Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: stuck in recovery loop

Default stuck in recovery loop
    firmware 3.1, was working yesterday when I bought it, the seller tried to unlock it unsuccessfully. Phone is now stuck in never ending recovery loop.

Things I've tried so far... quickpwn, blackra1n, ireb, irecovery, holding power+home buttons in ever combination according to youtube videos. Tried most of these on 2 different xp machines as well as 2 different win 7 machines and still nothing.

If I can get the phone out of recovery mode, I can unlock it easily but nothing I have tried has worked so far.

Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I doubt it, Quickpwn seems to send a signal to the phone to kick it out of the recovery mode. Did you tried Quickpwn 2.2.5-2 for windows? It gives you a warning to reboot your phone by holding the home button and power button, it restarts itselfs in normal mode. Didn't that work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickje View Post
    I doubt it, Quickpwn seems to send a signal to the phone to kick it out of the recovery mode. Did you tried Quickpwn 2.2.5-2 for windows? It gives you a warning to reboot your phone by holding the home button and power button, it restarts itselfs in normal mode. Didn't that work for you?
    I've tried every version of quickpwn and it just crashes on every computer I've opened it on, running in XP service pack 2 compatibility mode as administrator and it still crashes. Tried on a win 7 32bit machine as well as a xp pro service pack 2 machine.