Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G Spirit jailbroken Weird Problems

Default 3G Spirit jailbroken Weird Problems
    I have Jailbroken my 3G phone for the last 2 years with many different firmwares without any problems.

I have had no problem with using redsnow or spirit to jailbreak, it works just fine.

The problem I've been having is now my phone drops calls,
    but only after I charge it.

If I shut it down and restart after a recharge, it works fine

It also will not ring when someone calls, then later when I happen to login, It acts like I have a current incomming call, when I press answer, it kicks back to the missed call log.

Battery life is also half what it was on 3.1.2

I've never seen this with earlier versions before 3.1.3

Running Cydia, Winterboard, Boss Prefs, Open ssh and SB Settings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

First question - are you jailbreaking the SAME phone you have previously used redsn0w on? If so.. why are you switching jailbreak methods... just for fun? Secondly.. are you setting the phone up as a NEW profile in iTunes after the jailbreak? Lastly... Spirit does not touch the baseband which is the system responsible for handling phone calls and tower communication so the jailbreak process does not affect phone service.

I had the same problem with redsnow.
    That's why I restored stock 3.1.3 and tried Spirit.

I did not set the phone as a new one in itunes, it remains the same as before.

When the phone is stock 3.1.3 it works fine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

As with other jailbreaks.. it's always best to restore in iTunes.. then set up the phone as a /new/ profile in iTunes so you get fresh .plists. I would try that. The jailbreak process in and of itself has zero affect on battery life as it uses up zero CPU cycles and zero RAM. It's the additional jailbroken apps that may install daemons or lots of mobile substrate plug-ins. Also people with a jailbroken phone tend to actually USE their phone a lot more to tinker around with themes and misc apps and Cydia.. ect.. so it gives the illusion that the battery life sucks when infact you're just on the device more.

It's not so much the battery life as the problem with missed/dropped calls.
    Another thing I forgot to mention is, the phone will cut off my conversation when it is acting up, usually at exactly 1 minute.

Just to clarify I almost never dropped a call before the 3.1.3 update and jailbreak and when the pnhone is stock I don't drop any either.

Could it be a Cydia app?