Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help with shsh question

Default Please help with shsh question
    I jailbroke my phone 2 days ago using spirit. Its a 2 week old iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 MC model. I Didnt save my shsh file or whatever that is because i wasn't really sure what it did but now i know i need it to downgrade if a new firmware update comes out.

What should i do?

Restore/backup my phone so i dont lose contacts etc/save shsh/jailbreak again

or can i somehow save my shsh now eventhough my phone is jailbroken.

Btw i have downloaded iPhone3GS-3.1.3-Restore.ipsw if that is anygood to me? Im a n00b with all this. Please help me out. Thanks

Thanks

apple is still signing 3.1.3 so you can restore to that with no problems...yes you can save your shs's once you are jailbroken so that when apple does stop signing it you will be able to restore to that

you can use firmware umbrella to save the shsh's or in cydia there should be a "make my life easier" button that will save them for you
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-05-06 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

But cydia says ''TSS SHSH notice is disabled: insane traffic to TSS server due to spirit release has made looking up what blobs are on file painfully slow'' ?

Thanks

The make my life easier button will be restored once traffic to cydia slows down a little. In the mean time as previously stated you can use firmware umbrella or auto shsh from ih8sn0w