Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The link you pasted is for A boot loop issue. The one I'm (and others are) having appears to be a bit different and seems directly related to the rock update. The link didn't help my situation at least...

Quote Originally Posted by czxxx View Post
    The link you pasted is for A boot loop issue. The one I'm (and others are) having appears to be a bit different and seems directly related to the rock update. The link didn't help my situation at least...
    Oh sorry, I misunderstood. That link was for the person with the reboot-loop and for anyone else with that problem. I have tried that method myself and it didn't work for solving this problem and doesn't seem to have caused any harm. I think I could remove the posts or ask for them to be removed if that is what you prefer

1.) iPhone OS firmware version

2.) Unlocked or not
    - nope

3.) Which jailbreak did you use
    - blackra1n

4.) Do you use windows or mac.
    - windows 7 + windows xp mode
    libusb is only on winxp installed.

5.) Do you at LEAST have access to a mac.
    - nope

6.) The results of the applied FIX.
    - still fscking
    didnt work on winxp or win7.

3.0 (I think)

2.) Unlocked or not
    no

blackra1n

windows xp

sadly, no

no change

Thank you very much for all the work done so far, unfortunately it hasn't made any difference. My phone still gets only to the Apple logo before shutting off (if the timing matters, about 12 seconds after boot).

I'll definitely be watching this thread and hoping that another solution is found. I haven't had a successful iTunes backup in months (probably since the 3.0 upgrade) so I really don't want to have to restore.

Hey all, still haven't had a moment to respond to all questions. I have read all of them and will post in a few. I'm still here and have some things to try. For now Carlie and I are going on a much needed lunch date! More to follow...

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 08:38 PM.

Hello Ibeej,
    Your application is almost perfect. It goes through all the processes-one by one- without any errors, but once it reboots, it goes back to recovery mode. I don't think it's missing something big. I think, it just needs some minor tweeking.

My 3gs iphone serial number falls in between week 40-45 where the results vary. (week 43).
    jailbroken with blackra1an
    unlocked with blacksn0w
    win vista / no mac
    recovery not an option - for now _ I have a lot of audio in my Ifile.

Good luck Ibeej!
    At least, it worked for some people. It was worth the effort.
    Thank you again for your help and dedication, You're a good man.
    Last edited by AAHMEDD; 2010-05-16 at 09:36 PM.

I have now tried both the windows and (first run) mac editions of b33jsn0w. Both give the same error: "Unable to recognized specified IPSW." My version is 3.0.1.

@Beej: any idea why this is happening?

@gr8dane: you said you had this same problem and got it to work. How?

Thanks all for your time, I will definitely be donating to Beej in the near future.

For reference:
    1) Iphone 3G running 3.0.1
    2) not unlocked
    3) redsn0w
    4) vista
    5) yes
    6) couldnt get anywhere; firmware not recognized

@steinomite

I actually realized that I was on 3.0, not 3.0.1 and was able to run through the process with that IPSW. 3.0.1 always complained it wasn't recognized.

However, I'm still stuck on the 7 second shut off problem.

steinomite, I had the same problem.
    If you right click the IPSW file, under properties / general / where it says "type of file": it should read "Apple Device Software Update File (.ipsw).
    It took me houres to figured it out.I'm not a computer savee
    What i did last night, I downloded the file from iPhone and iPod Touch Firmware :: iPhone System Software Updates Downloads. using FIREFOX web browser .
    Downloading with microsoft for some reason, i get under "Type of file" WinRAR ZIP archive (.zip) instead.

Again make sure, "type of file": reads "Apple Device Software Update File (.ipsw).
    I know this works for sure, I hope you the same.
    Ahmed.

2.) Unlocked or not
    no

blackra1n

both

sadly, noyes

no change

The iPhone was working perfectly normal last night, when I woke up this morning it was off and would not turn on. When I power on the iPhone I see the apple logo for about 7-8 seconds and then it turns back off again. I have one of the older 3Gs models that does not have the tetherd jailbreak. After performing your fix there has been no change, phone still shuts off after about 7-8 seconds of booting.

UPDATE:

Got my iPhone working. I first tried the fix on windows which did not work, then I tried it on my Mac and now its working just fine. Thank you VERY much!!!
    Last edited by dauthi; 2010-05-16 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dauthi View Post

2.) Unlocked or not
    no

blackra1n

both

sadly, noyes

no change

The iPhone was working perfectly normal last night, when I woke up this morning it was off and would not turn on. When I power on the iPhone I see the apple logo for about 7-8 seconds and then it turns back off again. I have one of the older 3Gs models that does not have the tetherd jailbreak. After performing your fix there has been no change, phone still shuts off after about 7-8 seconds of booting.
    Run the fix again, but check off "Verbose Boot" as well. Next time you boot your phone, you should see a lot of text on the screen. See if it says "fsck failed" right before it shuts off.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you fixed it. For once, I actually wish I had a mac...

Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    Run the fix again, but check off "Verbose Boot" as well. Next time you boot your phone, you should see a lot of text on the screen. See if it says "fsck failed" right before it shuts off.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you fixed it. For once, I actually wish I had a mac...
    that makes the both of us...

and btw, how do you get into verbose mode on the new bootrom in the mess i am in?
    Last edited by rexxar00; 2010-05-16 at 10:42 PM.

Well I did what someone else suggested and ran up to Best Buy and used their demo mac in order to use the mac version of the update. It ran fine but upon rebooting it is now in a reboot loop. I tried running the update for a second time because the above poster mentioned he had to run it twice. Unfortunately it still didnt get me out of the reboot loop. I'm holding out for just a little longer before I just say screw it and restore my phone.

Briefly, it's a bit odd that windows has worked for some and not for others, while the mac version does. I have some good theories and I think I can narrow it down some more.

Remember, I have more packages to post, and have a promising custom program I have bee writing from the ground up to eliminate the "redsn0w" variable. Again, both versions use the exact same payload. Not duplicated. Not built twice. It's the exact same image. So that only leaves redsn0w, doing or handling the package differently somehow between windows and mac.

I'm looking in to this and will post my findings in a few. I don't want to see anybody regret losing all their priceless pictures and videos. So I think my track record shoes I don't give up very easily if at all.

I will reply to questions soon with more info headed your way!

That's not bad grammar above. Just iPhone auto correction fail. Ok and proof read fail. Sorry. lol

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@steinomite

Well, I went back and checked everything I could think of to see if I could confirm which firmware I'm running. I finally found it under %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPodDevices.xml. It shows I run 3.0.1 (and not 3.0, like I thought). This means I've been running ibeejsn0w with the wrong firmware (although, oddly, it ran just fine the whole way through).

I'm still not able to use the 3.0.1 IPSW either. I get the same message you get about it not being recognized. I've tried 4 different downloads, all with the same result.

I may have hosed my phone completely at this point, but I'm still waiting for the 7 second fix. Although, it may not do much good if we are not able to run with the 3.0.1 IPSW.

Update: the issue with windows appears to be how the extractor in the windows version handles the bundle. I'm seeing an indication of failures to properly extract a few binaries, where the mac version succeeds. My theory is how the dev teams windows extractor handles symbolic links. I may have to build a custom windows bundle afterall. The reason it works for some people is probably due to the fact that the binaries that failed to extract aren't broken or missing on their phones. While they are for others. This just proves my theory that this problem is complicated because the rock update doesn't break the exact same binaries for each person. It's different based on their configuration. I hate that. I hate that bad, because that's what makes this so difficult to develop!

I will probably need some windows testers on MSN tonight if anybody happens to be available.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    Update: the issue with windows appears to be how the extractor in the windows version handles the bundle. I'm seeing an indication of failures to properly extract a few binaries, where the mac version succeeds. My theory is how the dev teams windows extractor handles symbolic links. I may have to build a custom windows bundle afterall. The reason it works for some people is probably due to the fact that the binaries that failed to extract aren't broken or missing on their phones. While they are for others. This just proves my theory that this problem is complicated because the rock update doesn't break the exact same binaries for each person. It's different based on their configuration. I hate that. I hate that bad, because that's what makes this so difficult to develop!

I will probably need some windows testers on MSN tonight if anybody happens to be available.
    I'd be happy to test. Not sure if I'll be available later though... Well, we'll see.
    Last edited by spooky655; 2010-05-17 at 01:04 AM.

Hi iBeej,

I've been following this thread from the beginning and I join others in my appreciation of your efforts towards this whole issue!

My issue is the apple logo reboot cycle, which you are still working on. I did try the b33jsn0w-ddc-0.1-win to see what happens and more importantly to see the verbose boot.

My device hangs and reboots on the following message:
    Code:
     AppleMRVL868x: Baseband reset detected
    I hope this helps. Can't wait to try out the new behind the corner version.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi again,

I tried the fix and enabled verbose boot. It goes so fast I can't get much out of it. But I did see a lot of something about kernal continuation, then lr: (some memory address) and fp: (some memory address). Again, it's so fast I can't be sure exactly what it's saying, but it crashes after about 4-5 seconds of the kernal continuation, lr: and fp: messages. Does this help any? Is there something I should be looking for in that stream of text?

Here's what is most likely a worthless video showing it...

iPhone reboot loop in verbose mode
    Last edited by czxxx; 2010-05-17 at 01:33 AM.

Hi BEEJ!

Tried b33jsn0w....

Same results as before. As expected since I have the kernelproblem.
    Stuck in recoverymode boot loop. The phone stays in recoverymode about 5 min before doing a reboot to applelogo (3 sec) then recoverymode again.

blackrain, unlocked
    on mac

Just want to update my iRecovery info with bootrom as well.
    Maybe it helps...

Thanx!
    /R

=======================================
    ::
    :: iBoot for n88ap, Copyright 2009, Apple Inc.
    :: BUILD_TAG: iBoot-636.66
    :: BUILD_STYLE: RELEASE
    :: USB_SERIAL_NUMBER:
    =======================================

[FTL:MSG] Apple NAND Driver (AND) RO
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI0:CE0
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI0:CE1
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI1:C8
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI1:CE9
    [FTL:MSG] FIL_Init [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] BUF_Init [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] FPart Init [OK]
    read new style signature 0x43313133 (line:375)
    [FTL:MSG] VSVFL Register [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] VFL Init [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] VFL_Open [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] YAFTL Register [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] FTL_Open [OK]
    Boot Failure Count: 5 Panic Fail Count: 0
    Delaying boot for 0 seconds. Hit enter to break into the command prompt...
    HFInitPartition: 0x4ffa1040
    Kernelcache image not valid
    Entering recovery mode, starting command prompt
    (Recovery) iPhone$

Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast