Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 983

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

  1. #721
    Is their anyone who can plz help me fix my phone? I really need everything that was on it.. After I ran bejees solution on both mac and windows my phone went in a reboot loop..

    Plz if thiers anyone who can help I'll gladly pay them...
    Here's my email [email protected]

    anyone who has anyinfo help me out plz

  2. #722
    Default iPhone is running again :)
    Hi iBeej,

    I tested your Windows versions of the patched redsn0w, but unfortunately without success. Everything looked fine, but after reboot the device still complained about the missing fsck and rebootet.

    So I gave msft.guy's ramdisk approach a try. I worked fine for me and I had access to my data. Listing sbin/ I found that still a lot of files where missing.

    So I extracted the tar.gz file from your b33jsn0w-sc-ddc-0.1-win.exe and copied all missing binaries to sbin. sync, umount, reboot and, lo and behold, everything was working again. No need to do a restore!

    Thank you very much for all the time and effort you spent on that issue!

  3. #723
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by wingZero21 View Post
    Hi,

    I thought I would post up how I got my Iphone back to a usable form. Its no longer jail-broken but I can at least get into the thing .

    I just used the Beejsnow up to the point where it shows the Itunes logo screen then ended the task and restored using Itunes. It restores the Iphone fine for me using this method, just in-case anyone else wants there phone to be usable.

    The only downside is that it will have the latest firmware but oh well..

    Update:
    I then used Spirit to Jailbreak it again so that seems to be a good idea for people who are still stuck currently.

    Regards

    wingZero
    After the beejsnow, when you were able to restore , you could have used the edited copy of 3.1.3 ipsw , you will then be able to restore to a jailbroken 3.1.3 and unlock with Blacksn0w on BB 05.11.07

  4. #724
    FIXED

    Without my phone for about 2 weeks, but in no real hurry. No critical data or pictures I could live without. I Had been waiting for a Windows tool, as I had no access to a Mac and no luck with VMWare. Finally just patched a spare hard drive to my work laptop last night and installed Leopard.

    My unit:

    iPhone 3GS (new rom) with 3.1.2 OS
    Unlocked (for use on T-Mobile)
    Jailbroke with Blackra1n (tethered boot only)

    Symptoms: Running blackra1n to reboot, GeoHot's picture appeared for about 7 seconds (instead of the usual ~45 seconds), then iPhone shut down. Always powered back up in Restore mode.

    Beej's Windows installers always "worked" (saw pineapple image and always ended without complaints) but never had any effect on the tethered boot.

    First run of Beej's Mac package last night (his 1st release) finished successfully. I ran Blackra1n to reboot, and iPhone powered right up, with ALL SETTINGS/DATA INTACT (substrate packages, mods, etc). As though I had just turned the phone off for a minute.

    Note that though I had tried all of Beej's Windows tools, it was actually his 1st release, the DDC package (for Mac) that fixed me, so his initial repair was sound.

    Tremendous thanks, Beej, for your work and your tireless effort in continuing to get others going. Thanks also to Carlie for keeping the communication going. Best of luck to the both of you.

  5. #725
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    After the beejsnow, when you were able to restore , you could have used the edited copy of 3.1.3 ipsw , you will then be able to restore to a jailbroken 3.1.3 and unlock with Blacksn0w on BB 05.11.07
    Hi,

    I just used spirit to Jailbreak the phone after restoring it with the updated firmware 3.1.3 no issues what so ever as the beejsnow fix was not working for me with any of the executables, I just used it to the point where its about to re jailbreak it (Itunes Restore Logo) killed the exe and restored with Itunes.

    Regards

    wingZero

  6. #726
    I need help help help. I'm guessing something went wrong after one of the new Cydia updates two days ago. I did a reboot yesterday, and phone went into the boot loop mode. The apple comes on the screen for about 10 seconds, and the phone shuts back off. I have tried all three of Ijeebs versions of Redsn0w, but can't get the phone to stay on.

    All of the fixes I can find are for 3.1.x or newer. I'm on 3.0.

    I don't want to have to do a restore, because I don't want to lose my data. I haven't backed it up in a few months.

    Anyone with info on how to retrieve my data or fix my problem would be greatly appreciated.

    I'm using:
    Macbook OSX 10.5.8
    3gs on 3.0 Firmware
    Manufactured week 23
    Jailbroken with Redsn0w 8.0

    Thanks in advance

  7. #727
    Quote Originally Posted by Niclu View Post
    I need help help help. I'm guessing something went wrong after one of the new Cydia updates two days ago. I did a reboot yesterday, and phone went into the boot loop mode. The apple comes on the screen for about 10 seconds, and the phone shuts back off. I have tried all three of Ijeebs versions of Redsn0w, but can't get the phone to stay on.

    All of the fixes I can find are for 3.1.x or newer. I'm on 3.0.

    I don't want to have to do a restore, because I don't want to lose my data. I haven't backed it up in a few months.

    Anyone with info on how to retrieve my data or fix my problem would be greatly appreciated.

    I'm using:
    Macbook OSX 10.5.8
    3gs on 3.0 Firmware
    Manufactured week 23
    Jailbroken with Redsn0w 8.0

    Thanks in advance
    Hi,

    That sounds pretty similar to my setup aside from using Windows. I tried all the installers on both Mac/Windows and none of them worked for me. The method I suggested will get your phone back to working order, depends how long you wanna wait with it broke unless beej can find a way to fix users on the older firmware.

    Regards

    wingZero

  8. #728
    Quote Originally Posted by wingZero21 View Post
    Hi,

    That sounds pretty similar to my setup aside from using Windows. I tried all the installers on both Mac/Windows and none of them worked for me. The method I suggested will get your phone back to working order, depends how long you wanna wait with it broke unless beej can find a way to fix users on the older firmware.

    Regards

    wingZero
    I think that is the key. I have 3.0 firm and none of ibeej's fixes worked from me either, they actually made the problem worsen (not complaining).

    Is there a way to upgrade to a newer firm, and still be unlocked & jailbroken (as I ask this I know there is, I'm just not aware of it).

    I don't think I have seen anyone post success with 3.0.1 and older firmware.

  9. #729
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KingCon View Post
    I think that is the key. I have 3.0 firm and none of ibeej's fixes worked from me either, they actually made the problem worsen (not complaining).

    Is there a way to upgrade to a newer firm, and still be unlocked & jailbroken (as I ask this I know there is, I'm just not aware of it).

    I don't think I have seen anyone post success with 3.0.1 and older firmware.
    KingCon >Instead of using spirit you should have used a custom firmware 3.1.3 and restore, you are then jailbroken and install Ultrasn0w to unlock. But now, once spirit is used, you cannot use CFW anymore simply beacause spirit is not compatible with cfw
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-03 at 02:08 AM.

  10. #730
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    KingCon > Yours is the easiest to fix, just create a custom firmware 3.1.3 and restore, you are then jailbroken and install Ultrasn0w to unlock.
    So, all I would need to do prior was figure out how to pull the data off the phone (SMS, Contacts, etc)?

  11. #731
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KingCon View Post
    So, all I would need to do prior was figure out how to pull the data off the phone (SMS, Contacts, etc)?
    Can you not restore from backup and not setup as new Iphone ? Contacts can always be synced back but not the SMS if you setup as a new Iphone

  12. #732
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Can you not restore from backup and not setup as new Iphone ? Contacts can always be synced back but not the SMS if you setup as a new Iphone
    I never backed up the iphone. I know, I worthless. If I do decide to scrap my contacts, would ultrasn0w require an AT&T sim or could I use my T-mobile during the unlock process?

    If I want to try and salvage my contact list, pictures, etc. Would it require knowledge of how command prompt typing? I seem to struggle to understand how to do that.

    BTW I've never used spirit. I originally unlocked the iphone with purplera1n. Then I tried Redsn0w (patched by iBeej) without success. So is it too late now to try your method?
    Last edited by KingCon; 2010-06-03 at 02:52 AM.

  13. #733
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KingCon View Post
    I never backed up the iphone. I know, I worthless. If I do decide to scrap my contacts, would ultrasn0w require an AT&T sim or could I use my T-mobile during the unlock process?

    If I want to try and salvage my contact list, pictures, etc. Would it require knowledge of how command prompt typing? I seem to struggle to understand how to do that.
    Well, everyone here has different scenario because of their present status , I usually advise them of what their present status is, since you are already at stock 3.1.3, Ultrasn0w will not work anymore. You will lose all your contacts if you did not sync your Iphone onto the Computer...so sorry to hear about that.

    Yes, definitely you need to know about Cmd prompt.

  14. #734
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Well, everyone here has different scenario because of their present status , I usually advise them of what their present status is, since you are already at stock 3.1.3, Ultrasn0w will not work anymore. You will lose all your contacts if you did not sync your Iphone onto the Computer...so sorry to hear about that.

    Yes, definitely you need to know about Cmd prompt.
    I edited my previous post (see above)

    I think we are misunderstanding each other, usually my fault as I read too fast.

    I am at 3.0 firmware with old base band, unless the patches from iBeej have changed that. I am stuck in a boot loop currently, but wasn't before I tried the patches.

    As far as Cmd prompt goes I have no clue. I've offered to pay someone to help me locally but none seem to be interested (guess the economy isn't as bad as it seems).

  15. #735
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    I am having trouble with this. I am on 3.0 jailbroken and have an iPhone 3GS from launch date. I am not wanting to upgrade up from 3.0 and I know Apple is no longer signing firmwares under the newest firm. My phone stays on the Apple boot logo the whole time.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  16. #736
    Default Aplied your patch successfully, but?
    Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    redsn0w.app -> redsn0w.app.zip is now UP and ready for download. I also screwed up the link in my blog post so I fixed that.

    Let's hear it folks, I want to hear some battle shouts after this.


    BEEJ
    Hi BEEJ,

    I have a 3GS having the same 10 secs turn off at the boot problem. I ran the b33jsn0w-ddc-0.1-win.exe and followed the instructions. I saw the pineapple and progress bar past 70% and reboots at 100%. But it is still turning off after seeing the apple logo for 10 seconds. This is a 3.0 firmware 3GS and jailbroken in June, 2009 as soon as the jailbreak was available.

    How would you comment on applying your patch successfully but still having this boot problem?
    Thanks.

    EDIT: Then tryin it on a MAC it is in indefinite reboot now
    Last edited by JerseyGuy; 2010-06-05 at 12:21 AM.

  17. #737
    unfortunately, i must give up the fight. it's been 3.5 weeks (since May 11) since my phone went down, and today i bit the bullet and restored from backup (losing about 20 days of data). Nevertheless I would like to thank everyone for their support and wish the rest of you good luck.

    Thanks especially to iBeej, what an amazing job he has done.

    p.s. i will be following this thread for a bit longer, fyi.

  18. #738
    First off let me say thanks for all your hard work OP. No success for me yet but it seems you've helped a lot of people here.


    3GS
    3.1.2
    05.11.07 BB
    Old bootrom
    Jailbroken and unlocked using blackrain and black snow.

    After a reboot the other day. I got the Apple logo. It stays on for maybe 5 minutes and then flashes to a blank screen for a second and then right back to the apple logo.

    It seems like you're tools are meant to be used in recovery mode as opposed to DFU mode? I ask because DFU mode is all I'm able to get into.

  19. #739
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastfirward View Post
    First off let me say thanks for all your hard work OP. No success for me yet but it seems you've helped a lot of people here.


    3GS
    3.1.2
    05.11.07 BB
    Old bootrom
    Jailbroken and unlocked using blackrain and black snow.

    After a reboot the other day. I got the Apple logo. It stays on for maybe 5 minutes and then flashes to a blank screen for a second and then right back to the apple logo.

    It seems like you're tools are meant to be used in recovery mode as opposed to DFU mode? I ask because DFU mode is all I'm able to get into.
    You should be able to get into recovery mode. Try this:

    1. Plug in iPhone through USB.

    2. Get the apple logo to appear (turn on iPhone or wait for beginning of reboot).

    2. As soon as apple logo appears, quickly hold both the power and home buttons.

    3. As soon as the apple disappears, release ONLY the power button.

    4. Continue to hold the home button. The recovery logo should come up.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to spooky655 For This Useful Post:

    iRemainCalm (2010-06-11)

  21. #740
    i've been trying the ramdisk thing for a while but without any luck getting the phone to boot into that horizontal progress bar... but after reading this, I think I may need some guidance. .. the phone isn't mine and neither of us know what fw is installed or baseband for that matter... we only know it hasn't been backed up since january so, we guessing.
    what should I do to retrieve this data if I don't know what fw or anything is on the phone ?

    thanks guys.. great work ~!!

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •