Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia problem

Unhappy Cydia problem
    Hey, I recently Jailbroke my phone using Spirit. It installed Cydia, and I happily toyed around with it. A friend of mine suggested to try out the NES app. I'm not that techno, and I needed to get ROM's or whatever. Using Youtube, something told me I needed to download 'All Sources'. I got to that point, and then I ran the all sources thing. Everything downloaded great, I waited, but then it froze at 'Downloading Packages'. I figured this isn't the best thing to be doing, as I'd rather just use Cydia as it is without the sources. Problem is, when I open Cydia the application remains on the 'Running Page' on Cydia, showing some long command prompt ending with 'Thx for using all sources!'
    So I restarted my iPhone...
    And it takes 302093-4080324803284 years to load, showing lots of Errors.
    I'm pretty much guessing all of those sources are outdated, probably showing some that don't exist.

Anyway, I can't open the Cydia main page because of a 504 gateway time out.
    People have told me to go to manage and kill the extra sources, But I'm not sure which ones to delete?
    Any ideas?

PS: Cydia still works, and I can still search for stuff. I haven't downloaded anything else yet, but it seems to be working fine except for the main page.

The top says 'Error: NetDB: Open nodenam...'
    Last edited by tapper; 2010-05-09 at 09:44 PM.