Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone no longer booting up

Default iPhone no longer booting up
    Hey everyone,

I've had my iPhone 3GS jailbroken for a very long time (I used Redsn0w). My firmware is 3.1.2. Today I upgraded ********** to v3.0 from the RockApp. I opened ********** to try out the new version but it wasn't working (it wouldn't list any apps) so I decided to reboot my phone.

Upon reboot, the apple logo shows up for about 3-5 seconds and then the phone turns back off. It will not boot up anymore. Note that it's not turning back on by itself after it shuts off, so I don't think it's the looping reboot problem most people have.

I want to avoid resetting my phone to factory settings through iTunes because I had it highly customized and I don't want to lose all of those settings. Anyone know why it wouldn't boot up all of a sudden? I can plug the phone in and boot up by holding the home button and top power button until the CD + USB screen shows up, but that's about it.

Any suggestions? Can I maybe SSH into my phone and delete/add/modify some files?

Thanks

I have the exact same problem except for my Rock App upgraded and i rebooted my phone later today. Same thing happened to mine. Can't get my pc to recognize it.

Yeah, my RockApp got an upgrade too but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with this reboot problem. But it's something you and I have in common at least.

Thanks

yeah, i know. need some serious help.

Search for 'cydia upgrade' in the search page. There has been loads of comments from users of rok and cydia reporting problems, plus even the mighty Saurik has made a few posts. Hope this helps guys but reading into it you need to restore.

Sorry should have read cydia updates. Anyway here's a link http://modmyi.com/forums/cydia-suppo...a-updates.html

Also check this link out. http://modmyi.com/forums/rock-your-p...ml#post5229338
    Last edited by Maxswaby; 2010-05-05 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does the restore wipe out themes/packages?

Thanks

yes a restore will wipe out everything