Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can someone assist me please

Default can someone assist me please
    I have an ongoing problem that seems to be getting worse and is becoming rather annoying. I am hoping someone has a bit of advice for me. i bought my 3gs 10 months ago and immediately jailbroke it with blackrain. I'm still on ATT with firmware 3.1. This is my problem: recently my phone is lagging and throws itself into safe mode and as the weeks go on it happening more often. it also gets stuck with no service until i reboot and im back to full service. just as often my phone will lock up, worse than a lag, and then will go into safe mode. other times it will be stuck on my telephone favorites screen and i cannot navigate back to my home screen and only use the phones tabs. lastly, my ultimate problem is no calls or texts can be received only made, ill reboot and receive a dozen texts and 3 voicemail's LOL. I laugh, but it really sucks. any ideas

Thanks guy, i hope im not the only one. is there a way i can restore, stay on 3.1, jailbreak and be 100 percent functional again? there is no physical or any water damage to it. i have never dropped it either. I'm lost here

Thanks

If you have your shsh's saved for 3.1 you can restore to that and rejailbreak. But is there any particular reason you want to stay on 3.1. Your on AT&T so you don't have to worry about an unlock. Why not just do a regular restore then jailbreak with spirit?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

Sticky111 (2010-05-11)

I was worried most of the cydia apps won't function as well as they do such as backgrounder. Spotlight. Categories. Poof. Lockscreen info and others. I try to do as much searching as I can but between work and pre med schooling I'm losing my mind on top of my somewhat malfunctioning phone.

Ps. How would one go about the shsh's process of I were to upgrade or can I still stay on 3.1 if I didn't do the shsh? Thanks for your help btw
    Last edited by Sticky111; 2010-05-10 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You need your shsh's saved on cydia

check this out

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kkalani For This Useful Post:

Sticky111 (2010-05-11)

thanks guys!

Thanks

All those apps should work fine on 3.1.3 if they were working on 3.1