Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking 3.1.2

Default Jailbreaking 3.1.2
    I had a mishap with my old iPhone and had to have it replaced by Apple. I've now got version 3.1.3. I'm looking to sell it for an iPhone 3.1.2 but I have a few concerns.

1.) How do I know if's its a tethered jailbreak or not? I heard something about looking at the first 4 numbers of the serial number...
    2.) When I plug the new phone into my iTunes its going to sync with all my stuff, will I have to restore it and set it up like a new phone? Will it update automatically to 3.1.3 (since that was my last phone)?
    3.) Is there anyway by looking under the settings to tell if the phone is unlocked?
    Last edited by Johnathan Daly; 2010-05-13 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathan Daly View Post
    I had a mishap with my old iPhone and had to have it replaced by Apple. I've now got version 3.1.3. I'm looking to sell it for an iPhone 3.1.2 but I have a few concerns.

1.) How do I know if's its a tethered jailbreak or not? I heard something about looking at the first 4 numbers of the serial number...
    2.) When I plug the new phone into my iTunes its going to sync with all my stuff, will I have to restore it and set it up like a new phone? Will it update automatically to 3.1.3 (since that was my last phone)?
    3.) Is there anyway by looking under the settings to tell if the phone is unlocked?
    1. Not important anymore. Spirit will untethering Jailbreak 3GS...
    2. You can restore the new phone with your backup. Restore from back up will not update the new firmware.
    3. No. What you can check is baseband. Go to settings---general--about, then look for the Modem Firmware. Make sure it's 05.11.07 or lower. Do not trust the "version" since people can fake it.
    Baseband is what you should check so you know you get the unlockable phone.
    Note that Spirit only works with activated phone, so when you buy the phone. Make sure you ask the seller have it in activating condition if he/she is AT&T user.
    If you have friend using AT&T, then it should not a problem if you can borrow the AT&T sim to activate it in case it's not.
    Good luck
    Last edited by dtsexpert; 2010-05-13 at 10:57 AM.

I just contacted an iPhone seller and he told me there is a jailbreak for 3.1.3 to be released May 17...Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathan Daly View Post
    I just contacted an iPhone seller and he told me there is a jailbreak for 3.1.3 to be released May 17...Can anyone confirm this?
    The jailbreak for 3.1.3 was already released...., the name of the app is Spirit.
    Perhap the seller was talking about unlock, which is no one know when it will be available for the new baseband.