Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs perma-bricked??? help!!!

Unhappy 3gs perma-bricked??? help!!!
    ok then lets begin.

i have a 16gb 3gs old boot rom on f/w 3.0.1 that was jailbroken using redsn0w 0.9.2 then i used sn0wbreeze to make my custom 3.1.3 ipcc since apple was no longer signing old f/w certs

well so now the problem i was on cydia and i downloaded the veencey (sp?) program. well after that was done i closed cydia and then went over to the app store and thats when my phone shut off and began an endless boot loop.

so i try going back into itunes and restore my custom sn0wbreeze ipcc but it doesnt work it kept givin me like 160x error codes
    so then i try jail breaking on redsn0w with 3.0.1 and nothing happens i then ry 3.1.2 and it seems to respond to that but then it just goes back into the boot loop

i tried ih8sn0w, irecovery, blackra1n, ireb, fr0zenw1nd anything i could to keep my jailbreak after itunes sn0wbreeze recovery failed.

so then nothing worked and i gave up and i thought i would try just a restore but when i tried i got error 9. i moved over to another comp and same thing error9. one was xp the other vista

now im stuck i dont know what to do. i would take it to apple to fix but i was smart enough to put the sn0wbreeze boot logo and recovery logo on my phone. i tried to see if i could atleast get those off but nope my phone wont let me. i've also tried updating my phone to 4.0 beta f/w but im unable to aswell i get error 13

i dont know what to do. i think im S.O.L big time. im trying everything i can think of but nothing is working

so im asking for help. i think im beyond it but im asking anyway.

thanks alot i know this was a story lol.................

im just trying to fix my phone at this point. jailbreak does me no good if the phone is dead. im back to using my 2g and it friggen sucks donkey nuts
    Last edited by r8ednxt; 2010-05-12 at 05:53 AM. Reason: more info

Did you put it in dfu
    mode?

Thanks

Turn off the 3gs. Wait like 5 seconds. Then while holding the home button connect the 3gs and try to shift restore to the custom firmware

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

aaaaahhh.. sigh. It's funny when you can predict the OP every time just by the title.. "OMG it's BRICKED!!!!" and the solution is always the same... DFU restore.

^yep. It's sad. They should make you pass a test before you can jailbreak. and have kids. and get a cell phone. and drive (oh, wait. lol).

hey ya thanks for the help. i thought i put it in the long @$$ essay i wrote but i guess i didn't.

yes dfu has been tried as well. i've tried restoring every way possible in dfu and recovery and no dice.

like i said earlier i've tried alot of things and cant figure it out. so im trying now to get this sn0wbreeze logo out and back to the stock apple one so if i have to i can take it to apple and they wont be like "hey your phone is messed up cause it jaiilbroken. that'll be an arm and a leg please."

so then whacha all think??? perma-bricked??

i've also read somewhere before it could be the batt. i dont think this is the case but im willing to give anything a shot. i just need to order the batt first and then ill try my hand at replacing it
    Last edited by r8ednxt; 2010-05-12 at 08:00 PM. Reason: info

Thanks

Your only hope would be to have your 3.1.2 SHSH backed up in Cydia and restore to a stock 3.1.2 firmware. If not you're not bricked... you're going to have to update to 3.1.3 and lose your unlock.

sadily i was never on 3.1.2 i updated right from a jailbroken 3.0.1 to jailbroken 3.1.3 cause apple stopped signing the f/w certs.

i clicked the make my life easier button on cydia but i think it was for 3.1.3.

i would gladly take a stock iphone over nothing but i cant even get my phone back to stock. i restoring back but i keep getting error 9. i thought i could upgrade to 4.0 b3 and then downgrade but i get error 13

Thanks

Restore to 3.1.3

error 9 when trying to restore to stock 3.1.3

im gonna also try ibeej's windows program and see what that does. just waitin for him to release it
    Last edited by r8ednxt; 2010-05-12 at 08:47 PM. Reason: info

Thanks

have you looked here: http://modmyi.com/forums/general/710...pple-logo.html

iBeej has done some great work getting people out of the same boot loop that your stuck in.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-05-12 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lol ya im already going through that thread. im hoping lol praying really this works. just waiting for it to be released.