Hey everyone,

I've been doing a bit of reading up since Spirit was released and just haven't been able to find answers to a few questions, so I'm hoping you can help me out.

I currently have an older gen iPod Touch 2G that is currently jailbroken on 3.0 (7A341). I jailbroke it over a year ago using redsn0w and all is well... Well there's quite a few apps now that require 3.1.x so I'd like to update.

So my questions are:

1) My understanding is that to update to 3.1.3 what I'd do is use iTunes to upgrade, then Spirit to jailbreak. Is this correct?

2) Currently my iPod is sync'd to iTunes 9.1.1.12 (so all the apps, etc are living in harmony). If I use iTunes to update to 3.1.3 then jailbreak with Spirit will I lose any data on the iPod (apps, music, etc.) and have to reinstall everything, or will the data persist after the upgrade and then again after the jailbreak?

3) Any suggestions to back up my SHSH blobs via Cydia or using Umbrella? From what I understand after reading this is only necessary if you a) have an iPhone and b) if it's a new gen device that hasn't been jailbroken before. Am I right here?

4) Any other caveats I should be aware of?

Thanks you very much in advance,
-Mike