Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want to sell my iphone as jailbroken - upgrade needed?

Default Want to sell my iphone as jailbroken - upgrade needed?
    Hey everyone, been browsing these forums for a while now but, first post as I'm in need in help and have seen how you guys have helped others .

Anyway, I've got an iPhone 3GS on 3.1.2 jailbroken (not unlocked as im with the original carrier). I'm looking to sell it though and want to know the best way to go about it really.

Is it possible to remove all my personal data without restoring it - or in my case as i dont have my files stored on Cydia, so i cant downgrade . Or, will I need to restore it and be forced () to upgrade to 3.1.3 - then use Spirit to jailbreak it. I can then sell it as jailbroken but not unlocked and tbh, I would have preferred a way to have it sold as unlocked as well. But if that's the only way, that's fine but, is why I'm asking here, if there's a way to remove my personal data without needing to restore/update.

Thanks.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Set it up on a blank iTunes account and sync it. That should wipe out everything on the phone (minus the jailbroken stuff--that you'll have to delete manually if anything is needed to be removed)