Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost camera roll. Help plz.

Default Lost camera roll. Help plz.
    Lost all of the pictures in my camera roll. iphone 3gs
    Time line of events.
    Had camera roll. 3.1.2--->Backup---->Upgrade to 3.1.3---->Updated itunes----> Spirit Jailbreak. Check for camera roll. Gone.

Entire camera roll gone. Whats going on? If I restore from the backup that was made on 3.1.2, will I have problems with the spirit jailbreak? And can I extract the pictures from the backup? Are they even in there?

Thanks so much.

This is a Spirit bug -- there is a fix on Spiritjb.com. I can't help you with extracting pictures, but I guess they are in the backup.

So how should I go about getting the pics back. Should I restore? Will that break the jailbreak? I have app data that I don't want to lose now too, progress in games and such.

Thanks

You would have to restore from backup. That will get your pics back. Then just rejailbreak with spirit, but download the updated version that fixes the problem. spiritjb.com

So what should be my next move.

I have been without pics for a couple days and have application data that I want to save.
    If I backup, restore to old, jb and then restore to the new, jailbreak again?
    What are the complications here?

Will backup now even save the states in applications?
    And can I even restore to a backup thats 3.1.2?

Thanks

To get the pics back you would have to restore to the old backup, then rejailbreak. You have a choice to make, either your pics or your app data from the last few days.

Of course I guess you could restore to the old backup>retrieve your pics and save them to your computer>restore again, this time to the backup that has your app data> rejailbreak. Then just tell iTunes to sync photos to the folder on your computer where you saved the pics. They would no longer be in your camera roll, but they would still be on your phone under photo library.

And no there is no problem at all restoring to a backup that was made while you were on 3.1.2 or any other firmware.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-05-11 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost