Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My 3GS Crashed and Now I'm stuck at the Pineapple

Angry My 3GS Crashed and Now I'm stuck at the Pineapple
    Okay details first.
    iPhone 3GS 32gb. Originally JB'ed using redsn0w at 3.0 firmware then updated via pwnage tool to 3.1.2 unlocked with ultrasn0w intact. No major issues/problems/crashes until today.

What Went Wrong -

I have backgrounder installed so I can listen to Pandora and do other stuff. So I was listening to pandora on the way to work, I get to work, I disable backgrounding for pandora, and as it's going back to the home screen, the phone crashes and then comes back on with the Pineapple and won't go away.

Is there any other way besides DFU and restore to fix it? Am I bricked? Do I have to 3.1.3 update via iTunes (Please God NO!)

***Edit/Update** After consistently turning the phone off and on and letting it sit on the pineapple for 5 minutes at a time, it turned on after 2hrs and works just perfectly. Wha? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth I guess....
    Last edited by mattstkc; 2010-05-11 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Problem Magically Solved?

have you been lucky enough to have the old bootrom? (was you connecting your device to a computer on reboot? if no then you've got the old bootrom)
    so, all you have to do is to have a Custom 3.1.3 Firmware from pwnagetool, Enter DFU Mode, and restore.
    once done you may have error 1015, to bypass it, you can use iReb from ih8sn0w.com
    Last edited by drmias; 2010-05-11 at 04:29 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

mattstkc (2010-05-11)

Yeah and NO. Old bootrom, but wasn't connecting to computer.. BUT.

after turning it on and off and letting it sit on the pineapple for about 5 minutes each time, it magically turned back on after 2 hrs of pineapple madness!

So, you should restore to a custom 3.1.3 by pwnagetool, it will preserve your baseband update so you can still unlock, and you'll have it jailbroken.
    follow this:
    1) Download a 'custom 3.1.3' Firmware (if you can't find I could give a link)

2) Enter your iphone into DFU mode (press both power and home button for EXACTLY 10 Seconds, and then release the power button and keep holding the home button until hearing a voice of connecting a hardware from the computer or having some message (it would take about another 15-20 seconds) If you have any problem with it: search ENTER DFU MODE on YouTube.

3) Click SHIFT+Restore on iTunes and choose your fresh downloaded Custom 3.1.3 Firmware.

---**--- If you get an error between 1000-1016, it's ok, do 2 and 3 again, and then you'll get error 1015 which is OK! ---**---

4) to bypass the 1015 error, all you have to do is to download iReb from ih8snow.com, once lunched click on "Fix Recovery Mode Loop" Then choose 3G[S].

5) To get your iPhone unlocked, all you still have to do is to add the relevant unlock tool source and install the unlock package.