Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KublaKahn View Post
    And to think... the only reason I jailbroke my phone in the first place was so I could run pandora in the background.
    That's ... ironic?

If you guys want one to one help, join the discussion wave here: https://wave.google.com/wave/waveref...om/w+hssrvqxAQ

Let's try to figure things out )

msft.guy,

I tried your RecoveryRamBuilder but everytime I select the Ramdisk the application crashes. I have tried this on Windows 7 x64 and Windows XP SP3 x86.

heres what i'm using:
    3GS 3.1.2
    .Net 3.5 & 4 installed

Sn0wbreeze pwned and extracted:
    kernelcache.release.s5l8920x
    018-6051-014.dmg

IV: fd19726dc6b555b6bb4dbbcd91d1e7c0
    Key: fb2792b935fb9cd183341cb24539376556f8b7b8f887eb90fc ebaa0daf2d6d9c

RecoveryRamBuilder Crash:
    AppName: ramdiskbuilder.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 AppStamp:4bf2e258
    ModName: dmglib.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 ModStamp:4bf2e203
    fDebug: 0 Offset: 0000beea

Quote Originally Posted by msft.guy View Post
    newer iBoot doesn't react on getenv or printenv, try setenv without arguments and it should complain; that's how you know it's alive -)

You can prepare the recovery disk manually, it's not automated, but not too hard on a Mac. You need to download a binary of xpwntool for mac attached to the last blip of the wave, containing manual instructions.
    Hi again tried setenv without any param and it shoots an error. So my system is alive.

Btw xpwntool I downloaded from your wave but not sure how to use it Do I just download that xpwntool file from your wave and build it? If so how to do that?

@AgentSmith

You have to use the 018-6051-014.dmg from the original apple IPSW and the kernelcache from your sn0wbreeze IPSW

5. The Following User Says Thank You to angryjeep For This Useful Post:

Agent Smith (2010-05-21)

Quote Originally Posted by angryjeep View Post
    @AgentSmith

You have to use the 018-6051-014.dmg from the original apple IPSW and the kernelcache from your sn0wbreeze IPSW
    That did it, thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    Sn0wbreeze pwned and extracted:
    kernelcache.release.s5l8920x
    018-6051-014.dmg
    RecoveryRamBuilder Crash:
    Sux.. Try with an non-pwned ramdisk from original ipsw, it doesn't matter (only kernelcache matters).

Also the keys for 312 3GS are already in the app since that's what I used -)

I got it! I f*in finally got it! Copied all my pics and contact file to my pc moments ago. What a relief! Thanks soooo much to Beej who educated me enough to be really dangerous to an iPhone and without that knowledge I could not have followed msft.guy's instructions Thank you both so much!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0290.jpg   -img_0473.jpg   -img_0321.jpg  

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angryjeep View Post
    I got it! I f*in finally got it! Copied all my pics and contact file to my pc moments ago. What a relief! Thanks soooo much to Beej who educated me enough to be really dangerous to an iPhone and without that knowledge I could not have followed msft.guy's instructions Thank you both so much!!!!!!!
    baaawww! what people won't do for kids -) Congrats!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to msft.guy For This Useful Post:

angryjeep (2010-05-21)

Okay, so I have been following the posts here, my question is: What can I extract using msft.guy's method, is it possible to extract messages, contacts, apps and what more can I extract?

My top priorities are msg, contacts, pictures, and apps (Those things I really do need)

Quote Originally Posted by faithless-1 View Post
    Okay, so I have been following the posts here, my question is: What can I extract using msft.guy's method, is it possible to extract messages, contacts, apps and what more can I extract?

My top priorities are msg, contacts, pictures, and apps (Those things I really do need)
    I'm in the process of backing up aswell and you can extract virtually anything once you have access and know the location of what you want.

The loctions I have found are:

PHOTOS - /mnt2/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE

RECORDINGS - /mnt2/mobile/Media/Recordings

SMS - /mnt2/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db

Calendar - /mnt2/mobile/Library/Calendar/Calendar.sqlitedb

Notes - /mnt2/mobile/Library/Notes/notes.db

Call History - /mnt2/mobile/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db

Address Book - /mnt2/mobile/Library/AddressBook/AddressBook.sqlitedb and /mnt2/mobile/Library/AddressBook/AddressBookImages.sqlitedb

Apps - /mnt2/mobile/Applications *your better off downloading them through iTunes*

Cydia Apps - /mnt2/stash/Applications.******
    Last edited by Agent Smith; 2010-05-21 at 08:58 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent Smith For This Useful Post:

latchton (2010-05-21)

Ha! What have I been telling you guys from day 1? Your issues are far more complicated than a simple patch will fix on it's own from the RockApp update fiasco. My goal was to resolve the first problem with a program and basic instructions. But to wrap up the reboot issues requires techniques not so user friendly because there aren't any "up to date" software solutions to do that. I hope you can see and appreciate the level of detail involved here.

I am very grateful to see msft.guy run with this part of the process, as he has working tools and instructions immediately available. This has kept this thread and the problems beyond the rock issue consistent and fresh and will be invaluable going forward.

This has allowed me to continue development on recovery tools which are more user friendly. For example, I have a button which does the ramdisk upload and boot with 'fsck' and mounting automatically. I'm working on a ListView control similar to what you would see in WinSCP or an FTP program to "browse" the phone filesystem. Another item on the agenda is taking out the confusion for many users who don't know where things are, and will have a pictures tab with save/export. It's a lot of work but it's something I want to do for the community because it's needed.

I'm not going anywhere. Still working on things and handling instant messages/emails etc. Follow msft's lead as he's a guiding light for you as well. Especially on this issue.

Angryjeep, all of you, i'm really happy to see progress and recovery. The thread has been winding down, which is s good sign. But rather than disappear, spread the word and help out others. It will make jailbreaking far less painful and "scary" in the future.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 08:15 PM.

w00t! I just got my pictures and videos and all that jazz! You guys rock! Thanks so much for guiding us all!

My only remaining question is, now that I have my pictures, what do I do now to get my phone back up, and possibly jailbroken again?

I'm assuming I let itunes do its thing and then just run either blackra1n again or spirit depending on if it upgrades me to 3.1.3?

No it's not that easy. You can UPGRADE to the latest firmware (3.1.3) but you can't simply plugin to iTunes and restore to 3.1.2 without doing some work. This has been explained all over the place, but briefly for those of you unfamiliar:

Apple signs your restore and never sign for versions below the current version. When you hit restore in iTunes holding down (shift in windows) you can select the IPSW but Apple won't sign it.

To get around the issue, you need your ECID SHSH and you can use tools to extract that from recovery. It's unique for each version so ALWAYS save your SHSH LOCALLY each time you upgrade. You can store this in Cydia of course, but I recommend having your own local copy.

Once you have this, you need to change your hosts file on windows at c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts. Or /etc/hosts on nix/mac and add "127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com" without the quotes. 127.0.0.1 is always the local loopback (your pc) and we are telling your computer in the hosts file to resolve the apple signature server to YOU.

We do this because we want to setup our own signature server on the local computer to "sign" our own firmware restore. You can use Tiny for this. I like doing it this way because you have your own SHSH and don't need to depend on Sauriks servers. (Saurik which btw if you're reading this, stabilize it for thr love of god man).

Once you have all this setup, then you can install/downgrade. Obviously these steps aren't required if restoring to the current firmware. Just restore and proceed to jailbreak as usual.

If you guys would like detailed instructions on this, I can throw something together. Just let me know. It's giving me more ideas for my program too.

I hope this helps. Keep us posted.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 08:14 PM.

I have a 3G with 3.1.2, which if my googling while falling asleep is correct means that I could just restore/upgrade, and then jailbreak again?

I have a 3.1.2 Blackrain jailbroken phone with the fsck issue that is still not resolved.

I don't have access to a mac, this is on 64 bit Windows 7. I can use your latest tool to make it verbose, and I can see where the phone turns off, after FSCK fail. I have the "FIX" box checked of course.

One interesting thing, I do NOT get a question about bootrom, and there is NO option to install cydia like in your original instructions in post 1.

So, to clarify. Your modified redsnow sees my phone, applies update, no change. The modified redsnow does not ask about bootrom and does not have an install cydia option.

Can someone help me with restoring my iPhone. I have tried most of the fixes on here and I still have an 8 second reboot loop, so I just want to restore it instead.

Iphone 3g
    3.1.2 Jail-broken with BlackRain
    Windows XP

In the below video I attempt to "Restore and Upgrade" via Itunes, this will use the 3.1.3 which itunes downloaded for this procedure earlyer I think.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iC2Yul7LR8]YouTube - 100521-113628.wmv[/ame]

Unfortunately the restore does not work and the phone keeps rebooting when the progress bar appears. Can anyone help me? Is this because it is Jailbroken?

Error code given by itunes is Error 9
    Last edited by spook050; 2010-05-21 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msft.guy View Post
    baaawww! what people won't do for kids -) Congrats!
    I was wondering if Im on 3.0 or 3.0.1 will the ramdisk backup procedure work or it is required to be on 3.1.2?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    No it's not that easy. You can UPGRADE to the latest firmware (3.1.3) but you can't simply plugin to iTunes and restore to 3.1.2 without doing some work. This has been explained all over the place, but briefly for those of you unfamiliar:

If you guys would like detailed instructions on this, I can throw something together. Just let me know. It's giving me more ideas for my program too.

I hope this helps. Keep us posted.

BEEJ
    I would love a step by step on this. Would I only do this after I have recovered all the information off my iphone I wish to keep?

Anyone have a link to a video on how to SHS that DOESN'T go really fast, and actually tells you what each step is!?!

msft.guy,

Does your method work for a phone that is rebooting every ~7 seconds?? Does it work on 3.1 or only 3.1.2?

All I want is my pictures.

Thanks

uhm some1 found IV/Key for ipod touch 1gen?

-flix

Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast