Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Default apps have been deleted, what do I do?

Exclamation Default apps have been deleted, what do I do?
    I used Spirit to jailbreak my iphone, and when I booted up cydia it "reorganized" my apps, deleting itself and all of the default apps. Can I redownload the apps?

I have a backup from just before jailbreaking, but the issue is I bought the phone used, and dont have a plan with att, so no sim card. so I can restore the iphone, but I wouldnt be able to activate it without a sim. the phone is running 3.1.3 and is on the unlockable 5.~~~~~ baseband. I dont know if that makes a difference, and I dont plan on unlocking the phone.

So my question is one, would there be a way to ssh the default apps back on, or some way to get the apps back without a restoration? Or if not, can this iphone(on this firmware) be hacktivated and then restored without issue?

I used spirit again after the mishap, and now cydia is on there, and working properly. If that would help the situation, just thought I would throw it out there.

On cydia download sbsettings, after its downloaded slide yoir finger across the top of the screen, go to more, then go to hide icons, make sure all of them are set to off.

HALELUJAH, I restarted the springboard and it all went back to normal. Life as we know it is saved.

Well then. Good Job!