Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with Activating/JailBreaking Iphone-$5 Paypal!

Default Help with Activating/JailBreaking Iphone-$5 Paypal!
    Hey, i need your help. I've finally swallowed my pride and decided i need help getting my iphone back up and running.
    Ok so I have an iphone 3G, never got it activated, and just used Blackra1n to jailbreak/activate/unlock it. This all worked fine until Cydia started acting up and i restored the iphone.
    I didn't know when you restored that Itunes would also update the firmware. So now i have Firmware 3.1.3 and the new Baseband (i'm pretty sure). I'm trying to get it back to working condition. I've tried alot of stuff, redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, iReb, iRecovery, quickPWN windows, etc etc. I've gotten it jailbroken but then the phone wouldn't get at&t service.
    I restored it again and so right now it's sitting at the Itunes-Cord-Emergency Phone Screen. I need step by step instructions on how to activate and jailbreak the phone again to working condition.
    Ideally i would like to resort back to the 3.1.2 firmware, and the baseband that would let it connect to at&t service.
    Right now i have windows vista and Itunes version 8.2.0.23
    Please Help and Thankyou!
    $5 via paypal for the best instructions that sucessfully get me downgraded to 3.1.2 firmware, Baseband that actually let's me connect to at&t, jailbroke, unlocked, activated, etc.
    Last edited by didier836; 2010-05-08 at 11:04 PM.

Default You might be out of luck until 4.0 comes out
    I'm no pro here, but I have been reading a lot and from what I have learned (I think), when you upgrade through itunes it does upgrade your baseband and then you can't downgrade it. So, with the spirit program you can jailbreak 3.1.3 but there is no unlock. You need the hacktivation, but that's not happening. If you have at&t then I believe you can still jailbreak it with spirit, but no go on the unlock. Now 4.0 is supposed to come out sometime this summer, and word is that there are already jailbreaks with unlock for it, but we'll see. That's all, others with more experience will respond, I think I am right, hey, I tried! Not for the $5 either, I just like to try and help if possible.

Thanks

Your pooched wait for a unlock hopefully end of next month

Update-

Got my Phone Jailbroken again using redsn0w and downloading Itunes 9.1.
    Same issues with no AT&T service. Going to try to use Fuzzy Band to downgrade Baseband. I'll let you know if it works. Any idea of how to check to see what baseband your running and what your bootloader is?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by didier836 View Post
    Hey, i need your help. I've finally swallowed my pride and decided i need help getting my iphone back up and running.
    Ok so I have an iphone 3G, never got it activated, and just used Blackra1n to jailbreak/activate/unlock it. This all worked fine until Cydia started acting up and i restored the iphone.
    I didn't know when you restored that Itunes would also update the firmware. So now i have Firmware 3.1.3 and the new Baseband (i'm pretty sure). I'm trying to get it back to working condition. I've tried alot of stuff, redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, iReb, iRecovery, quickPWN windows, etc etc. I've gotten it jailbroken but then the phone wouldn't get at&t service.
    I restored it again and so right now it's sitting at the Itunes-Cord-Emergency Phone Screen. I need step by step instructions on how to activate and jailbreak the phone again to working condition.
    Ideally i would like to resort back to the 3.1.2 firmware, and the baseband that would let it connect to at&t service.
    Right now i have windows vista and Itunes version 8.2.0.23
    Please Help and Thankyou!
    $5 via paypal for the best instructions that sucessfully get me downgraded to 3.1.2 firmware, Baseband that actually let's me connect to at&t, jailbroke, unlocked, activated, etc.
    There are few options you can do if you just want to jailbreak and don't need unlock since you are with official carrier. You can downgrade your 3G to 3.1.2 if you want, but you will encouter error 1015 ( recovery loop ) when that happens just run quickpwn22 to boot up into emergency screen. Put your sim in to activate through Itunes and then jailbreak blackra1n or even Redsn0w.
    OR you can just restore to stock 3.1.3, activate through Itunes and then jailbreak with Spirit.

Ok, so I'm running Baseband 5.12. Don't know which bootloader. I can't get access to Fuzzyband because Cydia won't load all the way. I get the "Cydia Error fail to fetch" and it fails to fetch a whole bunch of stuff. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Ok, so I'm running Baseband 5.12. Don't know which bootloader. I can't get access to Fuzzyband because Cydia won't load all the way. I get the "Cydia Error fail to fetch" and it fails to fetch a whole bunch of stuff. Anyone know how to fix this?
    You can only downgrade your Baseband if your Bootloader is 5.0.8, otherwise No

Cydia had to install and update other stuff. Not sure why it didn't do it immediately.

My Bootloader Version...6.04....

Thanks

Cydia had to install and update other stuff. Not sure why it didn't do it immediately.

My Bootloader Version...6.04....

So don't bother trying to downgrade the baseband, it will not work not matter what you do.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Which carrier is this phone tied to?