Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck in recovery/DFU mode with 3.12 cant boot with blackra1n

Default Stuck in recovery/DFU mode with 3.12 cant boot with blackra1n
    Hey Im posting here because everything I've read about and tried isnt working for my phone... somebody please help me out!

I have a 3GS 16g on 3.12 and I used blackra1n to jailbreak. I have a tethered jailbreak and need to use blackra1n to boot my phone.

When my battery was dying I put the phone on airplane mode to try and save the battery... after the battery died the phone wont boot and is in recovery mode.

Blackra1n cant boot it , it just loops the blackra1n graphic and the phone resets over and over again. If I disconnect usb the phone just stays off.

I dont want to restore with itunes 3.13 because I need my phone unlocked to use with my carrier. I tried to restore with 3.12 and and old version of itunes but nothing works.

Please Help me! Im counting on you guys otherwise I have to buy another unlocked phone to use till 3.13 is unlockable with the new bootrom.

I am having the exact same problem! I am freaking out! Help!

There's a 30 page thread on this. People reporting various different things to try but no one method works for everyone. The best method sems to be to start blackra1n, close itunes and ituneshelper process, let blackra1n keep trying over and over and some people report that eventually it comes out of this loop. Not worked for me though. Good luck.

does this website actually work?? anybody know if this is worth the $30?? I would rather buy this than buy another phone

http://iphone-unlocker-pro.com/

Why not try using the Redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak your iPhone

redsnow wont work with my 3gs 3.13 and new bootrom... anybody know about the iphone unlocker thing I just posted above?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greatlover View Post
    Why not try using the Redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak your iPhone
    Redsn0w freezes too. I've read that pwnage tool works, I need to get my hands on a mac.

I don't want to have to upgrade to 3.1.3, but I need a working phone!

If I do jump to 3.1.3, will the official unlock from o2 work?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nzelinsky View Post
    Hey Im posting here because everything I've read about and tried isnt working for my phone... somebody please help me out!

I have a 3GS 16g on 3.12 and I used blackra1n to jailbreak. I have a tethered jailbreak and need to use blackra1n to boot my phone.

When my battery was dying I put the phone on airplane mode to try and save the battery... after the battery died the phone wont boot and is in recovery mode.

Blackra1n cant boot it , it just loops the blackra1n graphic and the phone resets over and over again. If I disconnect usb the phone just stays off.

I dont want to restore with itunes 3.13 because I need my phone unlocked to use with my carrier. I tried to restore with 3.12 and and old version of itunes but nothing works.

Please Help me! Im counting on you guys otherwise I have to buy another unlocked phone to use till 3.13 is unlockable with the new bootrom.
    If you updated your Itunes to 9.1 and above, BlackBreeze will fix it so you can run Blackra1n again

If you have to restore to 3.1.2 , you must have 3.1.2 shsh on file with Cydia.

If you can't restore to 3.1.2, then your last option will be last ditch method.

Quote Originally Posted by mOdO View Post
    Redsn0w freezes too. I've read that pwnage tool works, I need to get my hands on a mac.

I don't want to have to upgrade to 3.1.3, but I need a working phone!

If I do jump to 3.1.3, will the official unlock from o2 work?
    Are u on official carrier ?
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-23 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used Blackbreeze and Blackra1n still hangs on the splash screen

Do you have a link to a guide on how to shsh 3.1.2?

I was on O2 and used their official unlock, I'm now using a vodafone sim (from the UK).

Am I correct - if I upgrade to 3.1.3 the phone will be still be unlocked? (it doesn't matter what firmware?)

Thanks

I used Blackbreeze and Blackra1n still hangs on the splash screen

Do you have a link to a guide on how to shsh 3.1.2?

I was on O2 and used their official unlock, I'm now using a vodafone sim (from the UK).

Am I correct - if I upgrade to 3.1.3 the phone will be still be unlocked? (it doesn't matter what firmware?)
    Yes, if you are using Official Carrier for your Iphone, you don't have to worry about unlock, it will always be unlocked, you can restore to 3.1.3 , let it activate and then run spirit jailbreak... everything will fine..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Yes, if you are using Official Carrier for your Iphone, you don't have to worry about unlock, it will always be unlocked, you can restore to 3.1.3 , let it activate and then run spirit jailbreak... everything will fine..
    Thanks for your help, I will do it in the morning as its now 2am, I can enjoy celtics beating orlando now!

Thanks

Thanks for your help, I will do it in the morning as its now 2am, I can enjoy celtics beating orlando now!
    You are welcome enjoy your exciting games...

At the moment there is no UNLOCK for BB 5.12.07 OS 3.1.3 ... to jailbreak OS 3.1.3 you can use SPIRIT (untethered) but take note it cannot UNLOCK OS 3.1.3 BB 5.12.07 ... if your device is officially unlock then you can use the SPIRIT to jailbreak but if not OFFICIALLY UNLOCK then there is no solution at the moment but to wait for the OS 4.0 by June 7th hopefully... That's the time may be the Dev Team might release a new version of Redsn0w or even GeoHot (Blackra1n for OS 4.0)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im experiencing the very same problem and cant find a solution anywhere.
    hopefully somebody will find a solution im lost without my iphone.
    how can i restore to 3.1.2 using cydia server im not quite sure how this works. i need to keep my unlock.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rossy00 View Post
    im experiencing the very same problem and cant find a solution anywhere.
    hopefully somebody will find a solution im lost without my iphone.
    how can i restore to 3.1.2 using cydia server im not quite sure how this works. i need to keep my unlock.

Thanks in advance.
    Please specify, your present status : 3Gs or 3G, OS version, modem firmware, jailbroken yet, the first 5 digits of serial number, only then I can comment for you....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

3GS new bootrom
    firmware 3.1.2
    blackra1n jailbreak
    unlocked.

cant restore to 3.1.3 as i need the unlock.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rossy00 View Post
    3GS new bootrom
    firmware 3.1.2
    blackra1n jailbreak
    unlocked.

cant restore to 3.1.3 as i need the unlock.

Thanks
    Are u stuck at recovery ? have you tried pointing to Saurik Server and restore to 3.1.2, if you still can't do it you will have to use the last ditch method.