Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I create a custom ipsw for 3GS 3.1.3 New bootrom?

Default How can I create a custom ipsw for 3GS 3.1.3 New bootrom?
    Can anyone please tell me how to create a custom ipsw for my 3GS, it is the new bootrom and I have already jailbroken with Spirit? The reason I want to do this is because if I mess something up I want to be able to restore with a jailbroken ipsw. Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by veliksam View Post
    Can anyone please tell me how to create a custom ipsw for my 3GS, it is the new bootrom and I have already jailbroken with Spirit? The reason I want to do this is because if I mess something up I want to be able to restore with a jailbroken ipsw. Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks
    I don't think you can create a Custom firmware 3.1.3 now because Spirit is the only app that can jailbreak 3.1.3
    What you can do is the save your phone SHSH, by saving SHSH 3.1.3, you can always go back to firmware 3.1.3 if you screw up.
    AutoSHSH is a good app to save SHSH. Or just run cydia, then click at "make my life easier"
    good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dtsexpert For This Useful Post:

veliksam (2010-05-14)

Thanks

You can't. The new bootrom will not accept a custom firmware at all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

veliksam (2010-05-14)

Quote Originally Posted by dtsexpert View Post
    I don't think you can create a Custom firmware 3.1.3 now because Spirit is the only app that can jailbreak 3.1.3
    What you can do is the save your phone SHSH, by saving SHSH 3.1.3, you can always go back to firmware 3.1.3 if you screw up.
    AutoSHSH is a good app to save SHSH. Or just run cydia, then click at "make my life easier"
    good luck
    I will try with the AutoSHSH, however there is no more backing up on Cydia due to server overload by users trying to back up SHSH, it has been disabled by Saurik. Thanks for the info.