Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Push Notification - Not Hacktivated. Whats the deal??

Default No Push Notification - Not Hacktivated. Whats the deal??
    3GS 3.1.3 jailbroken with Spirit on AT&T - Not hactivated.

When Spirit is first installed - all notifications work correctly.

However, the following day the mail icon does not display a notification badge when a new email is received. Same behavior with Voicemail as well. So essentially you have no way of knowing if a new email or VM was received without manually opening the Mail app.

Even though it was unlikely to work I tried Push Doctor. Same results though.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Email and VM badges are not push notifications actually. I would try a reset network settings.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did try resetting network setting and at first glance seemed to make a difference at first.

I'm now seeming some very strange behavior. When I open mail for my exchange account the phone begins to check for new messages. It never did this before being a push account. Also messages I read don't seem to keep their read status. Email I've opened go back to being unread after exiting.

One other thing seemingly strange is I don't have a Notifications menu item under settings.

Any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by quixin View Post
    3GS 3.1.3 jailbroken with Spirit on AT&T - Not hactivated.

When Spirit is first installed - all notifications work correctly.

However, the following day the mail icon does not display a notification badge when a new email is received. Same behavior with Voicemail as well. So essentially you have no way of knowing if a new email or VM was received without manually opening the Mail app.

Even though it was unlikely to work I tried Push Doctor. Same results though.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    I noticed that I haven't received push notifications that display in lockinfo. I have my phone jailbroken with spirit.

Tom