Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia error thats driving me crazy

Default cydia error thats driving me crazy
    is it possible to uninstall cydia and then reinstall it again through rock app. or possibly ssh into the phone to reinstall without having to restore or rejailbreak. my problem is i keep getting the error the "method driver/usr/lib/apt/methods/http could not be found", ive tried multiple times a fix i found on a forum that replaces the http file with a copy renamed to Http or HTTP but this fix has not worked for me. has anyone tried completely removing and reinstalling cydia. any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. i have a 3gs running 3.1.2 jailbroken with my ecid stored back to 3.0 if this helps.

Thanks

why not try to put blackra1n on and re download cydia from there
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

did that already i dont think it replaces all the files and i didnt uninstall just reinstalled over original. my concern is can i remove it cydia temporarily without running into any stability issues

Thanks

Not entirely sure but I would say to try what you were saying to do through rock app and if that doesn't work the way you want then you can always re-jailbreak. You said you have saved your ecid shsh files so there should be nothing to worry about. Just play around with it but I think it would be easier to rejailbreak and add everything again. Also I would stay away from aptbackup and others like that. Maybe try the one that rock offers ( never tried it ). Let me know what u do and how it goes!