Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g - Unable to enter recovery mode

Question 3g - Unable to enter recovery mode
    Hi,

I have a iPhone 3g 8gig, which was on 3.1.3, unjailbroken, and I am unable to turn it on to get to the OS. It turns on and is seen by iTunes. ( it was jb'ed on 3.1.2, no shsh backup though.) It seems like it has some kind of boatloader corruption, as I am unable to get to enter recovery mode. I can get it in DFU mode easily, and when I try to restore, it freezes up during the verification stage, and never reboots.

I can't get it into recovery mode (where it shows the i tunes logo on the iphone) thats why i think there is a problem with the bootloader (iboot).

Any ideas and tips on how to resolve this?

Yeah I think I know what your going through, sometimes my phone will even freeze up while I'm using it. Hold down the power button for about ten seconds and then hold down the home button simultaneously for about five seconds then hold down the home button for about twenty five seconds. This should put you into restore mode. All black screen.
    Moving Shadow

Yeah, i can get into restore mode, but the restore never finishes, it always freezes up. i can't get it to boot, or boot in recovery mode, thats why i think there is something wrong with the bootloader, and i need a way to restore the bootloader.