Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will I lose apple apps after jb?

Default Will I lose apple apps after jb?
    Ok I have read and read and my last resort is always to post, if I can't find the solid answer that is. I have a fresh never jb 3gs 16 gig, 3.1.2 but with the new bootrom. I'm all backed up and ready to go, my question is this. After I jb, will the apps I have be affected? I really don't care about most of them, but I have a few games I have played for a while, tapfish, original gangstaz, imobsters and tapfarm, and I really don't have to start over because I am doing really well in all of them. They are backed up in itunes, as they show up when I highlight "applications" in the left pane of itunes. So basically I want to know if they will be affected, and if they will be, would I be able to restore them and continue from where I am now? I really appreciate all the help here, both from direct responses to my threads and from the information I read in others' threads. Thank you!

The apps will be deleted from the phone. You can resync the games if they're saved into iTunes, but any saved data that is not available through an online server (such as a storm8 account for those simulation games) will most likely be erased.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to skolpo For This Useful Post:

wa2ruff (2010-05-12)

Alrighty, thank you very much skolpo, you answered my questions, I appreciate it!!

Thanks

You wont loose apps when u jailbreak...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

wa2ruff (2010-05-13)

Thanks

If you jailbreak with spirit the apps won't be taken off your phone at all. All your game saves will be intact.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

wa2ruff (2010-05-13)

Thanks

Just make sure to sync. Even if you do lose the apps, restore from backup will have your game data saved.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

wa2ruff (2010-05-13)

Done deal!! Thank you all for responding, sure enough, I backed everything up, then made back-ups of the back-ups and on multiple HDD's, as well as syncing in itunes.........spirit took about 15 seconds or so and I'm jailbroken! Now I have to read and learn about cydia and everything else! Thank you!