Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP Downgrade iPhone 3G 3.1.2 to 3.0

Default HELP Downgrade iPhone 3G 3.1.2 to 3.0
    Hey all, I'm trying to use the tethering hack from help.benm.at which you have to use 3.0 to do so.

I've tried searching the forum and Google but can't seem to find help, I tried a few restores but failed.

Can someone give very detailed instructions so this fool can finally get it done. Like the title says I have iPhone 3G 16GB on "3.1.2 (7D11)"

Appreciate any help, thanks!

PS - If someone can post a link to what jailbreaking is all about maybe I would want to do that too... they have tethering on JB phones also right? I own the 3GS but I use that phone, I was hoping to throw my SIM into the 3G and tether on my laptop whenever needed

Anyone?

Bump
    Last edited by cmoazz; 2010-05-14 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Just down download and save a 3.0 firmware. With your phone connected hold down shift and click restore, then browse to where ever you saved the firmware. Wait for restore.

And yes you can use tethering if you are jailbroken.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-05-15 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

it shows the plug into iTunes picture on the iPhone and iTunes gives the error message "The iPhone software update server could not be contacted"

This is after I hit Shift + restore and selected the 3.0 version

You think I should downgrade the iTunes version also? What version was current when 3.0 came out for iPhone?
    Last edited by cmoazz; 2010-06-22 at 01:32 AM.