Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 BB 5.11.07 tethered JB

Default iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 BB 5.11.07 tethered JB
    I'm a newbie in trouble seeking for help.

Firstly, my iPhone is jailbroken and unlocked. This morning it went off as it ran out of battery. When I tried to boot, I did the usual procedure: connect iPhone and run blackra1n (RC3). Normally after geohot picture replaced "Connect to iTunes" screen it would reboot. But just recently my iPhone decided to go off few seconds after geohot picture came up.
    I've repeated steps several times but no luck. It just shut off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: The last time I tried to boot my iPhone I was still using previous iTunes version, 9.0.x. It was the first time I ever tried to boot after unknowingly updated iTunes to 9.1.0.73. I thought this was the root of the problem so I did uninstall iTunes and reinstall older version but it still didn't work. I have never seen iTunes killed blackra1n app either.
    Last edited by djuuuaann; 2010-05-07 at 01:05 AM.

Whatever you do do not restore to a factory 3.1.3 or you'll lose all hope of unlock.

You have SHSH on file for 3.1.2? Then you can try to recover to factory 3.1.2 and JB with Spirit so that you won't have a tethered JB anymore.

I'm not really sure about that. Is that what you get after Cydia offers an option "Make my life easier!" or something like that? Then I guess I do have it. Could you tell me how to recover to 3.1.2? I'm afraid I'd do something wrong and it gets updated to 3.1.3.

Edit: Wait, doesn't spirit jailbreak iPhones, not unlock them?

Edit: I remember seeing this on my iPhone

"This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS."

That means I have it

Edit: Found it how to restore to 3.1.2, but how to unlock after jailbreaking with Spirit?
    Last edited by djuuuaann; 2010-05-07 at 02:18 AM.

Use USBView to check the ECID and use Umbrella to see if Cydia has your SHSH on file for 3.1.2:

Windows:

1) Download USBView http://www.ftdichip.com/Resources/Utilities/usbview.zip
    2) Start USBView on your PC.
    3) In “options”, check off ”config descriptors” (enable).
    4) Hit F5 on your keyboard to refresh.
    5) Scroll down until you see ”Apple Recovery (iBoot) USB drive”, and click on it.
    6) Look for ECID in right navigation pane.
    7) Copy the 16 digits that follow the ECID.

Windows Users: Make sure you have Java Runtime Environment 5 or higher installed.

Download Umbrella and extract to desktop. The Firmware Umbrella

1) Double click umbrella.jar
    2) Enter your ECID in the box provided
    3) Select Device Version from the list
    4) Select SHSH Repository from the list
    5) Click Submit

A file ending in ".shsh" should appear in the folder.

Check your shsh file is approx 64-66 KB, if it is not, it is not a valid ECID SHSH file.

Note: If you wish to get your 3.0/3.0.1 SHSH file from Saurik's server, make sure to select "Saurik - Cydia" from the SHSH Repository list.

I tried the above step but umbrella says "Could not get your ECID SSH for that model/version." I have as well removed the line with gs.apple.com in the hosts file. It simply didn't work. I'm positive though that I have the SHSH required. Now my question is how or what program to use to unlock my iPhone after jailbreak with spirit?

yeah just change the hosts file to point to saurik's server by adding 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com at the end of the file

then do a restore to factory clean 3.1.2 firmware you can dl it from here: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

then, jb it with spirit from Spirit

good luck man!

Yeah... I got all those. My question is after I jailbreak with spirit, how do I unlock it?

you can just use blacksn0w from cydia and that will unlock if you are on the old baseband

Alright, by old baseband do you mean 05.11.07?

i have a similar problem.. was rebooting my jailbroken iphone 3gs 3.1.2 5.11.07 using blackrain.. geohot's logo disappeared after 5 secs. Phone goes into recovery mode and not able to boot.

Do i just follow the above instructions on how to restore to 3.1.2?

I am just worried that all my personal data including apps i paid for would be deleted.. can someone please advise?

Also, once restored.. would it be ok if i used spirit with blacksnow to unlock? Wondering whether to hold out for 4.0 then jailbreak then but I'm not sure..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. THANKS!

Thanks theimapwnu

Oh, so I'm not the only one here. Geohot logo just disappear. I'm currently trying the above advice. Will let you know if it works. And yes restoring will delete everything. If you by any chance find an answer on how to fix it, please let me know as well.

was trying to use umbrella but it keeps saying i dont have a device connected?? weird because itune seems to recognize the iphone fine.

When I tried to restore it says, "...isn't eligible for the requested build." Weird, I have already included the line in the hosts file. Any solution?

Edit: I found something here, http://www.hackint0sh.org/f203/109567.htm#post494446
    I think that guy got a point. When I ran umbrella, entered 16-digits ECID, and chose 3.1.2 for my OS, it failed. When I changed it to 3.1.3, which I never submitted, it worked. It gave me 3.1.3 SHSH. So could it be that restore failed because iTunes can't find my 3.1.2 SHSH? I don't understand why would Cydia do that in the first place... I wonder if it will work to use that SHSH to restore my phone to 3.1.2?

