Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G won't boot

Default Iphone 3G won't boot
    I'll try and be as detailed as I can, first off the issue is after I turn on my iPhone it shows the apple logo for around 10 minutes, then it switches back off again, I can load into DFU mode and I can get into recovery mode but thatís all, I think my iPhone is screwed and I need to do a restore, however I have never synced with my current computer so there is no backup to return to and I need the pictures and contacts off my phone before I have to restore it, is there any way I can remove just the contacts and pictures from the phone whilst in DFU mode or recovery mode?

I donít mind if I have to lose everything on my phone as long as I can remove the contacts/pictures, the only reason I think the iPhone wonít start is either because of the Rock update I did or the fact that I had too many apps, I canít think of any other reasons why it would not turn on it used to fine before, I have tried holding down both power and home buttons and starting also and get the same result.

I developed a fix to this problem. Don't mess with the phone. Stay tuned here and post the required information I'm after:

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/710...ml#post5237906

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 2010-05-28 at 10:08 PM.