Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Itunes syncing?

Default Itunes syncing?
    Hey everyone,
    So I have the iPhone 3G, and will be upgrading to the new iphone coming out this summer soon so I figured I would try out jailbreaking if I'm just going to get a new iphone anyway if it doesn't go well. My questions are:
    First, when you have a jailbroken iphone, will it sync with Itunes just like it does before you jailbroke it? Will all the jailbroken apps be backed up along with all the other information the iphone holds?
    Second, when I upgrade my iphone, but don't want to jailbreak the next one, will I be able to use by backup of this jailbroken iphone to sync to the new iphone? For example would it just be like a normal sync except it won't bring over the jailbroken apps?
    Thanks for any help

Thanks

Yes a jailbroken iPhone syncs just like an unjailbroken iPhone, and there won't be any problems syncing a new phone with a backup made from a jailbroken ones. No iTunes does not sync jailbroken apps from cydia, but there are apps like pkgbackup that will do that for you.

Thanks

as jkmonkey said it will sync as normal but it is not recommeded to use the backup option if the backup was created from a jailbroken phone...set up as "new phone" and use sync instead as backups can carry over jailbreak info which has been known to possibly cause battery drain issues