Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    have patience

Quote Originally Posted by icegunner View Post
    I hate to sound like I'm nagging...
    But, do we have an update?
    I am still available for testing if need be.
    Not really no.

I can't keep going without a phone, and I know he is working hard for the Windows fix and all but I don't see it happening for a few more days.

So, I'm just gonna restore and backup from my 5/2 backup and hit the long trail of remembering and reinstalling all my Cydia and Intallous Apps/Files.

Wish me luck!

Thanks for trying though, BJ.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

so does this actually work,,
    if it does ill make it a sticky

I should mention that Beej has a job as an IT professional. There is a lot going on at his company right now and so he has to focus on his job during the day. Between this iPhone project and his actual job, he is working about 18-19 hours a day.

That said, if he isn't updating much during the day it's because he is working. He is working on the iPhone project when he gets moments to spare while at work and as soon as he gets home from work.

Trust me, I know how hard it is to be without your phone. I lasted maybe 36 hours before I went and bought myself a cheap replacement phone ($30 AT&T Go phone) because I couldn't handle not having a phone. Even then, I felt like a part of me was missing because I didn't have my beloved iPhone. Both BJ and I know what you are going through and he is working so hard to come up with a solution for you.

Thank you for your continued patience. Believe me when I say that he is putting a tremendous amount of pressure on himself to finish this project for you. But please also remember that he has a LOT of responsibilities and pressure at work and that has to be his top priority.

@battlecrushr

yes this actually works, the mac version is complete and works great. BJ is working on finishing the windows solution.
    Last edited by CarlieQ25; 2010-05-13 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlieQ25 For This Useful Post:

czxxx (2010-05-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    im with melaw i had the same problem maybe thats why it worked for both of us good luck hope you guys figure it out for the rest of the guys and a special thanks to CarlieQ for letting her man help everyone take care.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

awesome stuck

Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    1.) iPod Touch 2G OS firmware version

2.) Unlocked or not
    NotUnlocked

3.) Which jailbreak did you use
    redsn0w

4.) Do you use windows or mac.
    Windows

5.) Do you at LEAST have access to a mac.
    No

I can't thank you enough for your work!!! Looking forward to a fix, you're a life saver
    Is he making an iPod Touch fix? Wouldn't it be the same as for an iPhone, just a different "/sbin"?

Long time/first time- Thanks for all your hard work been out since last week...baby pix from vaca- returned day before it fell over. Simply- You are a hero.

1.) iPhone OS firmware version
    OS 3.1.2
    2.) Unlocked or not
    Blackra1n
    Windows
    No
    6.) The results of the applied FIX.
    -
    Donation coming

Thanks for the sticky battlecrushr! The fix works great for most people and I have some very generous donations and kind emails you don't see who haven't posted on the forum with stories of success. Even being able to recover one phone, two phones, anything to help people retrieve their pictures has made all this work, support, and correspondence worth it!

I have been busy at work and it has been really stressful, as the company had some important business deals fall through and it could close it's doors in as little as 3 days. So I have been doing everything I can to keep things running smooth and get through this. Even with my background and experience, it's a rough economy and job market out there. So I'm stressed.

I will work more on this tonight and report back soon. Lot's to do and a lot of you to support!

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 09:41 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

czxxx (2010-05-14), spooky655 (2010-05-14), wa2ruff (2010-05-14)

Default Keep up the great work!
    Hey BJ just sent some money your way. Your service to the community is deeply appreciated.

I have tried the latest redsn0w version you posted and it doesn't seem to work. Once I have the phone in DFU mode, redsn0w just goes away without installing. I have also put it in DFU mode first and as soon as I click next after the Cydia selection screen redsn0w simply closes.

My phone is still shutting off after a few seconds.

It is a 3GS running 3.1.2. It was originally jailbroken using the Pwnage Tool. I have both Cydia and Rock and I think I had updated with the latter. I had to reboot today and that was the end of it and here I am.

I have every confidence you will find a solution and will patiently wait. I am so glad I didn't just go through the pain of a restore and dealt with the lost files.

If I can assist in any way I have both a Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.3 and a Windows 7 64-bit computer available.

Tan

Hey Tan!
    Thank you for your generosity and kind words. It means a lot! Im going to test redsnw for mac again tonight and see if I can reproduce the problem a few of you are describing.

More to follow...

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post

1.) iPhone OS firmware version
    2.) Unlocked or not
    6.) The results of the applied FIX.
    ****!

Yeah, this just happened to me. A little background:

- I had Cydia hit me with 14 available updates, 4 or so "Essential". Haven`t checked Cydia in 2+ weeks
    - I ignored it, and planned to backup my iPhone before I updated Cydia, having learned from previous experience.
    - BTW I haven't touched Rock
    - I synced with iTunes, and the backup was still backing up for 3+ hours
    - I have a backup from April 7, about a month ago
    - The backup froze and sent my iPhone into the spinning wheel, had to unplug iPhone
    - And here I am now, iPhone won`t boot, showing Apple logo for a minute before shutting off.

Of course I would prefer to not lose any data, but I do have at least, a month old backup.

So THANX for your help, and I look forward to your solution for Windows.

1.) OS 3.1.2
    2.) Not unlocked, original carrier.
    3.) um blackra1n or purplera1n, i forget.
    4.) Windows 7
    5.) ehh maybe
    6.) Waiting on a windows fix...

THX again

1. 3.0
    2. unlocked & jailbroken
    3. purplera1n
    4. access to PC & mac
    5. redsn0w just goes away without installing.

I hope that I have provided you all the information you would need. I feel gutted that I can't access my pictures, SMS, etc....it's awesome you've taken this on.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Any news for today?

REDSN0W FOR MAC FIXED AND UPDATED!!! OH and the USR/SBIN version is up too!!!! Read on...

As promised, I tested the redsn0w package I uploaded last night and I ran in to the problem you guys were talking about. Apparently, redsn0w doesn't handle a large payload very well, so it crashes.

I uploaded the standard /sbin package again, so if anybody experienced the crashing issue, please download the app again. Furthermore, I patched in the /usr/sbin fix to see if this kicks the rest of you guys through the boot process. Yes, it's kind of annoying needing to run both, but it's worth a shot for those of you who didn't have success with the first go around.

1.) Click here to download the redsn0w /SBIN PATCHER

2.) Click here to download the redsn0w /USR/SBIN PATCHER (NEW!)

Those two packages pretty much sum up the entire contents of diskdev-cmds, so any problems beyond this, is something worse. If it's kernel related, I will need to get diagnostics info from you and start figuring out why THAT is happening.

AS for the WINDOWS PATCHER, I have 3 different solutions:

1.) redsn0w disassembled version for windows. Sort of not working lol

2.) The tested blackra1n disassembled and reassembled version for windows. Works, but dealing with a possible payload size problem, so the phone isn't receiving it.

3.) You guys will be shocked to hear this. But I have already started a new project from scratch, borrowed the payload exploit file from blackra1n, and coded a windows jailbreak program from scratch! So far so good, and I have it using the newest libusb which fixes a huge mess of problems you saw in programs like iRecovery. It's a simple MFC app right now with the sole purpose of fixing /sbin;/usr/sbin but it's easy enough to expand it's capabilities in the future after this is all said and done. Since I have come this far with it, I might just code some recovery features in to the program later on.

Sorry for slow responses today... busy work schedule and I have been working on it nonstop since I left the office. It's almost 4am, and it's WAY past my bed time. (Again... you guys need to remind me to sleep)

BEEJ

I gotta say, the redsn0w MAC patchers work awesome. Every single night, I screw up diskdev-cmds and arbitrarily delete the binaries from /bin and /usr/sbin to break my phone just like the rest of you. I patch it every night before bed so my alarm works and I have a phone at work lol. So it's definitely a huge success where sbin is concerned.

However! I updated packages from Cydia yesterday and it borked my phone in a different way. It would BOOT but never load the Springboard, sit at apple logo for 5 mins and then reboot. Again, I posted instructions on the site about this, and THIS problem is related to DYLIBs in the /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries folder. I'm getting really ticked off with all of these problems from Cydia/RockApp lately. As it stands right now, I have all of my DYLIBs moved out of the folder so my phone would work. I don't have time to deal with it because I'm working on the FIRST thing they screwed up. One problem at a time Saurik and Rock, thank you.

Oh and briefly..... I have pretty much made it my mission to have a windows SOMETHING working on Friday. It's the weekend and I'm sure you guys would really like your phones working even more. I'm just going to bust my rear to make this happen. So just know, once again, im pretty damn serious about this.

Good night!

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

aceking1688 (2010-05-14), brattygirl72 (2010-05-14), Copyrighted (2010-05-14), czxxx (2010-05-14), faithless-1 (2010-05-14), steinomite (2010-05-14)

Once again, I do not know how to express this so I will just say that you are the best, really doing all this work to help others

I hope you manage to get it working so that you can get some rest (well, that's not the only reason )

I tried the redsn0w /USR/SBIN PATCHER, but my iPhone just keep rebooting itself.

So I think my case falls into the category of
    WHAT TO DO IF IPHONE IS REBOOTING AFTER A FEW MINUTES

For those of you running in to problems AFTER boot, and a stuck Apple Logo (most likely with indefinite rebooting) you have yet, another problem to resolve. It’s most likely a substrate DYLIB problem. Standard procedure here:

1.) open a ping window and continually ping the iPhone IP to monitor when it’s up.
    2.) Use SSH and connect as SOON as it replies from your pings
    3.) Now do the following:
    Unfortunately my problem is that I don't have Wifi enabled by default, so I won't be able to ssh onto the damn phone. I don't know whether there is another way to deal with these dylib files.

Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    REDSN0W FOR MAC FIXED AND UPDATED!!! OH and the USR/SBIN version is up too!!!! Read on...

As promised, I tested the redsn0w package I uploaded last night and I ran in to the problem you guys were talking about. Apparently, redsn0w doesn't handle a large payload very well, so it crashes.

I uploaded the standard /sbin package again, so if anybody experienced the crashing issue, please download the app again. Furthermore, I patched in the /usr/sbin fix to see if this kicks the rest of you guys through the boot process. Yes, it's kind of annoying needing to run both, but it's worth a shot for those of you who didn't have success with the first go around.

1.) Click here to download the redsn0w /SBIN PATCHER

2.) Click here to download the redsn0w /USR/SBIN PATCHER (NEW!)

Those two packages pretty much sum up the entire contents of diskdev-cmds, so any problems beyond this, is something worse. If it's kernel related, I will need to get diagnostics info from you and start figuring out why THAT is happening.

AS for the WINDOWS PATCHER, I have 3 different solutions:

1.) redsn0w disassembled version for windows. Sort of not working lol

2.) The tested blackra1n disassembled and reassembled version for windows. Works, but dealing with a possible payload size problem, so the phone isn't receiving it.

3.) You guys will be shocked to hear this. But I have already started a new project from scratch, borrowed the payload exploit file from blackra1n, and coded a windows jailbreak program from scratch! So far so good, and I have it using the newest libusb which fixes a huge mess of problems you saw in programs like iRecovery. It's a simple MFC app right now with the sole purpose of fixing /sbin;/usr/sbin but it's easy enough to expand it's capabilities in the future after this is all said and done. Since I have come this far with it, I might just code some recovery features in to the program later on.

Sorry for slow responses today... busy work schedule and I have been working on it nonstop since I left the office. It's almost 4am, and it's WAY past my bed time. (Again... you guys need to remind me to sleep)

BEEJ

I gotta say, the redsn0w MAC patchers work awesome. Every single night, I screw up diskdev-cmds and arbitrarily delete the binaries from /bin and /usr/sbin to break my phone just like the rest of you. I patch it every night before bed so my alarm works and I have a phone at work lol. So it's definitely a huge success where sbin is concerned.

However! I updated packages from Cydia yesterday and it borked my phone in a different way. It would BOOT but never load the Springboard, sit at apple logo for 5 mins and then reboot. Again, I posted instructions on the site about this, and THIS problem is related to DYLIBs in the /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries folder. I'm getting really ticked off with all of these problems from Cydia/RockApp lately. As it stands right now, I have all of my DYLIBs moved out of the folder so my phone would work. I don't have time to deal with it because I'm working on the FIRST thing they screwed up. One problem at a time Saurik and Rock, thank you.

Oh and briefly..... I have pretty much made it my mission to have a windows SOMETHING working on Friday. It's the weekend and I'm sure you guys would really like your phones working even more. I'm just going to bust my rear to make this happen. So just know, once again, im pretty damn serious about this.

Good night.

BEEJ
    You sir, are like a gift from God. Never have a seen such dedication...

Redsn0w 1 wasn't working for me, it kept crashing out. Redsn0w 2 worked, the program went through the entire jailbreak and the process completely loaded on my phone. When the loading bar was full and the phone showed reboot, the apple logo appeared for 5 seconds then disappeared again like usual.

To note that my phone doesn't continually reboot itself till the battery drains, it only loads to the apple logo when the home and sleep keys are pressed.

This seems to be a step in the right direction, just not sure why I won't boot?
    Last edited by KingCon; 2010-05-14 at 02:55 PM.

BEEJ,

First let me say thank you for working so hard to find a fix for the iPhone. I really appreciate your time and effort. I ran the SBIN and USR GUIs and I could not get my phone to reboot. I saw following items as the phone was going through the JB process: downloading JB data, running pineapple, the apple logo and then the screen turned black. I was hoping that it was rebooting but the phone turned off. The phone never rebooted during the JB process. Below you will find the specs for my phone. Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Unlocked
    Blackrain
    MacBook Pro 10.6.3, Windows 7 and Vista

Cheers,

Rachael
    "Restoring my iPhone is not an option!"
    Last edited by brattygirl72; 2010-05-14 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Added additional information.

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast