Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

I managed to get past the fsck error and now it's on a never ending reboot loop.

Thanks

ok, I am not sure if this would help me, but I have almost lost my mind trying to find a solution, reason anything to explain why my iphone 3gs is acting horrible! I have a iphone 3GS 3.1.3 new boot, JB spirit, official carrier. Everything was fine, until the springboard would go into safe mode CONSTANTLY. I have tries everything, no fix!!!! These are the current apps that I think might be conflicting.

Activator
    Cydget (several_
    Cydialer
    Weda
    Kirakle
    Firewall IP
    Infinidock
    Lockdown
    Mobile Substrate
    iReal SMS
    LockInfo
    LockInfo Cydget
    and the basic JB/Cydia files.

OK before you say that this is not the right forum, please hear me out.

My phone would start out with a "normal" respring from a safe mode. Now it is displaying some of the characteristics that you have mentioned.

It would restart after a respring into a boot-loop. Funny thing is that it is not always a Apple Logo boot-loop. Sometimes a SB Boot-loop and (this is a new one for me) a "Who Is or maybe WhoIsWho dang cant remember) screen, where it wills power cycle off and return to the Who Is (close App) screen I have restored around 20 times in the past week.

Then there are a lot of times that it will power on just shut down at the logo. Any help advise would be so appreciated. I am so freaking frustrated.

Thank you in Advance
    Last edited by black_orchid; 2010-05-22 at 07:23 AM. Reason: forgot to say that My sleep button now takes random screenshots, and my SB doesnt load apps all the time
    LIVE FOR TODAY,
    BECAUSE TOMORROW
    IS NEVER PROMISED"

I think I will wait for your solution iBEEJ, since as said before settings and apps are something I can't lose.

Keep up the good work

Hi,

might be a silly question, but as a mac guy idon't know, what to enter in WinSCP as a name for the remote computer.

Everything worked fine til mounting of the drives...nearly without any problem...

Need help

Arne

hey iBEEJ,
    are u still working on the fixes for the iphone's that don't work with your previous versions?

I would rather wait for your fix than do the ssh ramdisk method, because I'm bound to forget something.

If so, I don't mean to sound rude or pushy or anything, but do you have any news on it?

when I get the vm running with macosx and try out the mac version i will post as much info as I can if it doesn't work. But at the moment I'm having trouble installing MacOSX, if it's not one things it's another..

thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmariaz View Post
    ..And also restore original or custom made fw in iTunes throws Error 9..
    Have you tried DFU mode restore to original?

Default fiXEd....
    finally finally finally

iBeej u re a true legend dude....
    I have been following this thread from day 1....

I wud check it every day
    from office..
    wen i wake up...
    wen i go to bed..
    every time from my small nokia phone..

i dint have any access to mac so i waited desperately for the windows fix..

from the posts i have actually got some idea abt the problems..

i am sure most of the people are the victims of the rock update...
    thr phone is having the shutdown issues after 7 secs...

i dnt have an idea abt u ppls level of desperation but i was actually so bugged with this problem that i was left with absolutely no option but to either get a mac from somewhere and give the mac version a go as the windows fix dint work for me...
    nor did the 1st update nor did the other update.

and i am pretty sure iBeej will come up with a working app for windows users...

and for those who are like me the mac deprived ones..
    i dnt know why u guys are not trying the VMware version ..
    I mean just 1.9 gigs of VMware project file of mac 10.5.5 OS X leopard...

and VMware 500 mb ..

u wont believe i just got transferred to a new city and had no broadband ..
    still i downloaded it from my dial up usb modem ...

thats how much desperate i was..

and if i can do it on my mediocre lappy...

1gb
    1.6 c2d..
    256mb nvidia 7400

and 80 gb hdd..

i dnt think u d find any more obselete laptops these days
    any one can do it.

yes it was slow...

very slow infact ..
    but the redsnow package worked like a charm ..

awesome work beej...
    this mac one is a piece of gem actually..

beej is a true legend and i am sure he would find a windows fix very very soon ..

thanx man u re the best

Can anyone tell from my itunes restore log why it keeps rebooting my iphone as soon as progress bar appears and giving me error 9?

See attached log

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by black_orchid View Post
    ok, I am not sure if this would help me, but I have almost lost my mind trying to find a solution, reason anything to explain why my iphone 3gs is acting horrible! I have a iphone 3GS 3.1.3 new boot, JB spirit, official carrier. Everything was fine, until the springboard would go into safe mode CONSTANTLY. I have tries everything, no fix!!!! These are the current apps that I think might be conflicting.

Activator
    Cydget (several_
    Cydialer
    Weda
    Kirakle
    Firewall IP
    Infinidock
    Lockdown
    Mobile Substrate
    iReal SMS
    LockInfo
    LockInfo Cydget
    and the basic JB/Cydia files.

OK before you say that this is not the right forum, please hear me out.

My phone would start out with a "normal" respring from a safe mode. Now it is displaying some of the characteristics that you have mentioned.

It would restart after a respring into a boot-loop. Funny thing is that it is not always a Apple Logo boot-loop. Sometimes a SB Boot-loop and (this is a new one for me) a "Who Is or maybe WhoIsWho dang cant remember) screen, where it wills power cycle off and return to the Who Is (close App) screen I have restored around 20 times in the past week.

Then there are a lot of times that it will power on just shut down at the logo. Any help advise would be so appreciated. I am so freaking frustrated.

Thank you in Advance
    Restore and then add only 2 or 3 apps a day until you find the culprit. After the OS restore, don't restore from backup. Set up as new phone.

Hey guys!

I've been busy the last few days, so I'm just getting around to trying the ramdisk method. Just thought I'd check again... does this work for anything besides 3.1.2?? I'm on 3.1, so I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KublaKahn View Post
    Hey guys!

I've been busy the last few days, so I'm just getting around to trying the ramdisk method. Just thought I'd check again... does this work for anything besides 3.1.2?? I'm on 3.1, so I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure it works on anything. However, the newest sn0wbreeze (if your using windows) only supports 3.1.3, and an older one supports 3.1.2, so, unless you have a mac, you might only be able to get a hold of one of those firmware's files that are needed for the ramdisk method.

So, if you only have Windows, you need to first know if you can use a 3.1.3 kernelcache with 3.1. I think you can, but I'm not sure.

It doesn't hurt to try though. The ramdisk method only modifies what is in the RAM, so no damage can be done to your phone if the process doesn't work.
    Last edited by spooky655; 2010-05-22 at 08:52 PM.

I am with the msft.guy method.

Somebody knows why after connecting via SSH I receive no answer from the server? (Not even a connection refused) Just waiting very long for the login screen.

Hi Guys!
    I have registered to this forum only to say this:
    After 3 days of going through ALL 43 pages of this Thread, reading all posts and trying the find the best solution for my broken Iphone (7 secs shutdown)i decided not to risk anything and installed Leopard OS X through WMware on my Win XP notebook. the fix worked like a charm on the MAC system and here i am happy and reunited with my Iphone .
    Thanks a lot iBeej for your support; you realy saved some lives .
    Some info for you (and everybody involved): i know for a fact that my issue was caused by some Cydia updates. Last time i updated Cydia it returned a nasty error and at my first restart of the phone all hell broke loose. the second thing i wanted to share is that i am 99% sure that my 3GS is one of the older models that do not require thetered jailbreak but when i ran your fix, due to the BIG warnings i decided to chose yes as the answer of the question about the new version Iphone.
    So, that's about all, thanks iBeej again and sorry for my bad english skills (Eastern Europe english ).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Luccs For This Useful Post:

faithless-1 (2010-05-22)

Hey guys... still no good news to repor from my end.

Started trying to go through msft.guy's wave, but couldn't get irecovery to recognize my phone. Tried installing/uninstalling libusb multiple times with nothing different. And the wave is now closed, so can't get help there.

iBeej, any hope for those of us still left?? Seems like everyone has either got your fixed to work or those with the continuous reboot followed msft.guy's approach with some success.

Quote Originally Posted by msft.guy View Post
    Have you tried DFU mode restore to original?
    I tried both custom and original FW build... but still loop back to recovery mode... with iTunes+USB screen if my phone is plugged and back to Apple logo if it is unplugged... why is that?

mac versions still a no go..still stuck in reboot loop after 7 or so secs, didn't have time to get any info, ill try record data from verbose mode on windows versions tomorrow..ill keep trying to get the MacOSX VM working as well..

any updates iBeej? have u given up? let us know if you have, and ill just give the ramdisk ssh method a try, otherwise ill wait a little longer, might as well..
    thanks

Download ih8sn0w and run it. At the bottom of the fist screen you'll see a "fix recovery mode loop" button. Click this, then choose your iPhone/itouch. Give it a minute or so and then whn it reboots, jailbreak with normal redsn0w (.94 is what I used)

just tried recover using the ramdisk, still reboots(about 7sec i think) :/
    tried windows+mac os
    irecovery -f 018-6136-014.dmg.ssh
    irecovery -c ramdisk -->>> reboot loop
    ---
    irecovery -f iBEC.n45ap.RELEASE.dfu
    irecovery -c go
    reconnect, -s shows iBec is running
    :/
    ps: oh even did 'ramdisk 0x90000000' but still reboots x(
    pps: tried ih8sn0w/iReb, no luck x/

-flix
    Last edited by flix0r; 2010-05-23 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flix0r View Post
    just tried recover using the ramdisk, still reboots(about 7sec i think) :/
    tried windows+mac os
    ---
    irecovery -f iBEC.n45ap.RELEASE.dfu
    irecovery -c go
    reconnect, -s shows iBec is running
    :/
    ps: oh even did 'ramdisk 0x90000000' but still reboots x(
    pps: tried ih8sn0w/iReb, no luck x/

-flix
    Don't worry about iBEC.

Try this:
    irecovery -c "ramdisk 0x90000000" (keep quotes)
    irecovery -f [kernelcache from jailbroken ipsw]
    irecovery -c bootx

Make sure you have newest iRecovery. Also, make sure "018-6136-014.dmg.ssh" is the right file to restore the ramdisk (not sure if ramdisk builder would build anyway if it wasn't).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by spooky655; 2010-05-23 at 10:39 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having a helluva time trying to get my data off this thing with msft.guy's method. I've managed to get the phone to the apple logo with an empty progress bar, but I can't make a connection. I've tried OS X and Windows XP. I seem to get further with Windows XP..

new connection !
    AMDeviceNotificationSubscribe = 0
    iPhone attached !
    AMDeviceConnect = -402653144
    AMDeviceIsPaired = 1
    AMDeviceValidatePairing = -402653173
    AMDeviceStartSession = -402653173
    AMDeviceStartService = -402653173
    AFCConnectionOpen = 0

Where am I going wrong?

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast