Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 983

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

  1. #601
    Quote Originally Posted by KublaKahn View Post
    msft.guy,

    Does your method work for a phone that is rebooting every ~7 seconds?? Does it work on 3.1 or only 3.1.2?

    All I want is my pictures.

    Thanks
    Yes it sure does because I did it last night. I had tons of awesome help from msft.guy mostly because I cant read directions, but he was awesome to help me! I got my pictures, cycorder videos, sms, and notes! Now my only problem is I have no idea what to do now!

  2. #602
    I finally managed to get all my pictures out of my iPhone with hours of help from msft.guy. Now after I tried to recover using the custom.3.1.3.ipsw and the phone back alive.

    Then I to restore from previous backup and my computer restarted and it goes back to iTunes+USB picture over and over again.

    Now I tried to use different firmware even original ones but now it stuck to Error 9.

  3. #603
    hey msft.guy,

    i have a 3G on 3.0, will I be able to use the ramdisk ssh method?

    I need to recover pretty much everything, contacts, sms, email, notes, apps, songs(just a few), can't even remember what is even on my iphone anymore. Also have info in the sbsettings notes toggle (fast notes i think its called? or quick notes)

    and also will the apps still have settings/info/saved games etc. still in them? or do they save things like that to another directory eg. if I saved articles in a news app or something..

    would of been happy if ibeej's fixes worked. im going to try them again on a mac osx vm in the morning (if i get it working), but i don't think I can wait much longer for him to fix the rest of us.

    after this is all sorted, im gonna be backing up.. every..single..frakin'..day

  4. #604
    Quote Originally Posted by ayeayre View Post
    hey msft.guy,

    i have a 3G on 3.0, will I be able to use the ramdisk ssh method?

    I need to recover pretty much everything, contacts, sms, email, notes, apps, songs(just a few), can't even remember what is even on my iphone anymore. Also have info in the sbsettings notes toggle (fast notes i think its called? or quick notes)

    and also will the apps still have settings/info/saved games etc. still in them? or do they save things like that to another directory eg. if I saved articles in a news app or something..

    would of been happy if ibeej's fixes worked. im going to try them again on a mac osx vm in the morning (if i get it working), but i don't think I can wait much longer for him to fix the rest of us.

    after this is all sorted, im gonna be backing up.. every..single..frakin'..day
    You can try ssh ramdisk and file things... Can you send the phone details? Maybe I can help you with coz msft.guy helped my way out of dead phone and I recovered all my data.

    1. You need to extract the ramdisk out of original firmware using pwnagetool i.e., you have to jailbreak your firmware and do the things to fix it.

    2. Follow the instruction using this following link... https://wave.google.com/wave/#restor...om!w+hssrvqxAH

    Check that and if you have any doubts then get back..

  5. #605
    @msft.guy

    Thank you for all your help! I am so close to recovering my data.

    I tried the commands you gave me and I am now at the apple progress bar!

    I updated iTunes (that was why a dll was not found), and ran the tunneling program. It says my device is connected, but is stuck at "Info: Waiting for new TCP connection on port 22". Is it not connecting because my port is not forwarded? Forwarding the port on my router doesn't seem to make sense if I'm connecting through USB, so I'm assuming I must forward the port within Windows. How do I accomplish this (if the lack of a forwarded port is my issue)?

    EDIT: I just realized that program just allows me to use WinSCP. I have just tried this and it is working! I can't thank you enough for your help! I can finally recover my data! I don't know what we would do without people like you and iBeej, spending your own time and effort to help others

    EDIT2: Wow, I'm wrong again... I was reading the google wave instructions and missed the whole mounting process. My USB Winscp did detect my iPod, but not much in it... I will try the other way and report back.
    Last edited by spooky655; 2010-05-21 at 08:06 PM.

  6. #606
    Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    @msft.guy

    Thank you for all your help! I am so close to recovering my data.

    I tried the commands you gave me and I am now at the apple progress bar!

    I updated iTunes (that was why a dll was not found), and ran the tunneling program. It says my device is connected, but is stuck at "Info: Waiting for new TCP connection on port 22". Is it not connecting because my port is not forwarded? Forwarding the port on my router doesn't seem to make sense if I'm connecting through USB, so I'm assuming I must forward the port within Windows. How do I accomplish this (if the lack of a forwarded port is my issue)?
    if you look on the google wave, msft.guy walked me through all that last night. you need something like putty on windows in order to run the mount commands. the itunnel does the forwarding for you i believe. then you need winscp which is just an ftp client and connect to the phone.

    when you run putty you want
    address: localhost port 22
    username: root
    password: alpine

    then look in the wave at the top for the mounting of the user sections. then run the winscp and use the same login info to log in and be able to ftp transfer stuff to your computer hard drive.

  7. #607
    Quote Originally Posted by latchton View Post
    if you look on the google wave, msft.guy walked me through all that last night. you need something like putty on windows in order to run the mount commands. the itunnel does the forwarding for you i believe. then you need winscp which is just an ftp client and connect to the phone.

    when you run putty you want
    address: localhost port 22
    username: root
    password: alpine

    then look in the wave at the top for the mounting of the user sections. then run the winscp and use the same login info to log in and be able to ftp transfer stuff to your computer hard drive.
    Thanks. I got putty, but when I enter "mount_hfs -o ro /dev/disk0s2s1 /mnt2" it returns "mount_hfs: No such file or directory". So either I'm using the wrong putty, which doesn't have a "mount_hfs", or, if "mount_hfs" is supposed to be run from my iPod, it can't find it.

    Got any idea? If you think it's the wrong putty, could you give me a link to the one you used?


    This might help:http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2...ttyattempt.jpg
    Last edited by spooky655; 2010-05-21 at 08:32 PM.

  8. #608
    fsck_hfs /dev/disk0s2
    mount_hfs /dev/disk0s2 /mnt2

    then run WinScp and copy whatever you like there

    Is what he had me run on my iphone 3g last night.

  9. #609
    Quote Originally Posted by latchton View Post
    fsck_hfs /dev/disk0s2
    mount_hfs /dev/disk0s2 /mnt2

    then run WinScp and copy whatever you like there

    Is what he had me run on my iphone 3g last night.
    Thank you! This time I used the 3.1.2 files (I used 3.1.3 before), and followed your instructions. I am copying my data right now!

  10. #610
    My iPhone was backed up via iTunes a week or two ago. Now my question is, what exactly is backed up? If it is everything, does that include text messages, photos/videos, app data up to the point when my iPhone was backed up? Or is it just things like contact info, notes, calender dates, etc.?

  11. #611
    Hello, this is my first post ever and I've been reading through this forum with great interest. You guys are great! I am completely new at this and was following iBeej's fix alright and am totally lost at msft.guy's ideas (sorry!). I am wondering if his original fix would work for my phone as well, I haven't seen anything here about the 2G.

    I have a 2G that is unlocked and jailbroken running on 3.1.2 and a mac. I just don't know if the /sbin packets to be patched in are specific for the 3G only or if it can be applied to mine as well. Everyone's break seemed to happen this month but mine happened earlier than that after trying to update everything in cydia and then eventually rebooting. It's not constantly rebooting. It just won't get past the apple logo before turning off again. I've been able to put it in both recovery mode and dfu mode.

    I've got my fingers crossed that this fix could apply to me. If anyone has insight I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

  12. #612
    I will post some step by step instructions for the ramdisk procedure and include a restore procedure after you have retrieved your data. For those with the shut off problem I like my patcher but if you have bigger problems it's probably a good idea to retrieve the data through the ramdisk and do a restore rather than attempting a drawn out fix. This will just make future problems a non issue.

    Kitty, it sounds like you have the "Rock" symptom. If you don't have the RockApp then this just another confirmation for Saurik that he indeed caused a problem as well. However he may have fixed it by now.

    My patcher should work for you. The binaries are the same for Touch. You can try the the windows patcher but more people had success with the mac. (I know why). Let me know if you need assistance.


    BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

    czxxx (2010-05-22)

  14. #613
    Hey Ibeej, are you still working on a windows program to fix the fsck failure. I tried all your programs out and still no luck.
    thank you

  15. #614
    Yes. Sorry for the delay. The job situation knocked me out yesterday and I was crashed for most of the day today. I have some great tools with my custom built windows recovery tool and I would like to get this posted as soon as possible. If you can give msft's instructions a try, you can do that to recover data. But if you want the phone recovered without a restore and setting up all your apps and settings, hang in there.

    I am working on it still. Thank you for your patience!!!


    BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 08:13 PM.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

    czxxx (2010-05-22)

  17. #615
    Thanks iBeej. I should clarify it's the iPhone 2G I'm wondering about, not the Touch, if that makes a difference. I did have the RockApp installed but never used it and actually had it hidden from the beginning because I didn't feel the need for it. I only ever dealt with Cydia, so I think you're right in your contention.

    I'm downloading the IPSW right now and excited to give this a try :-)

  18. #616
    I'll hang in there can't afford to restore. I have confidence and trust in you ibeej.
    Thanks
    Last edited by f1ferrari; 2010-05-22 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #617
    I think I had somebody contact me with success on the 2G. Again, the files that the patcher fixes are very standard binaries which rarely change. If this poses a problem I can update the mac patcher with a 2G version from extracted binaries from your 2G IPSW. So let me know how the process goes.

    F1ferrari, the ramdisk wave solution by msft.guy will at the very least allow you to recover data. But if this still doesn't work for your situation, you can hang in there until I post some new tools.


    BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #618
    Ok iBeej I will try the solution from msft.guy and see how it goes from there.

  21. #619
    Okay iBeej, I've downloaded everything including the bootloader 3.9 and 4.6 files. I just want to make sure I'm doing this the right way. In your instructions on the sticky it says to put it in recovery mode and run b33jsn0w. But halfway through the process it says to make sure that everything is turned off and they want you to put it in DFU mode. Should I follow their instructions and put it in DFU or just leave it on in recovery mode and go on despite what it says? Thanks again for your help.

  22. #620
    Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    I think I had somebody contact me with success on the 2G. Again, the files that the patcher fixes are very standard binaries which rarely change. If this poses a problem I can update the mac patcher with a 2G version from extracted binaries from your 2G IPSW. So let me know how the process goes.

    F1ferrari, the ramdisk wave solution by msft.guy will at the very least allow you to recover data. But if this still doesn't work for your situation, you can hang in there until I post some new tools.
    Hi there...
    I managed to get my data out of my phone but I am stuck reboot to recovery mode again n again. I tried restore to custom fw and the phone worked and after I sync my last updates, phone restarted and now I am back to the loop restart. If my phone plugged in it goes to recovery mode otherwise Apple and restart. Any idea what is goin on? And also restore original or custom made fw in iTunes throws Error 9, which supposed to be loose contact USB. But I don't think that is the problem coz it is happening in every computer I have. any help Beej?

Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •