Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore 3 Gs..

Cool Restore 3 Gs..
    Hi guys,

I have jailbroken my iphone 3Gs with blackra1n a while ago, but it is a tethered JB , so now I want to use spirit..

I tried restoring it 8 times ! but it gives me this message every time I restore it..

My question is , how can I restore it , as it is on a tethered jailbreak ?

thanks guys..

Go to Google and search for SiNfuL iPhone ECID.SHSH Restore Server Tool,this can help you out

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Spirit requires being on 3.1.3. Restoring 3GS in general requires backing up SHSH files--you cannot do a traditonal restore like the other iphones. If you go to Cydia, you should have an option to back up your SHSH files. If not, you can manually do so (Google is your friend).

Thank you guys..
    I read about the umbrella that I can use to back up my shsh..
    I want to know more about shsh files.. any help?

google is your friend!

I do google things b4 I post for help.. but google cannot explain some stuff as it does not have a human brain !

You cannot restore to 3.1.2 anymore. Spirit requires you to be on 3.1.3. Currently, you can only jb at 3.1.3.

Try to download the 3.1.3 fw from another site, and shift-click for windows (option-click for macs) the restore button on itunes. Then select the fw you downloaded.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kzhlin For This Useful Post:

BELLISSIMA (2010-05-17)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

OP didn't say restore to 3.1.2. Need to backup SHSH file with Umbrella for 3.1.3 for FUTURE use but as for jailbreak, Spirit for 3.1.3.

Edit* sorry^ had to read carefully again, got it confuse with another thread lol. If still on 3.1.2, SHSH files can be manually backed up by Umbrella or thru Cydia.

That's a way to restore and stay on 3.1.2 but no way to do 3.1.3 without upping the baseband I think? Something like that--point is it's important for OP to back up those SHSH files
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-05-16 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

BELLISSIMA (2010-05-17)

Quote Originally Posted by kzhlin View Post
    You cannot restore to 3.1.2 anymore. Spirit requires you to be on 3.1.3. Currently, you can only jb at 3.1.3.

Try to download the 3.1.3 fw from another site, and shift-click for windows (option-click for macs) the restore button on itunes. Then select the fw you downloaded.
    I am on Blackra1n now , i want to be on spirit..
    I thought of restoring then upgrading to 3.1.3, then spirit..

But I understand from ur reply that I can go directly to 3.1.3 without restoring, am I correct in this ?

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    OP didn't say restore to 3.1.2. Need to backup SHSH file with Umbrella for 3.1.3 for FUTURE use but as for jailbreak, Spirit for 3.1.3.

Edit* sorry^ had to read carefully again, got it confuse with another thread lol. If still on 3.1.2, SHSH files can be manually backed up by Umbrella or thru Cydia.

That's a way to restore and stay on 3.1.2 but no way to do 3.1.3 without upping the baseband I think? Something like that--point is it's important for OP to back up those SHSH files
    how can I do that ???

thanks ..

Guys ,

I just found this message on Cydia:

this device has shshs on file for iphone os: 3.1.2 , 3.1.3

can I normally restore my iphone now ?
    Last edited by BELLISSIMA; 2010-05-17 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by BELLISSIMA View Post
    I do google things b4 I post for help.. but google cannot explain some stuff as it does not have a human brain !
    Since you have an ECID/SHSH with the Cydia, what you need to have are the following:

USBView (to save your ECID to your PC), Firmware Umbrella (to save your/back-up your SHSH to your PC) then use your PC as your server instead of using the Saurik server or the Apple Store in order for you to restore/downgrade since Apple is no longer allowing people to restore on FW 3.1.2. Take note, if you upgrade to FW 3.1.3 with BB 5.12.07 then there is no possibility for you to UNLOCK your iPhone if you are using Blackra1n or Redsn0w to Unlock your iPhone.

Spirit Jailbreak can be use on FW 3.1.2 and FW 3.1.3 but the Device has to be activated first, it cannot jailbreak device which is on EMERGENCY CALL ONLY or stuck of RECOVERY MODE ... SPIRIT cannot UNLOCK your device ... so if you upgrade your device directly to FW 3.1.3 having a BB of 5.12.07 then you will have no chance at all to Unlock it for the time being ...
    Last edited by greatlover; 2010-05-17 at 03:50 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to greatlover For This Useful Post:

BELLISSIMA (2010-05-18)

my device is unlocked from apple officially .. thank u again greatlover!