Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Guys,

Been searching everywhere for a solution to this boot loop problem.
    At first it took me around 10 tries with blackra1n and the phone rebooted, then after about 10 hours it crashed again and can no longer reboot.
    Hopefully you lads can sort it, you've put in alot of effort in so far and is much appreciated.

iphone 3GS new bootrom
    firmware 3.1.2
    jailbroken with blackra1n
    unlocked
    windows 7
    no access to a mac.
    have tried all your solutions and no joy.
    Last edited by rossy00; 2010-05-25 at 07:35 PM.

You can attempt to follow msft.guy's instructions on recovering DATA, but it wont fix the phone. If you are experiencing a SHUT OFF during boot, then the patcher will fix your problem. Again, I recommend the Mac version for now until I get a chance to fix the Windows version.

If you are stuck in a boot loop you will need to follow the procedure for ramdisk recovery, and hang in there for a while until I can put something together for you to get out of this mode. Originally this thread was meant to fix the shut off problem and deal with the RockApp update. So the stuff beyond that is more work involved.

Try that out and let me know how it goes.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 08:11 PM.
    Before printing, please consider the environment.

No trees were harmed in the generation of this post. A significant number of electrons were, however, severely inconvenienced.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

czxxx (2010-05-25), rossy00 (2010-05-25)

Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    You can attempt to follow msft.guy's instructions on recovering DATA, but it wont fix the phone. If you are experiencing a SHUT OFF during boot, then the patcher will fix your problem. Again, I recommend the Mac version for now until I get a chance to fix the Windows version.

If you are stuck in a boot loop you will need to follow the procedure for ramdisk recovery, and hang in there for a while until I can put something together for you to get out of this mode. Originally this thread was meant to fix the shut off problem and deal with the RockApp update. So the stuff beyond that is more work involved.

iBeej,

Shut off during reboot was my original problem. After trying both patches for MAC & PC, I am now in a reboot loop. I hope this gives you some insight into what could cause the reboot loop.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you so much for the reply.
    im not 100% sure but i really think the cydia update caused this.
    i've read this thread from start to finish and tried everything but to no avail.
    keep up the good, i shall be glued to this thread hoping for a break through.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by rossy00; 2010-05-25 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post

I don't really have data at issue. It is more of the elaborate configuration of jb apps that I wish to preserve. Unfortunately, even though I have only experienced the shut off problem as you describe it, your fix isn't changing the situation (post from earlier today has more detail). I'm holding out for more possibilities but, if we reach a dead end, I'll look at doing a restore.

Thanks.......
    . . . . . . Zeke

Quote Originally Posted by Zekerblue View Post
    I don't really have data at issue. It is more of the elaborate configuration of jb apps that I wish to preserve.
    If you know where all the config files are located, you can back those up with the ramdisk method (it gives you access to all data via SSH).

Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    If you know where all the config files are located, you can back those up with the ramdisk method (it gives you access to all data via SSH).
    I don't know where all the config files are. Is there a tutorial or any documentation about this I could reference? And can I SSH or otherwise access the phone files when it is in recovery mode?

Thxs
    . . . . . . Zeke

I don't know where all the config files are. Is there a tutorial or any documentation about this I could reference? And can I SSH or otherwise access the phone files when it is in recovery mode?

Thxs
    Not sure where to find documentation. Depending on what you want, you may have to look up where every app saves its settings separately.

If you follow the ramdisk instructions a few pages back, you will find out how to use access your files starting from recovery mode. The steps have no possibility of harming your phone (anything done in the steps does not remain after a reboot), but, if you have trouble understanding the instructions, you can wait for iBeej to release his recovery tool which I believe will allow you to easily access your phone's files, without going through all the steps in command prompt.

Thanks spooky, I'm on another track for the moment.

BEEJ.... I found a second version of the ipsw file for 3.12. This one is called iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw where the one I had been trying was called iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw. (This second file is from http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....1_Restore.ipsw)

On windows and with this new ipsw file, your program ran to completion on its own. I was able to have verbose checked and now I can see the shut off is at fsck failed as is the case with some others here. I will see if I can run with this new ipsw on a Mac tonight. I don't know if it will make a difference, but worth a shot.
    . . . . . . Zeke

I was able to have verbose checked and now I can see the shut off is at fsck failed as is the case with some others here. I will see if I can run with this new ipsw on a Mac tonight. I don't know if it will make a difference, but worth a shot.
    fsck failing is a result (not positive, but very sure) of a problem with the windows fix so you still have hope. If you run the mac fix, you should either end up in the reboot loop or have a working phone (or maybe that long wait before a reboot that killsub fixes, I'm not sure).

Default plz help
    ipodtouch 2g
    spirit (had problem since 3.0)
    pc only

notes- will boot if pluged into a wall outlet. not computer. not battery.

does anyone know if the ramdisk solution will work on a phone with FW 3.0.1?

Quote Originally Posted by steinomite View Post
    does anyone know if the ramdisk solution will work on a phone with FW 3.0.1?
    It will work on anything, as long as you get the associated firmware files (for 3.0.1 the 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 files may work, but, to be sure, you should use the 3.0.1 jailbroken kernelcache and other file and keys).

Try the Restore Ramdisk keys from here:

3.0.1: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index....28iPhone_3G%29

3.1.3: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index....28iPhone_3G%29
    Last edited by spooky655; 2010-05-26 at 04:33 AM.

thanks spooky655. how do i create the custom ipsw for 3.0.1? i'm assuming sn0wbreeze is for 3.1.2.

you aren't available for chat are you?

i tried using both versions of b33jsn0w and for both i get the same message: unable to recognize specified IPSW. i'm 100% sure i'm on 3.1 and when i downloaded the IPSW i made sure i got the 3.1 for the 3gs. i even re-downloaded it. i'm re-reading through the thread to see if i can find anyone that had a similar problem and found a solution. other than that, anybody have any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong and/or missing?

1.) iPhone OS firmware version = iPhone 3GS, FW: 3.1, BB:05.11.07
    2.) Unlocked or not = Unlocked
    3.) Which jailbreak did you use = blackra1n
    4.) Do you use windows or mac. = Windows XP
    5.) Do you at LEAST have access to a mac. = No

redsn0w doesn't recognize anything but 3.0 and 3.1.2. I guess the parts that redsn0w cares about are the same, so you should be able to use 3.0 if you are running 3.0.1 or 3.1.

Success ! ! !

My phone is back with everything intact.

Maybe the detail below can help BEEJ know more about what is needed and point others still struggling in the right direction.

I was originally using iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw and it didn't matter if I ran BEEJ's program on Windows or Mac. It would get stuck on the third and forth reboot wait. Manually rebooting let me upload ramdisk and kernel, but I still had the shut off after 7seconds.

I found a different firmware file: iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw. Ran it on Windows and it completed on its own but still had the shut down. Since I could enable verbose, I determined that the shut off is the fsck failed problem. I ran on a Mac with the later ipsw file and it worked! My phone is back!

Maybe since I donated before I was fixed that I got good Karma . I recommend that everyone still having problems donate to BEEJ and you may also receive instant Karma .

There is no question that BEEJ has burned off any bad Karma that he may have accumulated and earned lots in the plus column.

BEEJ.... Thank you !

May your company rise like a Phoenix and, failing that, may you find new work that surpasses what you had.

. . . . . . Zeke

Quote Originally Posted by KublaKahn View Post
    redsn0w doesn't recognize anything but 3.0 and 3.1.2. I guess the parts that redsn0w cares about are the same, so you should be able to use 3.0 if you are running 3.0.1 or 3.1.
    thanks, i'll give it a try. but should i use 3.1.2 because it uses the same baseband (05.11.07) as 3.1?

Is there any hope for us left with the infinite reboot after 5 seconds issue? I have tried the ssh data retrieval method but I cannot get iRecovery to recognize my phone (windows 7 64 bit.)

Quote Originally Posted by Knifey View Post
    Is there any hope for us left with the infinite reboot after 5 seconds issue? I have tried the ssh data retrieval method but I cannot get iRecovery to recognize my phone (windows 7 64 bit.)
    Did you install libusb and put your phone into recovery mode?

Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast