Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: About Part Numbers (To be able to use spirit)

Default About Part Numbers (To be able to use spirit)
    we all know that we need to pass activation to be able to use spirit .. what about the phones bought from ebay etc.

we dont know much about them , and if we dont have the box ,and because cannot access the springboard , how can we activate ?

i "may" find a way..

International Numbering Plans, 2001-2010

This Webpage shows a primary market range for the given IMEI number ,and because IMEI is unique for each device , you can predict which operator your phone is locked to ..

I found that my primary market is "north america" , but couldnt activate with AT&T , which means my phone is locked to Canadian carrier.

iPhone Carrier List – Model Numbers|TGIL, Inc

And by the way ,if you have your part numbers from somewhere (box etc.) ,this is the list of part numbers ,and you can search yours and find the locked carrier.

At the end , i want to ask something

If you keep an eye on the list closely , you'll see that some part numbers for DIFFERENT carriers of the SAME country are exactly the same. I mean a canadian iphone bought from virgin mobile or from rogers holds the same part numbers. (But for some countries this doesnt apply , it may change from carrier to another)

What i want to learn , if my phone had firstly been bought from virgin mobile (canada) , but if i can only find rogers sim card ,am i able to activate ? (because the part numbers are the same) ? (of course it wont unlock carrier , but only to activate)

Why asking this ? Because i live in turkey ,and there are different 5 carriers in canada , and i'm not able to find every operator's sim cards

Please pay attention , this may give a way for those who dont want to wait 1,5 months more to use iphones at least as a Jailbroken ipod touch 3g

ONLY a simcard from the exact same carrier would work....because its locked to that carrier.