Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G - 3.1.2 Jailbroken Without SHSH on File - Should I Go 3.1.3 and Spirit

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3G - 3.1.2 Jailbroken Without SHSH on File - Should I Go 3.1.3 and Spirit
    i have a 3G with 3.1.2 jailbroken with redsn0w. i'm on the 05.11.07 baseband and unlocked with blacksn0w. i did not save my ecid shsh before 3.1.3 was released.

should i upgrade to 3.1.3 and jailbreak with spirit and upload my new ecid shsh. i'm hesitant because the new firmware is worthless but it gives me an opportunity to save my phone when apple comes out with a new firmware.

if your on an official carrier and don't need to have it unlocked then i would say upgrade, spirit it and get your shsh on file for 3.1.3 so you are safe for 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by callmetuan View Post
    i have a 3G with 3.1.2 jailbroken with redsn0w. i'm on the 05.11.07 baseband and unlocked with blacksn0w. i did not save my ecid shsh before 3.1.3 was released.

should i upgrade to 3.1.3 and jailbreak with spirit and upload my new ecid shsh. i'm hesitant because the new firmware is worthless but it gives me an opportunity to save my phone when apple comes out with a new firmware.
    First, 3G does not need to save SHSH
    Second, if unlock is a must, stay where you are now.
    Last, if you care so much about the firmware 3.1.3, you can restore the phone with custom firmware 3.1.3
    In summary, leave the phone at 3.1.2. No need to update to 3.1.3
    good luck

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dtsexpert For This Useful Post:

callmetuan (2010-05-11), dadacamp (2010-05-06)

Quote Originally Posted by dtsexpert View Post
    Last, if you care so much about the firmware 3.1.3, you can restore the phone with custom firmware 3.1.3
    good luck
    Hi dtsexpert

Could you clarify "3G doesn't need to save SHSH"?

I have a jailbroken and unlocked 3G that has stopped booting past the Apple logo ever since I did an upgrade of Rock. I need the carrier unlock for the Rogers locked phone to work on my Bell network but I don't believe I ever sent my restore data to Cydia. Do I have any hope of using this phone?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtsexpert View Post
    good luck
    lemme make sure i'm reading you right. when apple comes out with 3.2 or 4.0, i can restore my 3.1.2 phone to 3.1.2 factory specs without having apple authenticate my phone's firmware? because i can currently do that while the 3.1.3 is the current firmware. i wanna know if i can't do it during the next firmware upgrade
    Last edited by callmetuan; 2010-05-06 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks

Yes that's right. A 3g does not require it's firmware to be signed by apple like a 3gs does

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

callmetuan (2010-05-11)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    Yes that's right. A 3g does not require it's firmware to be signed by apple like a 3gs does
    SWEET!! thanks dtsexpert thanks jkmonkey SCREW 3.1.3!!