Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

Hey iBeej,

Sorry to hear about all the crap you're having to deal with. Not that it helps any, but I have been in a very similar situation myself.

There is no doubt in my mind that you'll have something better come along very soon. You're clearly a talented guy, and if this thread has highlighted anything its that you're able to turn your hand to the most technical of challenges without being daunted or intimidated.

On top of that, it sounds like you have an incredibly supportive geek-friendly wife It sounds like you have a few things to be thankful for at the moment, and I hope that gives you a little comfort while things are otherwise stressful and unknown.

Best of luck to you. I really hope (and expect) that you will land on your feet, and end up in a better position than before.

Karl (aka Buncle)

P.S. I do all of my iphone development on a Mac Mini, purely as it was the most inexpensive way. It ain't a macbook, but if you think you can earn any from development, its a cheap alternative.

Has the root of this problem ever been determined? iBeej's windows progam didn't work for me and I failed at getting OSx up via VMware so after 3 days I decided to restore my phone to 3.1.2.

So now I have a virgin phone. Should I be weary about re-jailbreaking? Do I stay away from Rock or Cydia, or both for awhile?

Sorry iBeej to hear about your troubles. Thanks a ton for helping out so many people.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Has the root of this problem ever been determined? iBeej's windows progam didn't work for me and I failed at getting OSx up via VMware so after 3 days I decided to restore my phone to 3.1.2.

So now I have a virgin phone. Should I be weary about re-jailbreaking? Do I stay away from Rock or Cydia, or both for awhile?

Sorry iBeej to hear about your troubles. Thanks a ton for helping out so many people.
    Hi Rubberneck,
    There is no 'root' problem to solve. Although, I like the pun. This thread is proof of that. I wish there was a single problem and even more.. a single standard configuration amongst thousands of you so this would be easier. But alas, that isn't the case. The core problem of the RockApp update is definitely determined, which is how I developed a fix. But a lot of people have confused a shutoff during boot with a stuck logo or REBOOT issue, which is totally a different story altogether.

My current patches are meant to fix the RockApp event. However, some have had luck using them with a reboot problem. Probably due to less severe issues. I have my source for the recovery app which was much more robust for the sole purpose of fixing the severe problems. For now, I will add and update some instructions to use msft.guy's ramdisk recovery solution to either 1.) backup your data, and 2.) also attempt a fix from the command line so you don't have to restore.

I'm sorry you had to restore. I wish I wasn't absent for a week, but I am not sure I trust Cydia/Rockapp at the moment. I have personally, with my own phone, have encountered nothing but problems when I tried. Seemingly, it would work great for a while, but then it would do something weird on it's own, crash, and get stuck in a reboot cycle again.

I think it will be best to wait for the announcement June 7th from Stevie himself about the new iPhone OS4. However, I wouldn't expect to see a release for it until the new iPhone ships, probably in July. But who knows, maybe Apple will release iPhone 4 prior, but that is very unlikely.

Finally, keep in mind, OS4 has a LOT of functionality many of you jailbreaked to acquire. Multi-tasking, app folders (with support up to 1800 apps), better messaging, etc. So I would bet money (if I had it rofl) many of you will no longer find jailbreaking necessary.

Just hold off on restores and upgrades right now. Unless it's absolutely necessary. If you really want something to do, go make a backup of your ECID SHSH, and then visit this thread frequently to help me out with others who currently have gimpy phones. It will help a ton.

Anybody have a Macbook they can spare? rofl

Good luck!

BEEJ

Quote Originally Posted by buncle View Post
    I'M BACK IN BUSINESS!!!

Finally, my phone is sorted. I'll give a little detail in the hope that it'll help someone else...

Although my problem occurred around the same time as the Rock episode, mine was a slightly different issue (the same issue as Agent Smith and Bassix). Mine would take longer than 7 seconds to shut down (it was closer to 35s). I tried iBeej's fixes, but unfortunately they didn't help me (however full credit to iBeej... he gave me the confidence to keep trying).

Next (after some reluctance) I decided to go down the 'Restore Ramdisk with SSH' route (thanks to MSFT). It was pretty daunting, but after a few false starts, and some assistance from MSFT himself on Google Wave, I managed to SSH in.

The first clue to my problem was after successfully mounting disk0s1 I then attempted to mount disk0s2, but received the error 'mount_hfs: No such file or directory'. After a little head scratching I tried 'fsck_hfs /dev/disk0s2' and I received errors:

** Checking Non-journaled HFS Plus volume.
    ** Detected a case-sensitive catalog.
    ** Checking Extents Overflow file.
    ** Checking Catalog file.
    Invalid sibling link
    (4, 1755)
    ** Volume check failed.

My next plan was to back up my drive image, so I connected via SFTP with Filezilla and copied /dev/rdisk0s2 to my PC (the plan was to attempt some recovery software on it, and mount it on my Mac).

A thought occurred to me... can fsck fix the filesystem...? So I tried 'fsck_hfs -r /dev/disk0s2'.

These seemed to be the magic words.

After much churning away and repairing, it finally finished with a '** The volume Data was repaired successfully.'

A quick 'kill 1' later, and my 'dead' iphone booted up into the lock screen. Everything is intact, and exactly as I had left it. It has now gone straight into my dock for a backup!!!

I hope this can help others. I'm not very experienced when it comes to unix and SSH, so this wouldn't have been at all possible without the help iBeej and MSFT in particular. To everyone else with boot problems, chin up. You can get it sorted!!
    Hmm, that's a bit strange. My b33jsn0w patcher sends the missing binaries you just indicated were missing from your phone. mount_hfs is one of them. I knew from the very beginning that one of the first problems was a failure to fsck due to missing these binaries. Which is why I created these patchers. But for some reason, it failed on your phone. I have noted your procedure and log info and i'm going to keep it in mind until I get a system to continue development.

I'm glad you're fixed!!

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Before printing, please consider the environment.

No trees were harmed in the generation of this post. A significant number of electrons were, however, severely inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    Hmm, that's a bit strange. My b33jsn0w patcher sends the missing binaries you just indicated were missing from your phone. mount_hfs is one of them.
    Just to clarify, the binary wasn't missing as I was able to mount disk0s1 just fine. It seems that the "No such file or directory" error is generated when mount_hfs tries to mount a bad image. That's all I can think.

But yeah, I'm pretty glad to be fixed too. My phone has been pretty unstable for about 6 months, and now its perfectly fine (so far), so it looks like all it needed was fsck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hi Rubberneck,
    But a lot of people have confused a shutoff during boot with a stuck logo or REBOOT issue, which is totally a different story altogether.

My current patches are meant to fix the RockApp event. However, some have had luck using them with a reboot problem.

I'm not sure if it was clear in previous posts that many of us had the 7s shutoff after the rock update. It wasn't until we tried the b33jsn0w windows fix and then the mac fix that we entered into the 7s reboot issue. Doesn't this mean that they are somehow related?

Tryzik, I would say they are definitely related. Let me explain. Initially, ibeej had the boot loop problem. A couple of days later I updated through rock (something I rarely do unless music controls says I need the newest version). A day or so after I updated, I rebooted my phone because it was being stupid - yes that is the technical term lol. Then I got the apple logo 7s then shut off problem. So ibeej and I were "fortunate" enough to experience the two main problems discussed on this thread. In the beginning, I would have said my problem was the most severe, but once the fix was applied I haven't had any problems. iBeej's phone gets fixed for a little while and then starts rebooting again.*

How they are related, I don't know, as I am only wife of nerd. But I our phones were both 3Gs, running 3.1.2 - essentially identical...*

I'm so grateful he created that fix though because I had 1772 pics and videos on my phone from the time my son was 2-months old. He is 18-months today. It took me 5 hours to backup my phone, but I was finally able to do so a day or two ago.*

iBeej's phone is stuck in bootloop again and he is working diligently to fix it so he can backup and then restore. As annoying as this will be for so many of you, it may go a little slower since he doesn't have the right equipment at the moment.*

I'm kind of amazed at the sheer number of people who were both effected and helped by all of this. The way everyone has come together to help each other in this thread is pretty awesome to me. Thank you to everyone for your kindness to us and for the donations. It truly means a lot to me

Now my tl;dr post will come to an end.*

-Carlie aka Wife of Nerd.*

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlieQ25 For This Useful Post:

czxxx (2010-05-29)

Default Close?
    1.) Iphone GS 32
    2.) Unlocked
    3.) blacksnow
    4.) windows 7
    5.) no access to a mac for now
    6.) No go

Hi. I applied the killsub fix and ddc but it didn't seem to help. It did everything its supposed to. I pointed it to a ipsw file from a backup I did about 6 months ago. I see the jailbreaking then the pineapple and then it says finished and reboots but it reboots to the infinite loop of reboot hell.

For kicks I tried verbose and for what its worth it stops at
    en0: Error configuring transmit antenna (index = -1 ) for about 5 minutes then reboots. I don't know if that matters but I just want to be thorough

Any help is appreciated. Also, since I'm able to do the above steps successfully, is there any way to use redsnow to just extract what's on my iphone? that's all i really care about. just some pictures/contacts then I can restore factory defaults if I have to.

iPhone OS 3.1.2 here
    Unlocked
    Used blackra1n jb
    Windows
    No access to mac
    T tried the SC+DDC fix with no luck and then the KILLSUB fix with no luck.

I will post more logs and details tomorrow but thought I would get started tonight and post some stuff. Basicly I saw the updates in Rock/Cydia that people were having issues with awhile ago so didn't do them. I eventually did update all in Rock however I thought it was after the bad updates were removed/fixed. I had no problems for awhile after doing these updates but then again I don't restart my phone very often. Anyways so Friday I had to restart my phone for some reason and at the time all my apps (jb and apple) were up to date. So it came up with the apple logo and didn't boot so I did home+sleep a few times to force restart and eventually after waiting awhile (30 minutes?) it booted and Rock said there was an error did I want to disable it or restart and try again. I did restart and try again and eventually the phone booted. At this point I knew there was probably a problem but was hoping for the best. Went to see if any updates were out that might fix this issue but nope no new updates. So then Saturday I had my phone tethered for internet when it lost service and frooze. I did a hard reset (home+sleep) and haven't been able to get it to turn on since. It would show the apple logo for awhile then popup a spinny circle thingy which would freeze and then eventually it would reboot and do it again. So I tried the SC+DCC and KILLSUB hack no luck and now have logging showing. The circle still popsup over the logging once it freezes and then it reboots eventually. I can post pictures of the logs tomorrow but it appears that its ending at AppleBCMWLANN88PlatformManager::handleBBNofiticati onGated(): Baseband Reset, wifi down. Sometimes it makes it to a point where it says something along the lines of en0: Error configuring transmit antenna (index = -1 ). So I am stuck and have tried all my ideas. Open to all new ideas and any help! Would like to get this thing working sooner than later again as I'm out of town and have no other phones with me. To top it all off I have an old computer which isn't the one with this phones backup on it.

Thanks so much.

I have an iPhone 3G 3.0..Stuck with the 7sec reboot LOOP(more like 10secs)
    Tried all fixes on Windows 7 64bit and a Mac Book Pro (OSX version unknown)
    I think I'm going to try the SSH ramdisk method, just a couple questions...

1.)would it be possible, if after I copied everything I need, to then copy over the whole disk, and then if iBeej comes up with a newer fix, I could do this again, copy back the whole disk, then use iBeej's fix to get it back to how it was originally? just as insurance so if I find that I may have forgotten something after I restore, I still have the original disk's contents on hand..if that makes sense, prob sounds stupid to you, but it's really just for piece of mind as I have some very important stuff in there..

2.)I am currently downloading the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Custom_Restore.ipsw (are they all the same? as long as the file name and FW version and iphone model match?)
    Also, as for the restore ramdisk keys, is this the right one?
    S5L8900:
    Restore ramdisk
    IV: CACA33F1ACA029320D60873A4DEED68D
    Key: 9962589AABB4D5EC56B7A867AB5B11B0

Do I follow the same instructions for a 3GS on 3.1.2? will I need to change anything or do I need anything else?

hope it all makes sense..
    Thanks for any help, much appreciated.
    Last edited by ayeayre; 2010-05-30 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ayeayre View Post
    I have an iPhone 3G 3.0..Stuck with the 7sec reboot LOOP(more like 10secs)
    Tried all fixes on Windows 7 64bit and a Mac Book Pro (OSX version unknown)
    I think I'm going to try the SSH ramdisk method, just a couple questions...

1.)would it be possible, if after I copied everything I need, to then copy over the whole disk, and then if iBeej comes up with a newer fix, I could do this again, copy back the whole disk, then use iBeej's fix to get it back to how it was originally? just as insurance so if I find that I may have forgotten something after I restore, I still have the original disk's contents on hand..if that makes sense, prob sounds stupid to you, but it's really just for piece of mind as I have some very important stuff in there..

2.)I am currently downloading the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Custom_Restore.ipsw (are they all the same? as long as the file name and FW version and iphone model match?)
    Also, as for the restore ramdisk keys, is this the right one?
    S5L8900:
    Restore ramdisk
    IV: CACA33F1ACA029320D60873A4DEED68D
    Key: 9962589AABB4D5EC56B7A867AB5B11B0

Do I follow the same instructions for a 3GS on 3.1.2? will I need to change anything or do I need anything else?

hope it all makes sense..
    Thanks for any help, much appreciated.
    1) Yes, you could copy all data (would still stay on your iphone) and run a fix after if it is made.

2)Yes, the steps are the same. You can try it using 3.1.3 firmware (using newest sn0wbreeze for custom ipsw), or 3.1.2 if that doesn't work (have to use sn0wbreeze 1.2 available here: iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones

You can find the keys under "iPhone 3G" here (click on name of firmware):

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware

So I think I have everything backed up to a machine at home (out of town right now) other than my most recent contacts and SMS so I am wondering if at the very least it could be possible to back those up for a restore?

Succes on a 3GS with firmware 3.1.

I HAD to use the 3.1.2 firmware (directly downloaded from apple, quicker download: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download).

Trying it with the 3.1 firmware resulted in the iphone staying in recovery mode and nothing happening (redsn0w telling me it's finished and everything else will run on the device)

1.) Iphone 3GS 3.1
    2.) Unlocked
    3.) blacksnow
    4.) MAC
    6.) success

Tool used: b33jsn0w-ddc-0.1-mac.zip

Thank you so much for providing these fixes!

Quote Originally Posted by abrm View Post
    Succes on a 3GS with firmware 3.1.

I HAD to use the 3.1.2 firmware (directly downloaded from apple, quicker download: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download).

Trying it with the 3.1 firmware resulted in the iphone staying in recovery mode and nothing happening (redsn0w telling me it's finished and everything else will run on the device)

1.) Iphone 3GS 3.1
    2.) Unlocked
    3.) blacksnow
    4.) MAC
    6.) success

Tool used: b33jsn0w-ddc-0.1-mac.zip

Thank you so much for providing these fixes!
    What were your symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    1) Yes, you could copy all data (would still stay on your iphone) and run a fix after if it is made.

2)Yes, the steps are the same. You can try it using 3.1.3 firmware (using newest sn0wbreeze for custom ipsw), or 3.1.2 if that doesn't work (have to use sn0wbreeze 1.2 available here: iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones
    Thanks for reply spooky, bit confused though, what do you mean try it using 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 FW? Doesn't it need to match the FW I have installed?

Still haven't gotten things figured out here yet and would like to get this phone working again soon. Thread seems pretty quiet lately which is concerning. I tried to use iRecovery so I could get more info but I am getting the error:

Found iPhone/iPod in DFU/WTF mode
    usb_claim_interface: could not claim interface 1, win error: The parameter is in
    correct.

I installed libusb as per the instructions listed at Downgrade iPhone 3G OS 4.0 to 3.1.3 or lower | jailbreak. Any ideas whats wrong?

Also I have nearly identical symptoms as was posted in http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...blackra1n.html. Would love it if someone could give me some ideas.

Also if I do choose to just loose some data and do a restore from backup what is the best way to go about that so I can rejailbreak without many problems?

Quote Originally Posted by ben_b View Post
    What were your symptoms?
    the 7 second reboot syndrome caused by the package that was removed by Rock.

Question Help with a 2.2.1 Ipod Touch 2G
    OK, let me list some statistics:

1. Ipod Touch 2G
    2. Jailbroken 2.2.1 with Quickpwn
    3. Windows Vista
    4. 200+ mp3s on dTunes
    5. NO backups for any music due to my dad deleting the accounts on every computer in my house.
    6. 3-5 second infinite boot loop

Right now, my only option is to try to use b33jsn0w with a 3.1.2 IPSW. Since I don't have a Mac, I can't use the ramdisk method cuz I can't use pwnage tool to make a pwned IPSW. So can anyone give me some advice as to what to do? Will b33jsn0w work on a 2.2.1 iTouch? Can I do the ramdisk method on a PC? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I started having my problems after downloading a lib-something from Cydia. I have ran b33jsn0w to no avail. b33jsn0w tells me that it has finished the process, but I don't see anything after I put my iPod into DFU. Can anyone help with getting SSH access?
    Last edited by aregee; 2010-06-01 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aregee View Post
    Ipod Touch 2G
    Can I do the ramdisk method on a PC?
    Sure.
    Use Sn0wBreeze 3.1.2 with 3.1.2 FW to create a pwned ipsw.
    Use original 3.1.2 ramdisk dmg and kernelcache from a pwned ipsw.

Load order:
    - 3.1.2 pwned iBEC : iRecovery -f iBEC.dfu; iRecovery -c go
    - SSH ramdisk made from original 3.1.2 ramdisk: iRec -f ramdisk.dmg; iRec -c "ramdisk 0x90000000"
    - 3.1.2 Devicetree (because you're on 2.x firmware): iRec -f DeviceTree.img3 ; iRec -c devicetree
    - pwned 3.1.2 kernelcache (made using Sn0wBreeze): iRec -f kernelcache.. ; iRec -c bootx

PS. I assume recovery mode works OK, you should start from recovery mode, then load iBEC. If RM doesn't work or doesn't load iBEC, try iReb (iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones) from DFU mode instead of iBEC. iReb loads 3.1.2 iBSS and pwns it, so iBEC is not required.

Has anyone had success with the fixes using 3.0.1 firmware? Seem most are 3.1.2 or higher?

I'm guessing that is the main reason why all the fixes from ibeej won't work for me?

Also, anyone from the Atlanta area able to help me pull my info off the phone? This way I can at least wait for a fix but know that all is not lost. I am willing to pay for the help.

Default Iphone Boot Loop
    Hi,

I thought I would post up how I got my Iphone back to a usable form. Its no longer jail-broken but I can at least get into the thing .

I just used the Beejsnow up to the point where it shows the Itunes logo screen then ended the task and restored using Itunes. It restores the Iphone fine for me using this method, just in-case anyone else wants there phone to be usable.

The only downside is that it will have the latest firmware but oh well..

Update:
    I then used Spirit to Jailbreak it again so that seems to be a good idea for people who are still stuck currently.

Regards

wingZero
    Last edited by wingZero21; 2010-06-01 at 05:35 PM.

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast