Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to SSH after using Spirit on 3GS?

Default How to SSH after using Spirit on 3GS?
    Hey guys, I used Spirit JB on my 3GS 3.1.3 and worked like a charm. The only problem I'm having now is that when i try to SSH into my phone through either iphoneBrowser or WinSCP, neither of them work. Anyone else running into this problem?

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Captain McFunk; 2010-05-04 at 11:13 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you have to install afc2add in Cydia after the Spirit break? Or does it patch the commcenter during the break?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can SSH using Winscp without issue. In establishing a WINSCP connection, some box pops ups about a new server key but if you accept it, it establishes the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Do you have to install afc2add in Cydia after the Spirit break? Or does it patch the commcenter during the break?
    I didn't have to add afc2add to use WINSCP.
    Last edited by twitchthecat; 2010-05-05 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've been having some trouble w/ssh too. I've only been able to get any kind of success by using winscp, and even then only sometimes. Whenever it fails I just close out winscp, respring my device and then try again. It may take two or three tries but it should work if u try that. Hope that helps....

-peace

-

Sometimes the ip changes, confirm that, and also notice the password is alpine unless you change it again.

I had some problems with Flow (mac) not transferring files. I was changing the wifi bars to the wifi logo set and only half transferred. WinSCP (PC) worked fine. No dropouts and failed transfers.

I guess I should've tried Cyberduck too. (Don't care for it though.)

This seems to be the closest thread to my issue too.

I have an iPhone 3G 3.1.3 and I have jailbroken it using Spirit. I am on a Mac (snow leopard). I installed OpenSSH and SBSettings through Cydia. I have been trying to SSH into it with no success.

Used Terminal: ssh [email protected].x
    Response: ssh: connect to host 172.16.xx.x port 22: Connection refused

Can anyone help?

have you installed afc2add? if not then try installing it.

Quote Originally Posted by alehkcis View Post
    have you installed afc2add? if not then try installing it.
    Added it, still not able to SSH.
    port 22: Connection refused

I thought afc2add is for USB connection transfers
    Last edited by redgrey; 2010-05-05 at 07:33 AM.

Same prob here on a mac however all in windows 7 using winscp. However had to untick allow scp fallback and it worked.

Hope it is of some help

Coley

sigh.... we were dying for a quick release.... now our damn SSH doesnt work on 32GB 3GS 3.1.3 Spirit JB.... sigh sigh...

I know this might be a dumb questions, but is your SSH turned on in SBSettings?

remember you have to reinstall SSH from cydia, and the password will be the default "alpine" until you change it thru mobile terminal. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by klpisrx View Post
    remember you have to reinstall SSH from cydia, and the password will be the default "alpine" until you change it thru mobile terminal. Hope this helps
    I have reinstalled OpenSSH several times and confirmed in SBSettings that it is running. I can't even get to a point where I am asked for a password (through Terminal or Fugu)

Well I can not get it to work on my 32gb 3GS with 3.1.3 with Spirit either. I have tried all that I can think of including reinstalling all the apps. I had to use the afc2add file and then use disk aid and use it with the usb cable.
    I love my iPhone Cydia style.

my suggestion is to try logging into terminal on your phone just by typing 'su' and it will ask for a password. try alpine if that doesn't work then your password was changed and you may have to restore to reset the password (not completely sure about this though maybe someone knows a work around to get it fixed).

the other way you can get into your iphone directory on a pc (sorry don't use mac) is have afc2add installed and use 'ifunbox' it goes through usb hence the need for the usb transfer plugin. and you can do what your trying to do without having to go through a wifi connection.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to likeips For This Useful Post:

wa2ruff (2010-05-14)

Thanks

Have you rebooted your phone since installing openssh

Default I think I fixed it! For Ubuntu at least
    I had a similar problem after using Spirit. However, I was using Ubuntu, not Windows. All that I did was clear the known hosts file. Maybe doing something similar would solve the problem in Windows?

Hopefully my first post is a helpful one!

Edit: I just booted back into Windows, and found that I was able to SSH in with WinSCP. It just gave me a warning about the key or something.
    Last edited by numanair; 2010-05-14 at 05:23 AM.

Default Solved it
    Well falks, I had the exact same problem.
    The solution is not clean, but it works.
    Just Uninstall OpenSSH in Cydia, Install it again, and connect inmediately after install.
    It does not work if you use "Reinstall" option, you have to Uninstall first.
    And you have to do this every time you want to SSH.
    Hope it works for you. I had the same symtoms, and now works every time.
    Regards,
    Ronald.