Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS stuck in recovery. Blackrain. Help!

Default iPhone 3GS stuck in recovery. Blackrain. Help!
    Hello,

I have an iPhone 3Gs that is continuously stuck in recovery mode. I reset network settings this morning, and after that, blackrain could not get it to work after the reboot. Geohot's face appears on the iphone, but after that, the silver apple loading logo comes up. Then, I'm back to the recovery mode screen telling me to plug my iphone into the computer.

Please Help!

Thanks,
    Kevin

Thanks

Restore to 3.1.3

Thanks

as reaper said restore to 3.1.3 and jailbreak with spirit, u won't he able to unlock though

well, im on tmobile, so i will need to unlock it in order for it to work. right?

I think i will restore to 3.1.2 and blackrain again.
    Last edited by kzhlin; 2010-05-16 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by kzhlin View Post
    well, im on tmobile, so i will need to unlock it in order for it to work. right?

I think i will restore to 3.1.2 and blackrain again.
    I have a similar problem... how do you restore to 3.1.2 though? I thought iTunes errors out or am I thinking of something else?

If you restore will I lose everything back to my last backup?

Good luck by the way-

Quote Originally Posted by Justin W View Post
    I have a similar problem... how do you restore to 3.1.2 though? I thought iTunes errors out or am I thinking of something else?

If you restore will I lose everything back to my last backup?

Good luck by the way-

Yes. restoring to 3.1.2 will wipe out everything. you can restore from your last backup.

Thanks

unless you have your 3.1.2 shsh's saved you will only be able to restore to 3.1.3 since that is the only firmware that apple is signing

what's interesting is that my iphone 3gs is blackrained. it turned off today so i plugged it into my computer. however, blackrain wouldn't work today. geohot's face would appear, but then my iphone would go back into recovery mode...