Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking 3.1.2 using Spirit

Default Jailbreaking 3.1.2 using Spirit
    Hello,

I have blackra1n jailbroken iPhone 3G[S] with f/w 3.1.2, 5.11 baseband. I will hopefully be going out of the country for a month or so. I want to be able to use my iPhone with the local carrier wherever I go but I am not gonna be able to carry my laptop everywhere.
    So i was hoping to restore my iPhone using itunes and jailbreak using Spirit (so I have untethered jailbreak)but not upgrade to 3.1.3 so that I can unlock the phone. As soon as I jailbroke using blackra1n a couple months ago, i tried saving my SHSH files on Cydia. But I guess by then apple had stopped signing, hence Cydia gave me a msg that my SHSH for 3.1.3 has been stored on file (I hope this makes sense). I also saved my SHSH blobs using AutoSHSH from iH8sn0w, before Spirit was released. Now my concerns are:

1. Can I rejailbreak my phone using Spirit?
    2. My SHSH blobs saved on Cydia - is that going to help me now?
    3. If I restore thru iphone, is it going to automatically upgrade my f/w and hence baseband too???

Anyway I can make this work????

PLZ PLZ PLZ help all you iPhone gods out there.... Will be ever-grateful...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Using spirit requires you to be on 3.1.3. It also should not be mixed with other jailbreaks. So that takes the option of using a custom firmware to upgrade out. And upgrading with actual 3.1.3 will lock you. So I say you may have to live with tethered jailbreak in order to stay unlocked.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

oooh That was a quick reply... thanks a ton.

But Spirit lists 3.1.2 as one of the requirements. So I thought Spirit works with it. Here are the actual words from the website...

Requirements
    Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
    An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
    Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
    Syncing with iTunes before trying this is highly recommended.

Thanks

Ok. Then make sure your host file is changed to point at suarik's server then download the 3.1.2 firmware for your device. Then shift-click restore then point to the 3.1.2 firmware you downloaded. It should restore to 3.1.2 then just Jailbreak with spirit. You have ATT now right so you can activate it?

Make sure you sync before had to sync contacts and other info. Do not restore from backup because it is known to cause issues.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-05-12 at 05:55 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhilnagaraj24 View Post
    oooh That was a quick reply... thanks a ton.

But Spirit lists 3.1.2 as one of the requirements. So I thought Spirit works with it. Here are the actual words from the website...

Requirements
    Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
    An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
    Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
    Syncing with iTunes before trying this is highly recommended.
    Spirit also says this: If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)

You don't have SHSH for 3.1.2 so you can't restore to that version.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Spirit also says this: If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)

You don't have SHSH for 3.1.2 so you can't restore to that version.
    Opps they are correct. I read your first post wrong and thought it said you did have 3.1.2 saved.

Well....... I was destined to restore and lose my unlock..
    My fone got stuck in a recovery loop(i just tried ismart dialer and got the rock extension conflict error a few times...but i did not try to jailbreak with spirit).. So I ended up restoring my iphone.
    But after i restored to 3.1.3 and jailbroke, i used pkgbackup and app backup to re-install my cydia apps and randomly my phone got stuck in the recovery loop twice after that. Its stuck now again(it keeps restarting after trying to get out of the apple logo)... what do I do???