Edit: I have been able to go beyond verification with the help of tinytss, but this time error 3001 came up. After straight six hours Google-ing trying to find out the answer, I'm guessing the fault lies with Rock recent updates. I really really need help. I guess I have to use my spare, old Nokia now and turn my iPhone into iPod touch until unlock for 3.1.3 is released. =(
    Last edited by djuuuaann; 2010-05-07 at 05:29 AM.

OK, u have no SHSH for 3.1.2 then if that's happening

Can you still get your phone to boot at all?

Can you SSH into your phone?

If so you can try to manually remove Rock and see if that helps

If you can get the phone to boot, try to get the SHSH saved with AutoSHSH you can get it here: AutoSHSH-3.1.3+3.2--RC2.exe

Then you can try to setup a local verification server and restore to 3.1.2 that way

But don't give up and update your phone to 3.1.3 bro, keep at it
    Last edited by theimapwnu; 2010-05-07 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm really sure I do have it. Oh well...
    And no, it doesn't boot.
    I think I'd upload a video to better illustrate what happened

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlZBB-Z5U]YouTube - GeoHot disappears on iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 BB 5.11.07 new bootrom then shuts off[/ame]

I really doubt SSH will work under recovery mode.

OK dude, then we are in business.

Download AutoSHSH.

Put your iDevice in recovery mode. To do so, turn it off, hold the home button while plugging your device to the USB cable. Keep holding the home button until you see a “connect to iTunes” logo. If iTunes launches, close it.

Launch AutoSHSH. Make sure you are connected to the Internet and that you have Java Runtime installed. If not, download and install it. Also make sure your device is in recovery mode and connected to your computer.

Click “grab my SHSH blobs automatically”. AutoSHSH will start to work its magic.

AutoSHSH will finally ask you where you want to save the file on your computer. Select a convenient location (ie. desktop).

Then, see part 3 of the following method to set up the local verification server and restore to 3.1.2:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html

You're almost there man, just hang in there
    Last edited by theimapwnu; 2010-05-07 at 07:14 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to theimapwnu For This Useful Post:

djuuuaann (2010-05-07)

Cool. I was able to get the SHSH file.
    Alas I encountered error 3001 again, but I suppose I know why now. The guide says Windows 7 has some problems, perhaps that was what stopped me earlier. I'll install Windows XP and try again tomorrow. Any maybe install iTunes 9.0.1 instead of 9.0.3. Many thanks theimapwnu, you've been a lot of help. Would be really great if this work out. I wish I could repay you.

Edit: I found out that the SHSH I got from AutoSHSH matched perfectly with the SHSH I got from Cydia server. So it's been platform problem after all, huh?
    Last edited by djuuuaann; 2010-05-07 at 07:47 AM.

You got the SHSH for 3.1.2?

Is it 64kb and all that?

I was getting 3001 also when I tried with Umbrella but then when I had it go through Cydia with my SHSH on file there it worked, and this was on Win7 32-bit.

I know Cydia isn't taking SHSH's right now but if you wait a bit it might be back up later and you can try to submit it then and try having iTunes get it from Cydia rather than using Umbrella.

I'm not sure when the Cydia SHSH server will be back up, maybe a few days or so?

Will AutoSHSH give your blobs to Cydia?

Can you then try to pull it down with Umbrella to verify?

And btw, no worries.

I was locked out of a JB for months when I screwed up and upgraded to 3.1.3 on my old 3gs...

I don't want to see you in a worse situation where you would be locked out of an unlock without service for months
    Last edited by theimapwnu; 2010-05-07 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by theimapwnu View Post
    You got the SHSH for 3.1.2?
    It should be 3.1.2, as I never upgraded to 3.1.3, and it can't be lower either since I have already got 3.1.2 the time I bought it.

Is it 64kb and all that?
    63.6Kb to be exact.

I was getting 3001 also when I tried with Umbrella but then when I had it go through Cydia with my SHSH on file there it worked, and this was on Win7 32-bit.
    I used Windows 7 64-bit, and I recall umbrella/tinytss developer mentioned something about 64-bit instability.

I know Cydia isn't taking SHSH's right now but if you wait a bit it might be back up later and you can try to submit it then and try having iTunes get it from Cydia rather than using Umbrella.

I'm not sure when the Cydia SHSH server will be back up, maybe a few days or so?
    Yeah I realized the server was down. I'm planning to retry this.

Will AutoSHSH give your blobs to Cydia?
    It will, I forgot what it says though.

Can you then try to pull it down with Umbrella?
    Not when I selected 3.1.2, but it was a success when I selected 3.1.3. It may have to do with what I quoted in my previous post about SHSH being resubmitted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast