Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs won't boot past apple logo and turns off by itself

Well I seem to be in a worse situation than most. My phone won't go into dfu mode or restore or anything else for that matter. It turns on and I see the Blackra1n pineapple for about 3-5 seconds ,then off again. I am at a loss. I think I've tried about everything but I sure would like some tips. I have a 3GS-32GB it was on 3.1.2 and jb using blackra1n. Any and all suggestions welcome. Thank You!

update: Finally got restore mode. Thanks anyway!
    Last edited by razerburn; 2010-05-13 at 01:18 AM.

Hei, any news? Third day silence, nerves are breaking

3gs
    win 7
    jail'd/unl'd
    pictures and videos of newborn baby
    and the "rock problem".

edit: oops, wrong thread, found http://modmyi.com/forums/general/710...pple-logo.html
    Last edited by kaups; 2010-05-15 at 01:56 PM.

After reading through all of the posts for this thread I've come to the conclusion that the problem most, if not, all people have is that they didn't have a recent backup for their iPhone/iPod which is why they wanted avoid restoring their device.

As for me, my iPhone was backed up via iTunes a week or two ago. Now my question is, what exactly is backed up? If the answer is everything, does that include text messages, photos/videos, app data up to the point when my iPhone was backed up? Because I really need that stuff. Or is it just things like contact info, notes, calender dates, etc.?

I'm asking because if the text messages, photos/videos, and app data were backed up as well then I'll just do the same procedure Aerocare and exdcustom did. If not, I'll just have to wait for iBeej's fix for Windows. I was running on firmware 3.1, baseband 05.11.07.

Hello All!

I have an iphone 3gs 3.1.3, Not JB or UL, the phone shutoff today and I thought it was out of battery. I have now hooked up my phone to the charger and it keeps shutting off after the apple logo...I did not JB so I don't know whats going on. Any Ideas? TY

Quote Originally Posted by rodeeze View Post
    Hello All!

I have an iphone 3gs 3.1.3, Not JB or UL, the phone shutoff today and I thought it was out of battery. I have now hooked up my phone to the charger and it keeps shutting off after the apple logo...I did not JB so I don't know whats going on. Any Ideas? TY
    I am having the exact same issue,

Phone shut off, and since then is constantly restarting after the Apple Logo.

Phone is not jailbroken, so totally confused as to why this has happened.

Have put it in DFU Mode and have been able to get it to the 'Restore' Section in iTunes but it is coming up with the error:

'The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the required build'

I have used IRecovery to change the boot settings and this hasnt fixed it.

I have even pointed my host files to point to 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com and used a seperate Update file and still no avail.

Any idea what could be up, and how to fix?

Regards,
    Matt

my iphone is on 5.1 and im on windows. im having the same problem except my phone wont let me restore it. i keep getting errors in itunes. i tried using snowbreeze for custom firmwares and i tried redsnow. nothing seems to work. i dont care about losing data cause i have that backed up. i just want the phone to be on again. its jailbroken with redsnow. it didnt start doing this until i donwnloaded blacksnow from cydia. the package didnt say it wasnt for 5.1 and i didnt find out until after my phone messed up. what can i do?

Quote Originally Posted by MattTarrant View Post
    I am having the exact same issue,

Phone shut off, and since then is constantly restarting after the Apple Logo.

Phone is not jailbroken, so totally confused as to why this has happened.

Have put it in DFU Mode and have been able to get it to the 'Restore' Section in iTunes but it is coming up with the error:

'The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the required build'

I have used IRecovery to change the boot settings and this hasnt fixed it.

I have even pointed my host files to point to 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com and used a seperate Update file and still no avail.

Any idea what could be up, and how to fix?

Regards,
    Matt

1 ) put your device in recovery mode :
    * when the apple logo appears hold down the " home button and the volume up button "
    after that it will turns to " i tunes
    * don`t use a usb3 to restore your iphone " especially it`s not compatible " with it
    * usb 2 port will do the trick with no error
    * p.s : if your computer / lap : can`t recognize the iphone put the iphone in the dfu mode
    this time to make the comp recognize the iphone
    turn off the iphone
    hold the power + home button for mostly = 10 -15 sec
    you may hear the peep of the usb
    release the power button and stay hold the home button
    you may hear the peep
    congratulation you ready to recover your iphone : 3g --- 4s "
    in iphone 5 it happen to me when i drop it
    if the recovery didn`t work that men the cable that link to the battery too small is damaged or moved out of its place
    because it`s too short if out of warranty you can fix it by your self
    i wish that help

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678