Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 BB 5.11.07 tethered JB

Thats strange, try again with XP if you can on another machine...

Otherwise wait out till the Cydia SHSH server is back up and try to have AutoSHSH give it your blobs again, then you should be good.

Thanks

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless his 3.1.2 shsh's were saved before Feb. 2nd or 3rd then the only shsh he is going to be able to get is 3.1.3 not 3.1.2

Even though I didn't update my iPhone? What about the SHSH I got from AutoSHSH?

Thanks

it's not a matter of which firmware you are currently running it's which firmware apple is signing

=(

What do you suggest me to do? Update to 3.1.3, JB with spirit, and wait for unlock to be released? I swear I'll never install rock again.

Thanks

I have seen several posts with the same problem you are having after updating rock...so far the only fix I have seen is to restore and since you can only resotre to 3.1.3 at this point that is probably your only option unless you want to hold off a few days to see if anyone else figures out how to fix it without having to restore

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

correct me if i'm wrong, but if you update to 3.1.3, your phone will be stuck in the "Insert SIM card to activate/Emergency Calls Only" screen, right?

And if you don't happen to have an AT&T card lying around, you're stuck there because Spirit won't jailbreak unless you've activated.

Thanks

@hughEE
    you are correct

but can't you send your shsh blobs to saurik's server anyway? why does feb 2-3 matter? for sure apple isnt signing it

if you have 3.1.2 on your phone now, and you can get the shsh saved and pushed to saurik's server whats the hold up here then?

I'm guessing Feb 2-3 refers to the date when Apple stopped signing firmware 3.1.2 and lower. Which is why my SHSH had to be resubmitted to 3.1.3. Well guys, thanks for all the answers. I've decided to restore to 3.1.3 and treat my iPhone as iPod Touch until unlock for 3.1.3 is out, which should be only a month away. At least if I restore I can make use of this device.

Edit: One question, though. Since my iPhone has been activated before, when I restore to 3.1.3, it will be activated won't it? I still have my AT&T card although it shouldn't be functional at all as contract has been terminated. In case I have to re-activate my iPhone, can I use that card?
    Last edited by djuuuaann; 2010-05-07 at 10:59 PM.

Don't do it man, i'm telling you you can get your blobs saved off your device if you just wait for the SHSH server to come back up.

You dont need apple to sign anything since you can pull the shsh off your device locally and have it sent to Saurik's SHSH server once its up

Then you are good to go

But be patient

edit: You'll have a bricked device dude, no jailbreak, no unlock, and you wont be able to activate since you don't have an AT&T SIM

DONT UPGRADE TO 3.1.3 MAN, wait out till Saurik's server is up then send your 3.1.2 SHSH over using AutoSHSH
    Last edited by theimapwnu; 2010-05-08 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've already done it. I don't think it is logical that I would be unable to use SHSH extracted from AutoSHSH but able to use one hosted at Saurik's server. I've done a little research too, that indeed the one hosted is 3.1.3, not 3.1.2, regardless of the firmware I'm using.
    The restoration process, however, was a success. So was the jailbreaking. It could activate my phone with the old AT&T card, despite contract has been terminated.
    At least I can use my iPhone, or "iPod", now.

I have the exact same problem as you djuuuaann; I don't know what to do about it either. In recovery mode I get a 3001 error on a 3.1.2 restore in iTunes and in DFU mode I get a 1600. How does autoshsh exactly grab the SHSH? Is it possible to SSH into the phone while it's in recovery mode?

I cant even think about updating to 3.1.3 as I don't have any old AT&T card.

I don't know what to do.

Damn Rock.

That's the same error I had. I don't exactly know how does AutoSHSH get it and I doubt you can SSH into the phone in recovery mode. Well, if you are willing to give up your unlock for a month or two then you can always borrow a friend's AT&T card or buy a prepaid card to activate.

Note: My iPhone is not really activated. Whenever I reboot, a dialog always pops up saying "Activating, this may take a while" or something along that line. I can dismiss that notification though then the phone is fully functional. With that card in the SIM tray, it can bypass "emergency call only" mode.
    Last edited by djuuuaann; 2010-05-08 at 06:17 PM.

I have an iPhone that I bought from the US and am currently using it in India. The major networks here are Airtel and Vodafone that have been linked with the iPhone. So none of my friends have an AT&T SIM.

If only I could restore it to 3.1.2

I don't understand why the restore is showing the 3001 error or the 1600.
    Going through various Rock! update screw-up threads, I find that many people have easily restored themselves to 3.1.2, I don't understand these errors particularly.

I have tried restoring through the cydia servers and also with Tinytss
    Gives me the same error.
    Last edited by kkalani; 2010-05-08 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You don't have to use AT&T. Any carrier that Apple has signed would work, or so I believe. Sorry I said AT&T because I assumed you were in the US.
    Those people who have successfully restored to 3.1.2 have the correct SHSH, signed before Feb 2-3.
    Last edited by djuuuaann; 2010-05-08 at 06:44 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to djuuuaann For This Useful Post:

kkalani (2010-05-08)

Thanks

@theimapwnu
    you are still incorrect...the shsh blobs come from apple, they do not come off the device itself...so yes it matters which firmware is signing...what autoshsh and firmware umbrella do is send a restore request to apple and apple sends back a shsh blob that gives iTunes the okay to allow the restore...that's why it doesn't matter which firmware you are running but which firmware apple is signing...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

kkalani (2010-05-08)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so here's my case: i got my 3gs like a week after Apple stop signing the 3.1.2 firmware, and i did balckra1n for jailbreak and blacksn0w for unlock, last week that i wanted to do the spirit jailbreak i noticed on cidya that i only have SHSH for 3.1.3 any adivice on what to do. dont wanna lose my 05.11.07 nor my unlock

many thanks in advance you iPhone Gurus

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@jffonseca16

Spirit jailbreak requires a clean restore that hasn't been jailbroken with blackra1n yet. So... you canNOT use spirit unless you restore to 3.1.3 but of course, if you do that you will lose your baseband, and the ability to unlock (as of this date).

you should stay with blackra1n for now, and enjoy your unlocked phone... thats alot better than some of us.. :/

How I can get redsn0w form cydia?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast