Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2G JB with 3.1.3 can't get back to 3.1.2

Default 2G JB with 3.1.3 can't get back to 3.1.2
    I just brought my firmware up to 3.1.3 on my jailbroken 2G iPhone. Of course AFTER I did this I discovered that I don't have the 3.1.2 .ipsw file required by redsn0w to do its thing.

I do have iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.zip on my Windows 7 computer but when I try to point redsn0w at the files, it can't find the .ipsw file. I also did a search for this file and can only find the 3.1.3 version of the .ipsw file, I can't find any other .ipsw files.

My iPhone is now stuck on the Emergency call screen.

I tried to follow some instructions to edit hosts file located in cwindows\system32\drivers\etc but since I am using Windows 7, I can't edit this file (even though I have admin rights on my pc).

Can someone please tell me how to get my iPhone back to version 3.1.2 so I can run redsn0w or blackra1n?
    Thanks.

There's a link at the bottom of this page to a 3.1.2 2G ipsw: Download the new iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware | Redmond Pie

Hopefully this helps!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can just get it from the Downloads section here. Outside links are usually not necessary...

Go download that file and run Redsn0w .94 or something like that and it should jailbreak and unlock your 2G even on 3.1.3 (just gotta point at that new 3.1.2 ipsw)

Thanks

change the .zip to .ipsw and point iTunes at it...should work for you then...Internet explorer for whatever reason changes it to a zip file

also there is no reason to change the host file..that only applies to the 3gs and the iPad as they are the only devices that require firmware signing
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-05-16 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the information guys. But one "minor" step is also required (at least it was for me). I read in a thread on another site that you have to download the firmware file with the Firefox browser. I did this and it finally worked correctly for me.

Renaming the .zip file to .ipsw may also work, I did not try that option.

Thanks

chrome or firefox are the best to use when downloading firmware files...I have seen where changing the .zip to .ipsw works so that why I suggested that instead of redownloading the firmware file