Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlock and jailbreak 3g on 3.0

Default unlock and jailbreak 3g on 3.0
    okay, the foreign exchange student that is living with us just bought a used 3g running 3.0 she wants me to JB and unlock it. What is the easiest way, I used spirit to jb my phone and it was real easy, will that work for the jb? Then what do I use to unlock?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cavids View Post
    okay, the foreign exchange student that is living with us just bought a used 3g running 3.0 she wants me to JB and unlock it. What is the easiest way, I used spirit to jb my phone and it was real easy, will that work for the jb? Then what do I use to unlock?
    Spirit jailbreak will not work on 3.0, if you want unlock and at the same time to upgrade to 3.1.3. The easiest way to do but not as easy as spirit jb. Are you ready ???

Make a custom firmware of 3.1.3

For PC > download snowbreeze 1.5.2
    For Mac > download Pwnage Tools 3.1.5

Once you have created the custom firmware, it will be placed on the desktop.

For PC : Click Shift Key and Press Restore (Itunes) and browse to the cfw you just created.
    let it restore. sit back and have a cup of Capuccino. Once restored , you are jailbroken at 3.1.3 already. Go to Cydia, install Ultrasn0w to unlock, reboot.
    You are all set

For Mac : Click Home key and Press Restore (Itunes) and browse to the cfw you created. The rest will be the same as above.

It is as easy as A,B,C...Lol

OR One last thing, ask the foreign students to buy you a six packs of beers , don't forget to courier to me..
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-16 at 06:07 AM.

I thought you could not unlock the 3.1.3 yet or is that only 3gs?

if she does not want to upgrade to 3.1.3, can I still use redsnow for jb then ultrasnow for unlock?
    Last edited by cavids; 2010-05-16 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You cant unlock firmwares. So you cant unlock 3.1.3. Unlocks are for basebands. You can upgrade her phone by shift+restore to 3.1.2, jailbreak with Blackra1n and unlock with Blacksn0w (comes within Blackra1n app).

Google a Blackra1n guide for further help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cavids View Post
    I thought you could not unlock the 3.1.3 yet or is that only 3gs?

if she does not want to upgrade to 3.1.3, can I still use redsnow for jb then ultrasnow for unlock?
    It all depends on whether you still have the 04.26.08 baseband to unlock with Ultrasn0w and 05.11.07 baseband to unlock with Blacksn0w.

If you do it the correct way, you can preserve your baseband.

You guys are getting confused....LOL