Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Give a newbie some help and info please.

Default Give a newbie some help and info please.
    Ok so Ive never jailbroken my iphone before and I dont know much about it.

Ive been looking round for the past week and finally registered to this site.

Ive had my phone(Iphone 3GS) before the 3.1.3 update and updated to 3.1.3 when it came out. Ive read about some 'Spirit jailbreak'. Can I use this to Jailbreak my iphone?

Some info from me:
    My carrier is Optus (Australia) and I am on a 2 year contract with them. So Im guessing when I jailbreak I dont need to unlock... Right?

Also what do people mean when they say you need to activate the phone after jailbreaking?

its more a case of that you need to be able to activate your iphone after JB, as per stock using your phone for the first time.

You won't need an unlock if you have a contract so no need to worry about an unlock, try the newly released sprit jailbreak at Spirit

Spirit is quite easy. Its a one button interface. Just plug your phone into the computer and run spirit. By activated they need you to have the sim still in so thats an easy part. Im sure if you search the words "Spirit Jailbreak" you will find alot of threads about it.

There are many good threads on this forum that will help. Just take the time to read them.