Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit Error: icuuc36.dll missing?

Default Spirit Error: icuuc36.dll missing?
    Iphone 3gs 3.1.3 - 05.12.01

I am opening the new spirit from the Apple application support file and it keeps on reading the same error and then closing any help?

Thanks.

Did you upgrade to the latest verison of Itunes? I you did, uninstall it and google 9.0 and install that version. Happened to me last night after one of my Iphone a 3G didn't want to turn on and I reinstall 3.1.2. I tried to use Blackrain and got the same problem, actually with a bunch of .dll's and after save them all to the win32 folder icuuc36.dll kept giving me headaches.

I went to an XP PC that I have and had an old Itunes. Tried balckrain, it worked but stopped after waiting for the rebooy. I knew I had to update Itunes once I did tried the blackrain again and got the same dll's errors. So I removed it installed the 9.0 and the blackrain worked flawlesly..

I ive installed the itunes 9.0. - (it will not open due to the library file having been created by a newer itunes version).

Still blackra1n doesn't work.
    Spirit still has the same dll missing?

Any ideas?

For use on a windows pc, there is a fix on the ih8sn0w webste, for blackrain and iTunes 9.1 Its along the top. Also, if your running windows 7, then u need to run blackra1n in compatabilty mode for windows xp, also using the blackra1n/iTunes 9.1 fix... All the fix does is save a new version of blackra1n to your desktop to use instead of the original. Hope this helps someone!

@henry0 - wat windows
    are you using? Try compatability mode if on vista or 7: right click> properties> compatability tab at top of window...
    Last edited by ukhellfire; 2010-05-10 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have vista.
    Phone now in plug into itunes loop - will have to reinstall itunes 9.1 to restore the phone to get it turned on again.

Already got both blackra1n and spirit running in compatibility mode...

Right then use the fix for blackra1n off the ih8sn0w website... And for the boot loop, is it constantly rebooting itself yer? There is also a tool on the same site called iReb, use that, its pretty self explanetary...

Quote Originally Posted by henry0 View Post
    Iphone 3gs 3.1.3 - 05.12.01

I am opening the new spirit from the Apple application support file and it keeps on reading the same error and then closing any help?

Thanks.
    Hi henryo,

Here is the icuuc36.dll : http://dllcentral.com/icuuc36.dll/…download it and then extract the downloaded zip file to the system32 folder which is located in windows folder (that is located in your main drive which contains the installed windows)
    Last edited by JeanAHough; 2011-08-11 at 02:54 PM.