Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: shsh saved or not?

Default shsh saved or not?
    how can i check if my shsh blobs are on cydia?
    i did click "make my life easier" as soon as i JB my iphone but now that spirit is out there is a lame message in cydia and doesn't say if it actually has my blobs on it. how can i check for sure? cuz i'm trying to reinstall 3.1.2 on my 3gs and i'm getting all sorts of errors.

is the shsh server down at the moment? cuz i can't pull the blobs down with umbrella
    Last edited by sd_dracula; 2010-05-09 at 02:03 AM.

I'm having a similar problem I posted about here. Was your reinstall prompted by RockApp problems too?

no i have blackra1n tethered which sucks now that spirit is out and untethered. so i want to revert back to stock 3.1.2 and spirit it.
    i'm getting all sorts of errors 1600, 3914, 3001... i hate apple so much. its my device and i should do whatever i want with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sd_dracula View Post
    no i have blackra1n tethered which sucks now that spirit is out and untethered. so i want to revert back to stock 3.1.2 and spirit it.
    i'm getting all sorts of errors 1600, 3914, 3001... i hate apple so much. its my device and i should do whatever i want with it.
    Agreed... what do you mean by tethered versus untethered?

if its tethered you need to connect it to your pc every time the phone is rebooted. which sucks if you're not near a pc with blackra1n on it.

Thanks

You can use firmware umbrella to check to see if you have shsh backed up. Just choose Saurik's server instead of apple from the drop down on it. If you dont have any shsh's on file it will also store them for the current firmware which is 3.1.3.

I had them saved on sauriks server, as I did that as soon as I used blackra1n, from within cydia I clicked make my life easier.
    I tried putting in my ECID in umbrella and clicked saurik - cydia and it says: "could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/version: sorry"
    So my shsh is not saved on sauriks server anymore? Or his server is offline?

As I understand it, saurik's server is offline for the time being. Hopefully he gets it back up soon. I JB'd before I found out that you need to be stock to have AutoSHSH save your blob, and I really don't want to start all over again.

Thanks

Saurik's server should be back online now. It was only down for a couple hours early this morning. When did you first hit the make my life easier button? If it was later than very early February then even though you were still on 3.1.2 at the it would've 3.1.3 files that were saved, because that's all apple has been signing since the 4th or 5th of feb.

The SHSH server? It's been down since spirit came out, at least for me. I've been getting the same message about heavy traffic. I need to back up my file though, I got a warranty replacement and I'm kind of hung out to dry right now. Is the server actually up, and if so why is it not showing for me?

Thanks

It's only disabled in cydia. The actual server is still up and running. You can still get your shsh files stored to and retrieved from it using firmware umbrella or by editing you hosts file and restoring in iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by choltzapple View Post
    I JB'd before I found out that you need to be stock to have AutoSHSH save your blob, and I really don't want to start all over again.
    You can still get them saved if you are jailbroken. Autoshsh will work for you.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-05-12 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I clicked make my life easier at the end of March. and it said they were saved for 3.1.2
    But I dont think they are as umbrella cant pull them down.
    Also used autoshsh to re-upload them to sauriks server and it said everything went fin but I dont think it did. I like to have the optionof reinstalling stock 3.1.2 but it seems impossible.

Thanks

If it was the end of March when you hit the make my life easier button the it's not 3.1.2 files you have save it's 3.1.3, because that's what apple was signing at the time.

But I never had 3.1.3 installed. Shouldn't it save 3.1.2 blobs as you can restore to 3.1.3 without them anyway?

It saved files for whatever the current firmware is regardless of what you have installed. Apple has to be signing that firmware fir the file to be saved. Therefore, if you tell it to save your file after apple stops signing 3.1.2, you get a blob for 3.1.3 since it's the current firmware.

so it's impossible to revert back to 3.1.2 no matter what then?

As far as I know. You must have an SHSH on file for 3.1.2 to revert to it

so i cant extract them from my 3.1.2 because they are not signed anymore, only 3.1.3 is signed right?
    will anyone be able to crack those signatures or fake them?

Thanks

No the shsh's can not be extracted from your phone or cracked. The only way to get them is from apple. Since apple is no longer signing 3.1.2 all you can get right now is 3.1.3. Just like once 4.0 is released they'll stop signing 3.1.3. So that's why you should get them saved while you can.

ah ok i get it now. so if i use autoshsh it will save my 3.1.3 blobs even though i'm on 3.1.2 as 3.1.3 is the only one being signed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast