Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missing apps after jailbreak!

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Missing apps after jailbreak!
    Hey,

Just jailbroke with Spirit. (I have a 3GS 3.1.3)

Ran Spirit with no real problems (had to reboot at spinning wheel but ok after that). Got to homescreen and went straight to Cydia (as you do). Cydia said 'reorganizing' i think for about 30 secs, then crashed and iPhone resprung. Upon unlocking I am presented with a homescreen missing at least 12 apps! Phone, Calendar, Text, Settings, Calculator....

Anyone seen this before? And if so any solutions??

Cheers
    When I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Usually the only time apps go missing is if you had them hidden at one point and then restore to a backup in iTunes after you jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think that's the problem. The phone was never jailbroken before, and was stock 3.1.3 .

I had itunes running during the jailbreak, could that be the problem? Should that be turned off (and itunes helper forced quit presumably) before clicking 'Jailbreak'. I just want to know your feelings before restoring for 4th time.

Thank you
    When I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?

Default Missing Apps After Spirit Jailbreak
    Hey,

I have a similar issue (though a bit more complex)

Issue: Missing ALL of my downloaded apps (ex. facebook, dictionary, etc.) from the springboard after jailbreaking itouch 3.1.3 w/ Spirit (vers 2, may 3rd). BUT ALL of my default apps PLUS Bookmarks AND 3rd party (jailbroken) apps are still showing.

Complexity: This ipod restore was previously used on a different itouch (2g) that was previously jailbroken and had Categories (which was never removed properly). Although NON of the new apps that are in the "Applications" folder show.

Troubleshot:

1. SBsettings/Poof show ALL apps as NOT hidden...
    2. Deleting the com.apple.springboard.plist + a reboot didn't help.
    3. Enabling/Disabling the Restrictions + reboot didn't help (Settings->General->Restrictions)
    4. Restoring from backup (without a fresh install) w/ the same restore also causes the same thing.

For some reason my apps in the "Applications" folder wont show... Any ideas?

njosnavelin, you may want to try any of the above steps (those are what i found online)

-Pandja

Edit:

I'm back

Here's what worked for me (Restore, Rejailbreak, Redownload)

Solution:

1. Restore iTouch 3g to factory settings through itunes.. then Restored from previous backup
    2. Rejailbreak via Spirit
    4. Redownload all my apps manually (All app date was saved because i didn't Manually delete them.. ex. Stanza still has all my books, facebook has my logon saved, Dictionary.com still has my History)

Took about 30 mins and its back to normal!! (but not all the apps are downloaded, this'll take a while)

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Pandja
    Last edited by pandja; 2010-05-09 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost