Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reverting back to 3.1.2

Default Reverting back to 3.1.2
    Device: iPhone 3GS
    Firmware: 3.1.2 JB
    Jailbreak: Blackra1n

I have my iphone JB with blackra1n at the moment from stock 3.1.2 firmware which is tethered and sucks big time.
    Now that Spirit is out I want to do it to get rid of the tether but I'm just afraid of one thing. I got an mc133b model with 05.11.07 baseband which came with the stock 3.1.2 firmware.
    How can I know for sure that if I just install 3.1.2 from apple it won't upgrade my baseband too?
    For 3.1.2 do you need the shsh or is that only for the latest firmware? I do have it stored on saurik's cydia but I'm not sure if it works cuz of that message in cydia.
    Also what data gets deleted when I install firmware again? Are contacts, settings, stored from within itunes?

Thanks

Does your phone need to be unlocked? If not then you don't need to worry about the baseband getting upgraded. And yes contacts, settings, etc... Are stored in itunes

at the moment i dont need it unlocked but i'd like to stay on 05.11.07 in case i wanna unlock soon (which i might need to). how do i find out what baseband is in the 3.1.2 apple firmware?

Thanks

05.11.07 is the baseband for 3.1.2

If you restore to an official 3.1.2 firmware your phone will still be unlockable. If you install 3.1.3 it will NOT be
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-05-06 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

sd_dracula (2010-05-06)

cool thanks.
    i just wanna make sure that when i restore official 3.1.2 i can still jailbreak it.
    restoring will only delete cydia any jb apps right?

and actually according to http://twitter.com/iH8sn0w they're working on a blackra1n -> spirit solution so maybe i wont have to restore
    Last edited by sd_dracula; 2010-05-06 at 11:31 PM.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm still on 3.0 and about to upgrade and rejailbreak mine to 3.1.2 using blackra1n. Where do I get the 3.1.2 ISPW from? I can only get 3.1.3 from iTunes correct?

Thanks

Right, 3.1.2 is completley jailbreakable and unlockable. Yeah restoring will only get rid of cydia and jb apps which you can put right back on after you jb again. All iTunes apps will be reinstalled during the restore process

Who knows when ih8snow will get it done. You could be untethered in an hour if you restore and use spirit

P.s. I use pkgbackup so getting all my cydia apps back after a restore isn't such a headache. You may want to give it a look before you restore.

AMRAAM you can download 3.1.2 from the downloads section of this site
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-05-06 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok that sounds good i just hate having to install all the cydia apps again, one by one. let me get this 100% right. I can just put iphone into recovery, shift+click restore, select official apple 3.1.2 file and thats it? or i have to do something with the shsh blobs first? change the server to sauriks or whatever.

Thanks

you have to direct your computer to saurik's server to get 3.1.2 installed. This thread should tell you everything you need to know about that. http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...an-saurik.html

Thanks

@AMRAAM
    you have the old baseband 3gs so the easiest thing for you to do is create a custom 3.1.2 with pwnagetool and restore to that...you will already be jailbroken when done...if you don't have a mac google as download a custom 3.1.2 ipsw and shift+restore to that in iTunes...custom ipsw's bypass the signing process by apple and you will already be jailbroken when done with the restore

@ sd_dracula
    the only way you will be able to restore to 3.1.2 is if you have your 3.1.2 shsh's saved on saurik's server (cydia)...it doesn't matter that you are on 3.1.2 already as apple is only signing 3.1.3 so u can only restore to that without 3.1.2 shsh's
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-05-07 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost