Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Compass issue on 3.1.3

Default Compass issue on 3.1.3
    Specs first:

iPhone 3GS model MB716LL / serial 86945xxxx
    Baseband 05.12.01
    AT&T activated

ISSUE:

I had the blackra1n bootloop and upgraded to 3.1.3 and used Spirit to JB. Now the compass shows 0 N no matter what way I face. I've downgraded to 3.1.2 with no luck, re-upgraded to 3.1.3 with a FRESH reinstall of everything from iTunes, not from a backup and still no compass.

Apps are also weirding out as mentioned in my other posts...

HELP!?! Ideas??

Regards,

-Frank C.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

who cares its only a compass

While it may be "only a compass" a program i critically rely on uses said compass...Now does anyone have any ideas as to what may be wrong??

Regards,

-Frank C.

Thanks

When you do the restores, once iTunes gets to the point of asking you if you want to restore from backup or set up as a new phone, have you tried the compass then before anything else goes on to the phone?

Yes, it still sits at 0 N...

Regards,

-Frank C.

Thanks

Ok then if the compass is not working even at that point, with a fresh restore and before anything other than firmware is installed, then it may be a hardware issue. Just out of curiosity if you open the maps app, and hit the location icon down in the corner, does your blue location dot spin and turn as you move?

Oh, and the firmware your using, was it downloaded from apple through iTunes or from somewhere else?
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-05-17 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    Ok then if the compass is not working even at that point, with a fresh restore and before anything other than firmware is installed, then it may be a hardware issue. Just out of curiosity if you open the maps app, and hit the location icon down in the corner, does your blue location dot spin and turn as you move?

Oh, and the firmware your using, was it downloaded from apple through iTunes or from somewhere else?
    My firmware was made by PwnageTool on a Mac using stock options...

The blue location dot does spin as I move around....

Regards,

-Frank C.

I have the compas on my iPad ssh into my 3GS drag and drop it onto your desktop then ssh into your iPad put it in applications folder then reboot now you have the compas on your iPad. Did the same thing for mobile timer worked perfect. Also tried mms and voice memo but need help with it open it up and just crashes hope this helps.

Thanks

Ok. Since your baseband is already at 05.12.01 and your on AT&T so there's no need for an unlock. Try using a stock firmware from apple instead of the custom one you've been using.

If the dot spins in the maps app then the internal compass is working it's just the compass app that is not.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-05-17 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Alright thanks! I'll have to run another restore. I've been waiting and just now got access to check here! I'll let ya know how it goes!

Regards,

-Frank C.

Thanks

Sounds good. Hope it works. It was prob just something not quite right with the firmware you were using. Let me know

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

fchrist (2010-05-22)

It worked along with a simple calibration! Now to see if AIM will work now...

Regards,

-Frank C.

Thanks

Glad to hear it worked!! Now you can rejailbreak with spirit.

Now just getting Apps to work again would be nice....AIM refuses to work.

Regards,

-Frank C.