Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

Well, at my phone it looks like as seen on the pictures of tmariaz.

What has happen before:

Some Rock updates end of last week.
    Wifi reception went down to zero on saturday.
    Restart using SBSettings....boot, restrat, boot, restart
    Tried to get iRecovery to work without success.
    Tried "regular" redsnow switching verbose on -> fsck failed
    Used your all tools very often, hoping...

Quote Originally Posted by cotarelo View Post
    Hello again,

As requested here is the image of the boot.

Just to remember, last thing I did is disable 2 plugins in the mobile substrate. I never used Rock app. Just Cydia.

Some of the lines appear 2 or 3 times as boot process is quite fast and I guess the camera has not such sensitivity
    How did you get that information to show? I've tried running verbose boot but nothing different happens.

The new windows patch didn't change anything for me. Same as usual, phone loads to the apple logo then sits for 5-8 mins before flashing to the low battery icon.

I have no way of providing any information from my phone as verbose mode doesn't work, irecovery doesn't recognize my phone and both windows and mac patches do nothing.

I feel ******, properly.

INFORMATION ON MY IPHONE
    3gs 3.0 with old baseband
    Jailbroken & unlocked with Purplera1n (yes, never updated with any other jailbreaks since)
    access to MAC & PC
    I had been receiving 'sad face iphone' error prior to the crash. I updated through Rockapp (sbs settings I believe). Plugged my phone in and walked away, when I returned it was bricked.
    Last edited by KingCon; 2010-05-20 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Is this thing on?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    Well this is a good example that this problem is very different from the RockApp issue. See, your 'fsck' is working but this appears to be a baseband problem. How did this happen? What was the last thing you did to the phone before it did this? You said you reset network settings and that's it?

We'll work on getting you recovered. I would like to see logs like this by other people with the different reboot issue. I want to reach some common ground so I could formulate an attack plan.

Good post with good info! Keep me posted.
    The 'reset network' is a common fix for the wifi problems caused by the blacksn0w unlock. This also makes sense in that you're seeing problems with the baseband. blacksn0w can cause issues with the baseband that are only solved by reflashing it.

Here's a short blog post that describes the problem and solution: blacksn0w crashes 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 baseband 3GS, no shsh on file (Solution) extechblog

As a suggestion, I think you'd either need access to the phone long enough to do the flash, or you'd need to prevent the loading of the baseband altogether and then apply the fix post boot. I'm not a technical guy so I don't know if that makes sense or if it'd work though.

This is of course only related to the blacksn0w bug, not the rock update.

Unhappy Still not working
    Thank you iBeej for getting another version of your fix out there; unfortunately, it doesn't do anything more for me than the previous.

From what I can tell, my problem is the same as a lot of people (iPhone boots to Apple logo, stays there for 10ish seconds, then turns off). When I have run the posted Windows patches, it looks like the phone is being jailbroken again, everything looks great and completes successfully, but once it's done I'm back to the same 10 seconds of logo then shut down.

I'm starting to suspect that I'm not doing something correctly, because so far nothing has changed at all. Even checking the 'verbose boot' option in the jailbreak doesn't result in any visible change. I'm trying to set up a Mac VM to see if that helps, but in the meantime, is there something obvious that I'm missing?

I'm in the exact same scenario as Kyanos. I've tried taking video of the verbose boot with 3 different devices and the framereate just isn't high enough to keep up... It goes by really fast! I did try the mac versions as well with the same results.

Just ran the windows beta fix and I'm still getting the 7 second reboot problem. As others have stated, it starts displaying a bunch of information that goes by far too fast to read, flashes a white screen, and then reboots.

Also, as others have stated, if you need logs or whatever, if you could hook me up with a link on what you need and how to get it I'll get it done in a jiffy. Already setup a VM MAC on 2 machines, so I have access to a mac at home and work now.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Shameless plug: if you need this to recover data, try using an SSH ramdisk (Wave with up to date details)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to msft.guy For This Useful Post:

cotarelo (2010-05-20)

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    The 'reset network' is a common fix for the wifi problems caused by the blacksn0w unlock. This also makes sense in that you're seeing problems with the baseband. blacksn0w can cause issues with the baseband that are only solved by reflashing it.

Here's a short blog post that describes the problem and solution: blacksn0w crashes 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 baseband 3GS, no shsh on file (Solution) extechblog

As a suggestion, I think you'd either need access to the phone long enough to do the flash, or you'd need to prevent the loading of the baseband altogether and then apply the fix post boot. I'm not a technical guy so I don't know if that makes sense or if it'd work though.

BEEJ, I've read about the baseband-issue in the link above and it seem very likely that I have this problem.
    Though, I'm tethered w. new bootroom and no 3.1.2 on file and recovery-mode (not loop anymore?) so the solution probably doesn't work.

For me this seem to be a step closer and with your brilliant mind maybe u can fix it?

To clarify:

I'm stuck in recovery-mode. I also have a "kernelcache image invalid".
    Somehow I got it to work 2 days ago with your fix, ddc, but now I'm back to square one.

This time I've tried every possible way (to my knowledge) to "kick it through" but it all ends up with recovery-mode. (usb-iTunes)
    Every fix that's out there seem to install properly and everything but then there's just this single obstacle left of not being able to get past recovery-mode! Grr...

It was when I lost 3G connection this thing started again.

I'm blackr1n:d and unlocked w. blacksnow.

If anyone out there knows how to get into verbose-mode via macbook pro please enlighten me!

Thnx!
    /R

@rilloteddy: reminder (Edit: to all!!): if you ever get it in a working state, sync/backup immediately!!!
    Last edited by steinomite; 2010-05-20 at 06:12 PM.

Hi, BJ...

I, too, just ran the Windows beta SC-DDC fix and still get the same result that I've been having.

1) iPhone connected via DFU mode, (Recovery mode is not recognized by the redsn0w app.)
    2) I did set the redsn0w app to FIX MY PHONE! and turned on Verbose boot.
    3) After clicking Next to start the actual process, iPhone is recognized and the "downloading JB data..." shows for roughly 8 minutes. (No readout or info on screen though Verbose mode was checked.)
    4) iPhone screen then flashes white and the unit reboots to the Apple logo. No pineapple or status bars are displayed and no fsck message is displayed.
    5) The iPhone screen stays on the Apple logo (no spinning graphic) for about 3.5 minutes, then turns off...no reboot cycle. This was the same result that I have been getting for the last week.

SSHing into the phone does not work unfortunately.

My iPhone info...
    3.1.2 on a 16GB iPhone 3G
    jailbroken & still locked to at&t
    redsn0w
    MacBookPro 10.6.3, Windows 7 (BootCamp), ...& Windows XP SP3 on custom PC
    iPhone still not booting before it shuts off in about 3-4 mins. (no reboot cycle)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rilloteddy View Post
    I'm stuck in recovery-mode. I also have a "kernelcache image invalid".
    If anyone out there knows how to get into verbose-mode via macbook pro please enlighten me!
    1. For 'kernelcache invalid', try iRecovery -f kernelcache.release.s5l8920x ; iRecovery -c bootx
    2. For verbose boot, you can use Redsn0w to patch iBoot with verbose option.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to msft.guy For This Useful Post:

rilloteddy (2010-05-21)

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post

This baseband thing can be accomplished only if your phone is is booting condition right? Coz I can't get past thru Apple logo. Being that is my case, I don't think I can access any of the MobileTerminal Application stated from the link above.

Correct me if I am wrong. After several attempt to the b33jsn0w, now I don't see the pineapple at all. After Jailbreaking Ramdisk Icon and spinning wheel, the screen just reboots and goes back to Apple logo. I guess I screwed my iphone.

Is there any way out to get my data? I just need to get back the pictures from my trip. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by msft.guy View Post
    Shameless plug: if you need this to recover data, try using an SSH ramdisk (Wave with up to date details)
    Wow! This method seems straight to the point. I will try this, if I am able to save pictures, videos, installing every app again is not so important for me!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmariaz View Post
    Is there any way out to get my data? I just need to get back the pictures from my trip. Thanks
    Can you post your device details? 3g/s, jb type, new/old bootrom? SHSH for 312 on file?
    >>Here's a possible solution, but it might be complicated if you've a tethered JB..

msft.guy... I have 3G model, jailbroken with redsn0w that won't boot. It just starts with the Apple logo, then shutsdown after about 3 mins. Will your SSHramdisk method work with a 3G model in this condition? I cannot SSH into it at this time.

Thanks for any info...

Still getting fsck failed. 3GS 3.1.2 windows blackra1n week 38

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bassix View Post
    ..I have 3G model, jailbroken with redsn0w that won't boot...
    Yes, it should work just fine.

>>Here are the iv/key for the restore ramdisk to use with the ramdisk builder.
    You'll also need a patched 3G 3.1.2 kernelcache - if you don't have a Mac, you can download a premade 'custom' 3G 3.1.2 ipsw and extract the kernelcache file or use sn0wbreeze tool to create custom 3.1.2 fw.

Does anyone know how I can even restore my iphone(3.1.2)? .. I dont care about my data, but my iphone doesnt restore as it reboots itself before the retore progress bar even moves. I have tried all fixes on both Windows and Mac VM and i still have a 8 second reboot and still cannot get a verbose output.

Any advice will be much appreciated

Thanks for helping out msft.guy. Your advice is sound and is the right course of action for these problems. You guys with these problems probably have a few other things going on too, and I like to use SSH Ramdisk myself to go "interactive verbose". You can plug away at the filesystem if you know what you're doing. This is essentially what my custom software is doing for recovery purposes.

Essentially it's a forensics program, and those in security are not to keen on people releasing publically accessible (easy to use) tools which can be used for malicious intent. Apple really screwed up security where the accessibility of the filesystem is concerned. Sure they encrypt the boot modules and kernel, but we already got around that. Don't get me wrong, it's good for jailbreakers, but it comes with a price. Security. Privacy. Most people think a passcode lock is great, but it was the most lazy implementation of "security" I have ever seen from Apple. Sure they attach passwords and information in to the keyring, but something like the passcode lock is inside an external file which can simply be overwritten to disable it. That one is so easy to do I can even build it inside one of the packages I released.

Really, the proper way (though not impenetrable, nothing ever is) to secure phones better was for Apple to implement filesystem encryption with rotating keys and non-static (moving) inode registers. I believe I read once, they talked about doing this early on but it's a huge overhead for the OS/kernel and slows the phone way down and drains battery life by a factor of 2. Only they would really know how well this works, but it would really slow down hacks for a while. It may not matter in the end, because if there is one thing I have learned in the I.T. Industry, it's that security is nothing but an illusion. It only represents an effort to do what we can to stop or at the very least, slow/limit accessibility. Look at the super powerhouse companies out there, MS, Goole, etc who have all the latest tech and security solutions, and even they have been hacked multiple times. I tend to believe you have more security through obscurity. Less used/known common security solutions. No version, firmware, manufacturer, or anything related to the security device/platform. Information is power, so withhold it.

Anyway the point of my little philosophy up there is just how insecure these devices really are. And I'm not entirely too sure what to do with or how to handle my software so it's not used maliciously, doesn't piss off law enforcement/security firms, yet still provide some level of recovery for honest people who want their pictures off the phone of their baby girl or whatever.

But, that's for later... Right now I need to resolve this data ark issue with the custom bundle in the windows patcher. So I will tweak that and then move on to these other problems.

Thank you all for your support and generosity. Thank you for all the helpful debug/log info. I love nerd/matrix language.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 08:17 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

czxxx (2010-05-21)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    ..Apple really screwed up security where the accessibility of the filesystem is concerned. Sure they encrypt the boot modules and kernel, but we already got around that.
    I was under impression that 3GS actually uses uid_aes_key(?) to encrypt NAND? Of course, that only protects from bad guys desoldering flash modules, not from a compromised chain of trust.
    it should be pretty trivial though to create a custom iBoot that requires a personalized pin code before loading unsigned anything in recovery mode.. Of course, SHSH'es stored on Saurik's server are yet another vulnerability - you don't want the attacker to be able to access those keys.

Mind you, I first had an idea to create such a recovery ramdisk when my friend's 3.0.1 3GS got unbootable and he had to wait for 3.1 jailbreak, even though he could use such a tool to reimage the system partition. You don't need this to get to private data: just a regular restore followed by a jailbreak allows you to dd the user partition over SSH with most data intact.

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast