Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

hacktivated, but not unlocked
    blackra1n
    windows
    yeah

also its an iphone 2g

and xp
    Last edited by avenator14; 2010-05-13 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am ready and willing to help with my iphone in any way I can.
    I'm available from 6pm to 1am est everyday.

Filled out this info earlier but I'll do it again.

3.1 (iPhone 3G)
    Not unlocked
    Blackra1n
    Windows 7
    Last edited by Rommel; 2010-05-13 at 01:19 AM.

Hello all, it's the wife again. Just wanted to say a quick thank you to those who have donated. Your assistance and support really help out.

Also, if you come across a forum of people having this problem who don't know about Beej's fix yet, spread the word. I'd hate for more people to lose their data when they don't have to.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlieQ25 For This Useful Post:

wa2ruff (2010-05-13)

Hey iBeej... First of all, despite my lack of success, I do want to say I greatly appreciate your efforts on this...

I tried your solution and unfortunately it didn't work for me... Here's my details:

iPhone firmware 3.1.2
    jailbreak was blackra1n
    I use windows, but used a Mac to apply your fix in case that's relevant...

Before your fix, my iPhone showed the apple logo for 10-15 seconds, then would just shut off.

After the fix, I see the apple logo for maybe 10 seconds, then the screen flashes white, and it reboots - this will keep happening forever unless I force the phone to power off by holding sleep/home.

Because it's only alive for a few seconds, I couldn't try your SSH fix suggestion - there's no way it's booted up enough to get an IP address...

Any assistance you can provide to those of us experiencing this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hello all,

I am new to this forum but I have been following the Rock issue since I was affected as well. BJ, great job man!, thanks so much for all your efforts. I am in the same situation as footothebar, my phone keeps rebooting and I do not know how to get the IP address of it.

Any insight will help us continue seeing the light

Thanks again!

So, any news on how the Windows fix is going? Not trying to rush or anything, just curious.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok beej i have one more ? for you now that my phone is fixed i have an update alert on my rock should i update or will that mess what you did up thank you. david

Hows the windows fix progress? Any success beej

Beej give us an update it's been forever since you've updated us on whats going on and taking so long.

Is the testing not going so good?

How serious are we talking?

I appreciate any update you can give to us.

BJ has had an exceptionally long and hard day at work. He walked in the door about 20-min ago and went straight to work on the windows solution. He hasn't updated because he has been dealing with a bunch of stuff at the office and he broke his phone so he would have something to test on. I'll keep you posted until I go to bed. He feels the pressure and I assure you he is working his butt off to make it happen asap. He knows everyone is counting on him and he doesn't want to let you down.

Thanks

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarlieQ25 For This Useful Post:

czxxx (2010-05-13), steinomite (2010-05-13)

Cool. You go BJ.
    I'll be up for another couple of hours if you still need a tester.

Props to CarlieQ too for not putting him on the couch for all this.

I do appreciate all the work. Had I backed up regularly, I wouldn't be here. I owe ya one...

^Thanks for the update. Ibeej we appreciate you working hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogs4Life View Post
    Beej give us an update it's been forever since you've updated us on whats going on and taking so long.

Is the testing not going so good?

How serious are we talking?

I appreciate any update you can give to us.
    Will someone please sterilize this guy... he sounds too much like my clingy ex gf

Quote Originally Posted by z1mp View Post
    Will someone please sterilize this guy... he sounds too much like my clingy ex gf
    By asking for an update, like posters above have also done?

Aahahah.

You idiots crack me up, good stuff, keep acting that way.

Not unlocked
    Blackra1n
    Windows XP, but may have access to a Mac

I've been following this for a few days, thanks for the hard work iBeej

BJ is still working on it. It's a complicated process. Thanks for your patience. He hasn't forgotten any of you and he will update when a) he takes a break from his project, b) has something to report, and/or c) has time

The wife is now headed to bed so I can attend to my mom duties in a few hours. BJ will continue working into the night for you.

By asking for an update, like posters above have also done?
    Let's refresh shall we?

Ok I would like to now point out the fact that this is not in the form of a request. In fact it sounds an awful lot like an order.

Also for point of reference:

No fix tonight for Windows?

Wow, so i'm gonna have to go all day tomorrow without a phone...

I don't think I can.

Bahhhhhh!

WHY DUDE WHY?!

This sucks so bad. Either upgrade to 3.1.3 and lose my unlock ability but at least have a phone, or go without a phone which I really can't do.

This blows.
    Again allow me to point out just how much you sound like a clingy ex-girlfriend.

Begin sterilization.

Quote Originally Posted by z1mp View Post
    Let's refresh shall we?

Ok I would like to now point out the fact that this is not in the form of a request. In fact it sounds an awful lot like an order.

Also for point of reference:

Again allow me to point out just how much you sound like a clingy ex-girlfriend.

Begin sterilization.
    I really don't care.

You can spin it to sound however you want, its a message board, not hard to do.

Now all you're doing is crying and being a pain in my side, but luckily ignore fixes that ya know?

Again, I could really care less what you think/say so save your time typing out your spin stories to me mkay?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    don`t fight in here, let`s stay on the subject pls.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copyrighted For This Useful Post:

faithless-1 (2010-05-13), icegunner (2010-05-13)

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast